Class 5-A. Region 5 vs Region 6

GWAVE1

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Motorcity1
1 hour ago, tandem said:

Beech is one and done if they play like they did against Hillwood. 

I hear ya, but I'm thinking Page may be in for a bigger contest then they think. No one is giving Hillwood QB and receivers the credit they deserve. However, my biggest interest in all these match ups is the Green Wave vs Shelbyville, can they win a big game on the road?

Edited by Motorcity1

Guest Motorcity1
6 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

Hillsboro vs Lincoln Co

Beech vs Summit

Shelbyville vs Gallatin

Page vs Hillwood

Interesting matchups or easy winners?  

Hillsboro (looks like they have all starts back, too big, too strong, too fast, too deep, all away games this year, doesn't matter where they play they are tough)

Beech (if they are healthy, at Shackle Island, grinding Beech ball wins)

Shelbyville (They can do it all, good O and D front with a good QB and play makers, at home. Gallitan can match up but concerned they haven't won a big game on the road)

Page (at home, good ground game which Hillwood struggles with, but Page can't sleep on that Hillwood offense)

2 hours ago, Motorcity1 said:

I hear ya, but I'm thinking Page may be in for a bigger contest then they think. No one is giving Hillwood QB and receivers the credit they deserve. However, my biggest interest in all these match ups is the Green Wave vs Shelbyville, can they win a big game on the road?

Having already scrimmaged them in the preseason it could hold a few keys but the QB and skill people from Shelbyville present a bunch of problems.  

1 hour ago, Motorcity1 said:

Hillsboro (looks like they have all starts back, too big, too strong, too fast, too deep, all away games this year, doesn't matter where they play they are tough)

Beech (if they are healthy, at Shackle Island, grinding Beech ball wins)

Shelbyville (They can do it all, good O and D front with a good QB and play makers, at home. Gallitan can match up but concerned they haven't won a big game on the road)

Page (at home, good ground game which Hillwood struggles with, but Page can't sleep on that Hillwood offense)

Hillsboro looks like the biggest sure thing.  If Hillwood is not respected then they could present a problem but I would have to vote for Page to dodge the upset.  Beech is tough in the playoffs especially at home.  

6 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

Hillsboro looks like the biggest sure thing.  If Hillwood is not respected then they could present a problem but I would have to vote for Page to dodge the upset.  Beech is tough in the playoffs especially at home.  

Hillsboro very talented team that should have no problem with Lincoln, very bad matchup for Lincoln.. they are still a year or two away from being a solid program that can compete past the first round.