Class 5-A. Region 5 vs Region 6

GWAVE1

Guest Motorcity1
4 hours ago, PancakePatriot423 said:

Interesting night of football for this region. All things considered all the games played out about expected.

Looks like Hillsboro has a pretty darn good team based on that score, but Lincoln County is dealing with a lot right now.  

Shelbyville has a great team this year, and now some great coach’s maximizing those kids with a good system. 

This one will be a fun game.

Proud of the Patriots and how they showed up and took care of business last night. They are focused and ready to try and make a run. Playing lights out in all phases of the game right now. 

Beech this year didn’t look like the typical program they are, but they’ve turned it on lately, and consistently perform well in the playoffs. They’ll be ready to give the Patriots a good game. 

Really looking forward to that one. 

I was at the Hillsboro game and had an associate at Shelbyville vs Gallatin game. Hillsboro showed tremendous respect for Lincoln County under the circumstance. Hillsboro team group hugged the whole Lincoln County team at the beginning of the game with a consolidated team prayer, and gave their head coach a game ball with well wishes and signatures. Hillsboro never had their full starting offense and defense on the field. Although the score was lopsided Lincoln County handled themselves well showing tremendous character and fight given the circumstance. Much respect to both teams. That Lincoln County program has a bright future!

Hearing from the Shelbyville vs Gallatin game, this round 2 will be a special contest, clash of the Titans style match up. If this game doesn't draw a lot of attention then I'm done with TN sports. Both these teams are evenly matched and anyone that follows 5A football (unlike TN sports) will be well served by attending this game!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, Short did not have talent! You were the program in Middle Tn, kids were coming there from all over, athletes out the ying yang. Could probably list 50 off top of my head! And yes they were well coached!

sounds like yall need to hire "tater tot" ridings and arias as they have all the answers on the radio!

Other option is to contact couple QB Clubs to your north, they can give tips on how "ouster (stab) coaches in the back!

Go Jackets!

2 hours ago, jimb1972 said:

Seriously, Short did not have talent! You were the program in Middle Tn, kids were coming there from all over, athletes out the ying yang. Could probably list 50 off top of my head! And yes they were well coached!

sounds like yall need to hire "tater tot" ridings and arias as they have all the answers on the radio!

Other option is to contact couple QB Clubs to your north, they can give tips on how "ouster (stab) coaches in the back!

Go Jackets!

Haha....name 2 or 3 kids that came to Gallatin that were not homegrown during the Short years.  I can name several who left during that time as well.  

We’ll leave the radio guys alone for now Lol!!

1 hour ago, jimb1972 said:

NOT saying 50 moved in, saying I could easily name 50 great athletes. They were the school in Sumner co and kids did come in. The sucess of Beech is a major driver in this. Try to get Perry, he was looking to get out last year. Back the truck up and go get Crabtree!

GO JACKETS!

Crabtree interviewed last time.  Not sure I want Perry.