Round 1: Oneida hosts Happy Valley

Guest Fall101

4 hours ago, Kickersdad said:

Congrats on the title last night horn! JC has adapted extremely well despite losing half the team to graduation last year. You guys have speed and heart, that wins ball games!

Thansk, We knew playing hv we had to play our best.  Oneida will have their hands full with your defense and especially since the offense has improved to rest the defense.  Hv is really good

Guest Fall101
4 minutes ago, GoWarriors said:

About half zone read or spread and the other half is wildcat really. We turned our season around when we put #44 at QB.

Sounds bout like Oneida but Oneida will hardly ever pass unless they have to or it’s 3rd and long. If y’all put 10 In the box they will still try and smash ya. Even if you stop them 10 times in a row they will still run at you. Our season took a big hit when we lost our best and biggest back when he broke his femur at Rockwood. He had 700+ yards on the season when he went down. He was our top LB as well. 

One thing is for sure though our Defense is stout and will and has kept us in a lot of ball games. We will come ready to play and hit ya. I just hope the result is different than last year. 

If you’ve never been to the Reservation then you are gonna be impressed. The tailgates will be started up around noon and it will be packed out. It’s really a great place to watch a ball game. It’s got a college feel to it. 

Guest Fall101
7 minutes ago, THE KING said:

From what I've seen, Oneida runs the spread as well.  It works good if you have an athletic qb.  Personally,  i like the pro set.  Linemen can't be lazy in the pro set

Well Oneida does have an athletic QB but his arm is wild at times. You don’t know if it’s gonna land in the stands, by the cheerleaders, down in the tuba in the band section or hit his receiver. 

15 minutes ago, Spike16 said:

Sounds bout like Oneida but Oneida will hardly ever pass unless they have to or it’s 3rd and long. If y’all put 10 In the box they will still try and smash ya. Even if you stop them 10 times in a row they will still run at you. Our season took a big hit when we lost our best and biggest back when he broke his femur at Rockwood. He had 700+ yards on the season when he went down. He was our top LB as well. 

One thing is for sure though our Defense is stout and will and has kept us in a lot of ball games. We will come ready to play and hit ya. I just hope the result is different than last year. 

If you’ve never been to the Reservation then you are gonna be impressed. The tailgates will be started up around noon and it will be packed out. It’s really a great place to watch a ball game. It’s got a college feel to it. 

Spike Id say we throw the ball in the neighborhood of 5 to 7 times a game to keep folks honest. Early in the season we couldn't move the ball much less score. We are on our 4th yes 4th different QB this year. But we found a formula that works with this guy and we are 3-1 with him back there.

Guest Fall101
34 minutes ago, GoWarriors said:

Spike Id say we throw the ball in the neighborhood of 5 to 7 times a game to keep folks honest. Early in the season we couldn't move the ball much less score. We are on our 4th yes 4th different QB this year. But we found a formula that works with this guy and we are 3-1 with him back there.

Whatever works this time of year you better stick to it. Oneida threw it 5times against Coalfield for 38 yards and the 1 pass we completed was with bout 3 minutes to go on 4th down and QB just heaved it and the receiver make a heck of a catch and scored the TD to win it. 

Guest Fall101
33 minutes ago, GoWarriors said:

And that includes a 21-0 win over the #1 seed from R1. We hope we peeked late but who knows. Look forward to coming to the Reservation!!

That 21-0 win over R1 seems pretty impressive to me. You will love a game at the Reservation. Holler at us when y’all get there and maybe we can chat before or at halftime. I am not sure if Crow or Kaz will be around. I know for sure I’ll be there pretty early. 

56 minutes ago, Spike16 said:

That 21-0 win over R1 seems pretty impressive to me. You will love a game at the Reservation. Holler at us when y’all get there and maybe we can chat before or at halftime. I am not sure if Crow or Kaz will be around. I know for sure I’ll be there pretty early. 

That's a plan sir. Ill holler at you before the game starts.