Fulton @ OR

SweetScience

1 hour ago, oridgecat said:

you are right.  We knew this before the game.  That's why we let you win.  You know I'm joking.  Fulton played and coached a great game.

It looked like both teams were trying to let other team win on a few occasions but rest assured Fulton is about WINNING  ..they wanted Region Championship regardless of how the bracket looked  ....  that is what they are about  .. Championships    ..  they will play anyone anywhere ... they may get beat but not afraid of competition at all .. so  lets play the brackets ... you gonna play tough  teams in semi's regardless ... so it is what it is  ... but if you asked OR , KC or Fulton they would choose to play another week ... OR will have that luxury with the draw they got more than likely --  one of KC or Fulton wont make it there to meet  OR  .. but good luck if its KC and not if its Fulton ... haha

Edited by Tadvols

36 minutes ago, Tadvols said:

It looked like both teams were trying to let other team win on a few occasions but rest assured Fulton is about WINNING  ..they wanted Region Championship regardless of how the bracket looked  ....  that is what they are about  .. Championships    ..  they will play anyone anywhere ... they may get beat but not afraid of competition at all .. so  lets play the brackets ... you gonna play tough  teams in semi's regardless ... so it is what it is  ... but if you asked OR , KC or Fulton they would choose to play another week ... OR will have that luxury with the draw they got more than likely --  one of KC or Fulton wont make it there to meet  OR  .. but good luck if its KC and not if its Fulton ... haha

It's gonna suck if these 2 teams won't be playing next year with the new brackets that'll be coming out. This game has turned into a pretty good little rivalry with mutual respect on both sides. 

27 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

It's gonna suck if these 2 teams won't be playing next year with the new brackets that'll be coming out. This game has turned into a pretty good little rivalry with mutual respect on both sides. 

Always respected OR with the great tradition ... respect is earned  ..and both teams have earned each others ...  I believe OR future looks a little brighter than the Falcons at least for next couple years .. Fulton looses a ton of really good Seniors and a ton of play makers .. OL and DL ..I think they will be fine .. but WR, RB , LB and DB  ... very scarce  ... not looking good. So I would expect Powell and OR to battle it out next year for sure ..... 

2 minutes ago, Tadvols said:

Always respected OR with the great tradition ... respect is earned  ..and both teams have earned each others ...  I believe OR future looks a little brighter than the Falcons at least for next couple years .. Fulton looses a ton of really good Seniors and a ton of play makers .. OL and DL ..I think they will be fine .. but WR, RB , LB and DB  ... very scarce  ... not looking good. So I would expect Powell and OR to battle it out next year for sure ..... 

Surely with the talent that comes out of there they'll be able to plug some more athletes in. Yeah, Powell/OR has become a pretty good little battle in itself. We have kinda dominated it, but still a tough hard hitting affair every time. With Lowe back I expect to battle them every year. Congrats on the Dubya last night. 

Went to my first OR game last night!

TJ Johnson looked like a load and I saw him get into the backfield on more than one play even with Fulton doubling him. He had a couple plays early on where he just blew straight past the blocking, but Malone consistently had the mobility to scramble and make a throw.

The wet was definitely a factor. OR had a number of dropped passes that - to their credit - Fulton made when they needed them. See: Malone getting mobile and putting the ball downfield, especially the 4th down conversion for a TD with like 20 seconds left in the half. That  was a back-breaker.

OR did look like a different team offensively when Gibbons came in. I see what you all mean about wondering what the offense would look like if he'd had more time this season.

Question for anyone who saw it, about that onside kick after OR pulled to 21-13. Fulton ran it back down pretty deep into OR territory, but OR got called for an illegal touch before the ball went 10 yards and they put the ball back. Am I crazy or did they not put any time back on the clock? There was a pretty good runoff while the Fulton return guy was lumbering downfield. Thought it was worth mentioning since I read about Fulton thinking there were some home-cooking calls, there were definitely some officiating choices that hurt OR, too. Also, pass interference in the end zone should make it first and goal, right? OR scored on the next play, but I was curious to see what would have happened if they hadn't, because the scoreboard had the play as 3rd and goal from the 2 even after the interference call.

Anyway it was a fun environment! Definitely looking forward to the playoffs. I may be a Maryville alum, but we live in OR now and the kids are old enough they've taken an interest.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MurvulHigh said:

TJ Johnson looked like a load and I saw him get into the backfield on more than one play even with Fulton doubling him. He had a couple plays early on where he just blew straight past the blocking, but Malone consistently had the mobility to scramble and make a throw.

The wet was definitely a factor. OR had a number of dropped passes that - to their credit - Fulton made when they needed them. See: Malone getting mobile and putting the ball downfield, especially the 4th down conversion for a TD with like 20 seconds left in the half. That  was a back-breaker.

OR did look like a different team offensively when Gibbons came in. I see what you all mean about wondering what the offense would look like if he'd had more time this season.

Question for anyone who saw it, about that onside kick after OR pulled to 21-13. Fulton ran it back down pretty deep into OR territory, but OR got called for an illegal touch before the ball went 10 yards and they put the ball back. Am I crazy or did they not put any time back on the clock? There was a pretty good runoff while the Fulton return guy was lumbering downfield. Thought it was worth mentioning since I read about Fulton thinking there were some home-cooking calls, there were definitely some officiating choices that hurt OR, too. Also, pass interference in the end zone should make it first and goal, right? OR scored on the next play, but I was curious to see what would have happened if they hadn't, because the scoreboard had the play as 3rd and goal from the 2 even after the interference call.

Anyway it was a fun environment! Definitely looking forward to the playoffs. I may be a Maryville alum, but we live in OR now and the kids are old enough they've taken an interest.

Very cool post and glad to have you onboard! I can't really comment about the onside ordeal because I was outta town, but maybe some of my OR brethren who were there can chime in. I am glad you had fun. OR is definitely a unique place and experience on a football Friday! 

Edited by SweetScience

3 hours ago, MurvulHigh said:

That #59 TJ Johnson was a big boy but he shoulda done a while heck of alot better ... he was getting blocked by a freshman half his size.... I watched those 2 alot .. friend son plays on OL too so I watched line alot #59 didn't stand out .. he wasn't as aggressive as he looked... 

9 hours ago, Tadvols said:

Im encouraged that Fulton had 3 freshman  starting on OL and was able to protect and  we didnt have our best RB at full strenghth ... with the 3 OL out for Fulotn I thought we would have more difficulty  .. Fulton shot them selves in foot time and time again  and got some questionable calls ..which you always get at OR ..  game should have been 28-7 at half  and  then the breakdowns and sloppy play and penalties in 2nd half kept OR in game ...  OR has alot of skill guys but line is pretty bad  IMO . 

Oak Ridge shot themselves in foot more than Fulton.I would say Oak Ridge had at least 1 flag in half of there possessions.Almost every decent play called back and Oak R stayed behind sticks.Fultons 1st score came after getting a fake punt that everybody but the Oak Ridge D seen coming.Seems like they converted more than 1 4th down to get pts but I may be wrong.What killed Oak Ridge was a 14-7 game and we are driving and should've been running down the clock and we turn 4th and inches into to 4th and 6.That game could've easily been 14-14 at half with Oak Ridge getting ball after half and all the Mo.But at worse it should've been 14-7 if we would've ran clock like we should've .Fulton was better last night on both sides but you make it sound like Fulton had the penalties and breakdowns and Oak Ridge didn't.

4 hours ago, MurvulHigh said:

Glad u got to come but next week should be a lot better.That was Oak Ridges smallest crowd of the yr.TV and weather must of kept people at home.Im about to watch the game and I will what happened on the onside kick.That sounds like something that could easily be missed.I still cant believe Oak Ridge didn't recover that fumble on the 1st play after the onside kick.Just let the fulton guy take it from him.