Rhea Co @ OR

SweetScience

36 minutes ago, Eagle4life55 said:

I’ll be amazed if you’re “outmanned” by us upfront. Our biggest lineman is not 6ft tall. Our best lineman was our center that got hurt early in the year and what would have been our 2nd and 3rd best linemen are starting tackles at Soddy and Meigs. I did think the offense looked better last week with the split backs but the only win for us this week is a meal at Big Ed’s, which I am fired up about. 

Then be ready to be amazed. I've seen your line on the internet and OR doesn't have a lineman who can start for your team. You'll see what I mean in a couple of days. You'll whip OR up front most of the night. If the OR speed doesn't make a huge difference for OR, then Rhea County wins this one. Our linemen work hard and give a good effort, but aren't the level of Rhea County. You're so used to seeing good linemen, that your opinion of your own line is a little suspect.  Once again, you'll see what I mean in a couple of days. Oh yea...if it rains much, then Rhea County wins big because then our speed advantage won't be as substantial.

1 hour ago, catswild said:

Then be ready to be amazed. I've seen your line on the internet and OR doesn't have a lineman who can start for your team. You'll see what I mean in a couple of days. You'll whip OR up front most of the night. If the OR speed doesn't make a huge difference for OR, then Rhea County wins this one. Our linemen work hard and give a good effort, but aren't the level of Rhea County. You're so used to seeing good linemen, that your opinion of your own line is a little suspect.  Once again, you'll see what I mean in a couple of days. Oh yea...if it rains much, then Rhea County wins big because then our speed advantage won't be as substantial.

I sure hope you’re right. I knew we were going to be down this year but never expected to end up with only 4 wins going into the playoffs. Especially after we picked up Brainerd. We’ve just lost a ton of talented players to other schools the last few years and it’s showing. When you’re trying to compete at this level and you have 6 kids starting at 1 school (that’s undefeated in 2A), one for the team that won our region, and one for one of the big private schools in Chattanooga, it hurts. And those are just the ones I know about. 

I was kind of hoping that Oak Ridge would be over looking us.  You know 4-5, and all.  Sounds like the fans have us pegged, and know what we're going to bring.  Hope that the Eagles win against OR.  Hope Clinton upsets Soddy!  Let's Go Men!!!  Skin them Cats!

1 hour ago, ADS1 said:

I was kind of hoping that Oak Ridge would be over looking us.  You know 4-5, and all.  Sounds like the fans have us pegged, and know what we're going to bring.  Hope that the Eagles win against OR.  Hope Clinton upsets Soddy!  Let's Go Men!!!  Skin them Cats!

GOOD LUCK TO MY OLD BUDDIES OF RHEA COUNTY! :thumb:

#LOP 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, bonkers said:

I’m guilty of this myself and we all know it’s true. Fans like us all complain about the same things :

1- Play calling

2- Not blitzing enough

3- Not passing enough 

That being said, I don’t love Gaddis because I don’t know him, and I disagree with lots of things every game (he’s the head coach and responsible for everything), but I’ll take a guy who has a 78.5% winning % the last six years, an 83.2% winning % his first time here, and a 81.6% winning % overall ! BUT Coach Gaddis, if you read this, get the da$& play in quicker, call better plays at the right time, put more pressure on the QB, and throw the ball every now and then, and put some money into some epinephrine!!!!!!!

I know how fans can be but what gets me is not changing something when you know it wont work.Im not the smartest and I could see all yr that Oak Ridge needed to change things on offense to beat good teams.I know when your 9-1,10-0 or 8-2 almost every yr its hard to change what seems to be working.But you have to be able to adjust thru the year and get better.Last yrs coaching job was the best Ive ever seen out of  a Gaddis coached team.They improved so so much and made changes that helped QB get rid of ball faster and other things that helped so much.But it took getting killed by Ads and looking awful the next week to make changes.Most yrs we go along winning big over most schools having a few close games.So like this yr you don't make the changes needed.I understand the oline isn't good and that really makes it hard on any kind of offense but like last yr there are ways to help.I would rather slip up and lose a game or win by 20 instead of 40 and get better every week.We know we don't have a good Oline so why would we think we can go to Cookeville with no passing game.With a bad oline why do keep running plays that take so long to develop?Why do we bunch all our WRs and RBs and let the d stack the box when we know we cant block them?Why did we have the best WR I will probably ever watch in my lifetime and not throw him the ball 12-15 times?Im not saying the coaches should run what I want but do anything besides what u know wont work vs great teams.Im 100% behind the coaches and know we are so close to Cookeville every yr if we just put it all together.GO CATS.

4 hours ago, Eagle4life55 said:

I sure hope you’re right. I knew we were going to be down this year but never expected to end up with only 4 wins going into the playoffs. Especially after we picked up Brainerd. We’ve just lost a ton of talented players to other schools the last few years and it’s showing. When you’re trying to compete at this level and you have 6 kids starting at 1 school (that’s undefeated in 2A), one for the team that won our region, and one for one of the big private schools in Chattanooga, it hurts. And those are just the ones I know about. 

Why did these players go to other schools? 

2 hours ago, WildcatRealist said:

Correct, ONE. But he's legendary...

I just think of him as our coach and not a legend, but you've made me rethink my position. Actually, you may be right, bladerunner. The guy is only one of two active coaches in Tennessee to win 300 games, he recently entered the Hall of Fame, he has won more games than coach in Oak Ridge history, he has a winning percentage over 80% at Oak Ridge, and he won the last state championship that's been won at Oak Ridge, something the three coaches who followed him didn't do. So after you brought it to my attention, I agree with you, he's legendary...

• Like 2

Hi all. not sure if it's been mentioned yet. A clip from the end of a Rhea County game (not sure which one TBH) was shared on the "Coaches Corner" (Oak Ridge call in show). In it---the play by play announcer is commenting that Rhea County will be travelling to Oak Ridge in the first round. He went on to proclaim that, "[Rhea County] has owned Oak Ridge the last several years....even defeating them when they [Oak Ridge] had Tee Higgins."---etc....   etc... 

Slight problem. Oak Ridge and Rhea County have only played one time in the last decade or two. They have played a total of 9 times ever. Oak Ridge won 8 and Rhea County won 1. That one Rhea County win (over Oak Ridge) came in the 2014 quarterfinals by a 35-21 score. That Rhea County team went 13-1. I am not sure if the radio announcer was confusing Oak Ridge with someone else---or if he was an idiot simply making up something. 

As for the fans thing---when Rhea County travelled to Oak Ridge back in 2014---they brought a huge crowd. Now literally---there were more Oak Ridge fans---but not by much. It wasn't the biggest crowd ever there---but it was very big. Rhea County fans really love their teams. They follow them incredibly well and that is something Rhea County should take pride in! As for biggest crowd ever---that would be Dobyns Bennett in 2004. There were nearly 10,000 people there to watch that game---and it was close to 50/50 (same as Rhea County). This was a 3rd round rematch between the 11-1 Wildcats and the 12-0 Indians. DB had won the regular season contest and had some excellent momentum coming into that game. The final score was either 24-14 or 28-14 in favor of the Wildcats. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JNewman said:

Hi all. not sure if it's been mentioned yet. A clip from the end of a Rhea County game (not sure which one TBH) was shared on the "Coaches Corner" (Oak Ridge call in show). In it---the play by play announcer is commenting that Rhea County will be travelling to Oak Ridge in the first round. He went on to proclaim that, "[Rhea County] has owned Oak Ridge the last several years....even defeating them when they [Oak Ridge] had Tee Higgins."---etc....   etc... 

Slight problem. Oak Ridge and Rhea County have only played one time in the last decade or two. They have played a total of 9 times ever. Oak Ridge won 8 and Rhea County won 1. That one Rhea County win (over Oak Ridge) came in the 2014 quarterfinals by a 35-21 score. That Rhea County team went 13-1. I am not sure if the radio announcer was confusing Oak Ridge with someone else---or if he was an idiot simply making up something. 

As for the fans thing---when Rhea County travelled to Oak Ridge back in 2014---they brought a huge crowd. Now literally---there were more Oak Ridge fans---but not by much. It wasn't the biggest crowd ever there---but it was very big. Rhea County fans really love their teams. They follow them incredibly well and that is something Rhea County should take pride in! As for biggest crowd ever---that would be Dobyns Bennett in 2004. There were nearly 10,000 people there to watch that game---and it was close to 50/50 (same as Rhea County). This was a 3rd round rematch between the 11-1 Wildcats and the 12-0 Indians. DB had won the regular season contest and had some excellent momentum coming into that game. The final score was either 24-14 or 28-14 in favor of the Wildcats. 

Whaaaaaaaaaaat? I was out of town and didn't watch the show...how can I hear what their announcer said? I do remember the Rhea County crowd and it was early and huge. I also recall the DB game that you're talking about...tremendous!

11 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

I know how fans can be but what gets me is not changing something when you know it wont work.Im not the smartest and I could see all yr that Oak Ridge needed to change things on offense to beat good teams.I know when your 9-1,10-0 or 8-2 almost every yr its hard to change what seems to be working.But you have to be able to adjust thru the year and get better.Last yrs coaching job was the best Ive ever seen out of  a Gaddis coached team.They improved so so much and made changes that helped QB get rid of ball faster and other things that helped so much.But it took getting killed by Ads and looking awful the next week to make changes.Most yrs we go along winning big over most schools having a few close games.So like this yr you don't make the changes needed.I understand the oline isn't good and that really makes it hard on any kind of offense but like last yr there are ways to help.I would rather slip up and lose a game or win by 20 instead of 40 and get better every week.We know we don't have a good Oline so why would we think we can go to Cookeville with no passing game.With a bad oline why do keep running plays that take so long to develop?Why do we bunch all our WRs and RBs and let the d stack the box when we know we cant block them?Why did we have the best WR I will probably ever watch in my lifetime and not throw him the ball 12-15 times?Im not saying the coaches should run what I want but do anything besides what u know wont work vs great teams.Im 100% behind the coaches and know we are so close to Cookeville every yr if we just put it all together.GO CATS.

That was a long and rambling post...and I think I agree with you, but I'm not quite sure! LOL

Yeah I was there last night, the announcer make all sorts of wild claims like Rhea had won more play-off games at "The Ship" than Oak Ridge. That they had more fans there, they had a bunch maybe more than OR. And they came early about 5:00, and they were LOUD! They are great fans! Gotta give them that. But mostly it was all "bulletin board" stuff. He rambled for a while and then went away. 

The Cats need to come out early and make a statement and put this game out of reach. Crazy "wicked wing T or triple option. 

WILDCAT PRIDE

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL