Rhea Co @ OR

SweetScience

If Eagles keep their heads about themselves, and do not pick up any "dumb" penalties, if the Eagles play like they are capable of, with no turnovers, and if the Eagles can stay somewhat healthy (had the injury bug in a big way this year) for the whole game... anything is possible.  With all of those ifs, I have a hard time picking my hometown birds, but I will...

Rhea County  - 24

Oak Ridge       - 21 

In a thriller!!! 

1 hour ago, WildcatRealist said:

Coach Gaddis has led the Wildcats to a 5-5 playoff record since his return to Oak Ridge the past 5 seasons. And in 4 of those 5 seasons, Oak Ridge had the incomparable Tee Higgins. 

I'm glad you brought up the playoffs because Coach Gaddis has led OR to more playoff victories than any coach in OR history. I've noticed something that everyone else has surely noticed - everyone else is on here talking about the game and you're only goal is to be negative about the coach. You have no life and I pity you. I hope you'll get a life so your misery can end but in the meantime   RWR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/29/2018 at 5:36 PM, Rhea Co. said:

I’m looking forward to coming back to Blankenship and eating at Big Ed’s or Dean’s. My eagles have had a down year for sure. We have been plagued with injuries, but after what I seen this past Friday we are getting healthy. We played well against a solid Cane Ridge team. Cane Ridge wasn’t as good as last year’s team no but still a very good football team. We did make some changes on our bye week that seemed to work pretty well against Cane Ridge. The biggest key for Rhea coming into this game is not to turn over the ball. When we do it kills us and has cost us the ball game a few times. We also have to have better play in the second half. We have lost some games by not finishing. We have to play a full game if we are going to have any chance of winning. 

I’m cautiously optimistic for Rhea, I think both teams match up well on both sides of the ball, but I believe OR has the speed advantage with Graham, Booker, Romano, and Pendergrass. I do think Rhea has the better kicking game from what I have watched. 

I don’t expect for us to bring as big of a crowd as last time, but we should represent pretty well. That 2014 team and the run we went on was something very special. 

Its a house divided this week for me. Good luck Oak Ridge. GO EAGLES! 

Spot on evaluation RheaCo ....As bad as turnovers and penalties have plagued this team it's their second half play that has killed them all year. Big leads against Bradley and Soddy vanished in the second halves of both those games. It's gonna take 4 quarters of solid play to have a shot against the wildcats. 

GO EAGLES!!!

1 minute ago, RCfan said:

Spot on evaluation RheaCo ....As bad as turnovers and penalties have plagued this team it's their second half play that has killed them all year. Big leads against Bradley and Soddy vanished in the second halves of both those games. It's gonna take 4 quarters of solid play to have a shot against the wildcats. 

GO EAGLES!!!

OR has been just the opposite. Our second halves have been the ONLY times the offense and defense have played good at the same time. The offense has been slow to start while the defense is usually on track throughout the game.

Roll  WILDCATS ROLL!!!!!!!

• Like 1