Westmoreland Travels To Polk County!

GBO52

Westy travels 3 hours and 45 minutes Friday to Polk Co. I believe, from what I've seen, we match up well with Polk. If our boys come out ready to play and play to their ability I think we win by 2 TD's!!! But hey I may be a little biased!  What's everyone else think?

18 minutes ago, GBO52 said:

Westy travels 3 hours and 45 minutes Friday to Polk Co. I believe, from what I've seen, we match up well with Polk. If our boys come out ready to play and play to their ability I think we win by 2 TD's!!! But hey I may be a little biased!  What's everyone else think?

It should be a good game. Pretty place to watch a game and make sure and check out The Wildcat Cafe. They have some good eats. 

17 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

It should be a good game. Pretty place to watch a game and make sure and check out The Wildcat Cafe. They have some good eats. 

You are the second person that has mentioned that... Going to have to check it out while we are down there!

3 hours ago, GBO52 said:

Should be one of the better 1ST round games. If Polk comes to play, it won't be more than 7 points that separates the teams!!

Can Polk throw? Eagles secondary very susceptible! Maybe GBO can coachem up, I bet he been watching alot of film!  Again, what about Polk speed, and will they have everyone back for this one? Eagles couldn't muster a first down against us! Has o-line improved, we dominated those guys!

GO JACKETS!

15 minutes ago, jimb1972 said:

Can Polk throw? Eagles secondary very susceptible! Maybe GBO can coachem up, I bet he been watching alot of film!  Again, what about Polk speed, and will they have everyone back for this one? Eagles couldn't muster a first down against us! Has o-line improved, we dominated those guys!

GO JACKETS!

Polk doesn't throw much, when they do its something tricky, they are not fast, if sloan gets in the open, Polk doesn't have a guy that can run him down.

28 minutes ago, jimb1972 said:

GO JACKETS!

You are correct... our secondary struggles against the pass..... but I'm not sure I would be much help for them lol! I believe our coaching staff is coaching them the way they need to be but the coaches can't play for em, you know that! 

15 minutes ago, JacketNationFan1 said:

Polk doesn't throw much, when they do its something tricky, they are not fast, if sloan gets in the open, Polk doesn't have a guy that can run him down.

Sloan has been the guy all year, Leduc has really stepped up the past couple weeks as well! I think our boys have played to their potential as a team one time this year and that was Clarksville Academy! If they come out with that same fire this week I believe we can leave with a W!

24 minutes ago, GBO52 said:

You are correct... our secondary struggles against the pass..... but I'm not sure I would be much help for them lol! I believe our coaching staff is coaching them the way they need to be but the coaches can't play for em, you know that! 

Sloan has been the guy all year, Leduc has really stepped up the past couple weeks as well! I think our boys have played to their potential as a team one time this year and that was Clarksville Academy! If they come out with that same fire this week I believe we can leave with a W!

Rooting for Coach Gregory and the Eagels, KG is a great guy and is on his way to being a great coach, when you break your leg in a quarterfinal game and refuse to leave the field, takes guts for sure, maybe one day we can get him back in purple and gold:thumb:

50 minutes ago, JacketNationFan1 said:

Rooting for Coach Gregory and the Eagels, KG is a great guy and is on his way to being a great coach, when you break your leg in a quarterfinal game and refuse to leave the field, takes guts for sure, maybe one day we can get him back in purple and gold:thumb:

Heard nothing but good about him! Hopefully we keep him in the red!