Fulton @ OR

SweetScience

6 minutes ago, ORDT said:

IMO - IMO - IMO (radio listener, tv watcher, highlights reviewer and occasional game attendee)

Offensive Coordinator lacks instinctive play calling ability, lacks ability to gets plays in on time and has a season of broken plays that make the stats look 'ok'. Bottom line, the Soph QB is the real deal and should have seen PT 2-3 games ago in preparation for Fulton and most certainly the playoffs. This entire season the O has had big plays but at least 85% of them were broken plays; that ain't going to cut it in the playoffs, ever. Time to play smart and for heavens sake, when the game is on the line...and the clock is eating away....get your call in OC?! Last, illegal formations back to back when the game is on the line....come on?! Bottom line, (IMO and doubt this would ever actually happen but I can dream) turn play calling over to the coach who runs the freshman squads (he took #14 and his band of freshman to an undefeated season last year) and has strong play calling instincts, the 'right fit' for the talent on the team.

The Defensive Coordinator has strong instincts and time and time again pulls out some 2nd half shutouts that no team in the State could muster given the circumstances; being down 1-2 scores at the half. He has a line that is undersized but manages to make big plays, a strong LB crew-best around, and decent corners/safeties. Bottom line, his kids respect him and his play calling and has the talent to coach at the next level or a HC job at a larger program.

Ideal scenario for the playoffs - OR starts 14 and all the sudden OR is an entirely new team. If they practice this week with 14 taking reps with the starters OR can go deep into the playoffs if not make it to State Championship.

Bottom line, very proud of this OR team and proud to be an OR fan. Those kids play with heart, just wish they had a better OC.

I don’t know who the coordinators are but it does take too long to get the offensive plays in. The defense has been good but as as the DC is concerned, for the love of god, get some pressure on the quarterback. 

• Like 1

Im encouraged that Fulton had 3 freshman  starting on OL and was able to protect and  we didnt have our best RB at full strenghth ... with the 3 OL out for Fulotn I thought we would have more difficulty  .. Fulton shot them selves in foot time and time again  and got some questionable calls ..which you always get at OR ..  game should have been 28-7 at half  and  then the breakdowns and sloppy play and penalties in 2nd half kept OR in game ...  OR has alot of skill guys but line is pretty bad  IMO . 

16 minutes ago, Tadvols said:

Im encouraged that Fulton had 3 freshman  starting on OL and was able to protect and  we didnt have our best RB at full strenghth ... with the 3 OL out for Fulotn I thought we would have more difficulty  .. Fulton shot them selves in foot time and time again  and got some questionable calls ..which you always get at OR ..  game should have been 28-7 at half  and  then the breakdowns and sloppy play and penalties in 2nd half kept OR in game ...  OR has alot of skill guys but line is pretty bad  IMO . 

I’m encouraged that you’re encouraged...

16 minutes ago, Tadvols said:

Sloppy play calling.....did you watch our OC?! That's some sloppy play calling. I will say this Fulton squad has a lot of class, time and time again, helping up the OR kids and not a lot of smack talking etc. Hats off to them and hope they go deep in the playoffs. Well coached team.

1 minute ago, ORDT said:

Sloppy play calling.....did you watch our OC?! That's some sloppy play calling. I will say this Fulton squad has a lot of class, time and time again, helping up the OR kids and not a lot of smack talking etc. Hats off to them and hope they go deep in the playoffs. Well coached team.

The Fulton coach probably scolded his team for the way they acted at the OR game last year and he didn’t let it happen again. They had no class last year but had plenty of class this year. We are too slow getting bad plays in the game on offense. On defense, we need to apply more pressure. Gaddis better figure both out in the next week 

35 minutes ago, catswild said:

I’m both encouraged and discouraged by what I saw last night. I’m discouraged that we lost but encouraged that didn’t play nearly our best and we were still in position to tie the game in the final minutes. How good is your team?  Do you have your typical big and physical offensive line?

If Rhea could ever get healthy, we could be a pretty good team. Since about week 3 or 4 we have been killed by the injury bug. At McMinn by the end of the game we were missing over half the starters on defense. Good news is we are getting healthy but I don't know if it will be enough to make any noise in the playoffs. OR and Rhea have very similar offenses, the only real difference is we run out of it mainly under center. We still have some big kids up front on the O-line and a couple good backs. The QB Pemberton is what makes our offense go. If you slow him down there is a good chance to win. The defense has been up and down with all the injuries. Some weeks we look good others not so much. I will say our freshman corner has been impressive since he got his chance against Lenoir City. We found a new kicker a few weeks ago when our original kicker went out and he has been a pleasant surprise.  I think Rhea is a  year or 2 away from being really good again.  

I'm interested to see how Rhea does against Cane Ridge this year. We played with them last year for a while before they finally pulled away in the 4th during a monsoon that turned into a wintry mix by the end of the game. If we can play with them tonight it will give me a better idea of what we got coming off the bye week last week.  

10 minutes ago, ORDT said:

The corners/safeties were smoked a few times that is for certain; perhaps they were playing deep expecting 'the big play' and/or were hoping for a pick.

To say they are better than Murvul is a loooooonnnnnnnggggghh stretch.. And I’ll guarantee if OR would have been playing Alcoa last night, the visitor stands would have been full! :thumb:

Edited by Throwdeslant

1 hour ago, Tadvols said:

Soddy will not loose to Walker Valley - so OR will get the better seed ... as the # 2  ...  because they will be in bracket with the #1 seed from Region 4  which will be Soddy Daisy ... Fulton will be #1 seed on Region 3 and Knox Cath will be in that bracket  ... so KC and Fulton will have  to play before getting to  OR and OR should get thru that side of bracket fine ... so you got a break by finishing #2  in region  ...   

you are right.  We knew this before the game.  That's why we let you win.  You know I'm joking.  Fulton played and coached a great game.

1 hour ago, ORDT said:

Thanks it was a clean hard hitting game .. respect from both sides  .. good kids on both teams  .. Thanks and good luck .