Milan @ South Gibson

ManOfMillions

21 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

Milan vs Mcnasty, BOOlivar, and Laxingting 

Milan's athletes make the defense. Even if they get out of position they have the speed to clean it up. Offense looks confused and out of sorts. Trying to block 8 people with 7...??????   Got me. 

If you watched those games I agree. Milan’s defense has looked better in the last few games. At the beginning of season defense was looking horrendous and the offense looked better. Now it’s trending the opposite way. Regardless we have had problems with teams that have a smash mouth run game. 

1 hour ago, PeabodyPride said:

Purple Puppies 28/ Baby Stingers 14, I can say SGC must have improved by miles since Jamboree,which improvement is of course expected but they look pretty good now !!!

I agree with you on SGC part. They’ve really turned it around and that makes a very dangerous team no matter what seed in the playoffs. 

6 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

I agree with you on SGC part. They’ve really turned it around and that makes a very dangerous team no matter what seed in the playoffs. 

Yeah the SGC we had at Jamboree couldnt win a game,they have done very well,just think Milan with out"Athlete" em !!!

Edited by PeabodyPride

3 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

Purple Puppies 28/ Baby Stingers 14, I can say SGC must have improved by miles since Jamboree,which improvement is of course expected but they look pretty good now !!!

PeaPride.... Man after the Jamboree I honestly thought this is going to be a really long season...... SGC has come a country mile since then. If not for a missed field goal early in the Covington game SGC would be playing for the number 1 seed in our region. They are playing their best football right now and that is when you want that to happen. Game is going to be closer than that what you predict. 

4 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

PeaPride.... Man after the Jamboree I honestly thought this is going to be a really long season...... SGC has come a country mile since then. If not for a missed field goal early in the Covington game SGC would be playing for the number 1 seed in our region. They are playing their best football right now and that is when you want that to happen. Game is going to be closer than that what you predict. 

It wouldnt surprise me a bit sir !!!!! You all should be very proud of the kids and the staff ,dont get me wrong Peabody is a good team but after that Jambodee I thought  yall would win 2 games all season,yall proved that to be false,so yall go on and grit yall out a W over Milan,it for sure will scare some playoff teams to see the Hornets  coming!!!Good Luck to both teams and a injury free game !!! But gotta still leave yall with a ROLL GOLDEN TIDE HAHA

15 minutes ago, Racerman22 said:

Milan vandalized the hornets nest last night I am hearing.

I REALLY hope this is not true. A good healthy rivalry between these schools is good for everyone. I can say this. This is the biggest rival on both of our schedules and nobody with any class or dignity about them wants this. NOBODY. 

Edited by ManOfMillions

9 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

I REALLY hope this is not true. A good healthy rivalry between these schools is good for everyone. I can say this. This is the biggest rival on both of our schedules and nobody with any class or dignity about them wants this. NOBODY. 

I wouldn’t say on both schedules. Peabody and Milan have duked it out for quite some time. Good luck Friday night tho, I’m leaning towards SGC in this game. 

3 hours ago, Goldenpride said:

I wouldn’t say on both schedules. Peabody and Milan have duked it out for quite some time. Good luck Friday night tho, I’m leaning towards SGC in this game. 

The younger crowd in Milan definitely views SGC has their biggest rival. Proximity and the fact that they know people over there has a lot to do with it. However anyone my age and up probably will tell you Huntingdung is Milan’s biggest rival. And it is all to do with wins and losses in some huge games. There are gold and silver balls in each team’s trophy case that were won only by going thru a 4 qtr war against the other. Milan and SGC have not had one of those yet. But it is probably coming. 

18 hours ago, Racerman22 said:

Milan vandalized the hornets nest last night I am hearing.

I am in complete agreement with BPM in regards to Milan’s thoughts regarding our “rivalries”. 

My experience with this “rivalry” since my boys were little has been before nearly every Milan vs SGC game, Milan is said to have done something horrible to disrespect the Hornets that blows up into a huge deal taking over social media in the days prior to the game. In each instance, those of us in Milan are left looking at each other with raised eyebrows trying to figure out what is going on bc there is zero chatter in Milan about any of these things. My dad coached Milan football for 15 years with Tucker so I’ve been involved with the program literally since I was born and the things Milan has been accused of by SGC over the years just doesnt fit or show up with any other team we play. As a result, all these accusations in recent years make very little sense over here in Bulldog Nation. Did someone from Milan vandilize SGC property? I don’t know. No one does at this point but I’m sure there are cameras and they will catch whomever it was. Could it have been someone from Milan? Certainly. Could it have been someone from SGC trying to make Milan look bad? Certainly. I don’t know about everyone else, but I would prefer to focus on the actual game and do without all the extra drama that accompanies this game every year. Leave it on the field. Go Dawgs!!

• Upvote 1