The Disgusting State of Knoxville West High Football

WestHighReb07

Had West not poached that boy from Halls that is at Georgia Tech now, this thread wouldn't even exist. Let's quit acting like West was the 85 Bears. They had a stout two years in 2010 and 2011 after that the recruiting was the reason for their success. They hid their recruits with the IB program. Everybody knows that. That's what West fans really want is a head coach who recruits. Last time I checked its prohibited by the TSSAA to recruit in a school zone like Knox County. West High football is right where it belongs 5-5 at best and proud owners of an annual first round playoff exit. I want what some of yall are smoking to be thinking West is a sleeping giant. Yall can call me a troll but K Lane isn't Bill Belichick like you all think he is. Lamar Brown is a fine coach and his resume speaks for itself. Don't run his name through the mud just because some of you all are having delusions of grandeur about West High Football. 

5 hours ago, matchesmalone2 said:

Had West not poached that boy from Halls that is at Georgia Tech now, this thread wouldn't even exist. Let's quit acting like West was the 85 Bears. They had a stout two years in 2010 and 2011 after that the recruiting was the reason for their success. They hid their recruits with the IB program. Everybody knows that. That's what West fans really want is a head coach who recruits. Last time I checked its prohibited by the TSSAA to recruit in a school zone like Knox County. West High football is right where it belongs 5-5 at best and proud owners of an annual first round playoff exit. I want what some of yall are smoking to be thinking West is a sleeping giant. Yall can call me a troll but K Lane isn't Bill Belichick like you all think he is. Lamar Brown is a fine coach and his resume speaks for itself. Don't run his name through the mud just because some of you all are having delusions of grandeur about West High Football. 

Don't blame the West High dreamers mm, they are a bunch after your own heart. Have you read some of thr crazy stuff on here about BHS and the former Maryville football players as HC/AC that you spew. You and the West High bunch are as lost as a ball in high weeds. I guess it takes one to know one.

10 hours ago, WestHighReb07 said:

This post was extremely hard to follow, but I'll elaborate on it. Your post sounds like a jealous Bearden fan/alum as you attack both West and Farragut personally. You clearly didn't go to West because their academics have always been legitimate even before the move to an IB school. Your post is insulting and even has a racial undertone to it (rich white kids?). It is an attack on all the communities and families who have fed into a good school for a few years now regardless of their affluent or color background. I am one of those Marble City kids and am proud to say that some of my best friends came from Westmoreland estates and Sequoyah Hills. Please keep your insensitive and jealous comments to yourself, it will make you sound less ignorant and uneducated than your post already did.

You are in outer space with mm. Your denial of West high history and what it took to save the school will always keep you fustrated and wanting something you can't have. I guess l will have to admit that Coach Cummings is smarter than you, he got out and moved on. Lied about his loyalty to Old West High but also got a paycheck. You are just stuck in MC wishing for something you can't have or have any control over. It's Knox County Politics(run by the wealthy of SQ, NRH, LV, LB, SNS, etc that made the problems and unattainable expectations for all you NEW WEST HIGH people. Should have forgot about Doc/Sarah Simpson political influence and just old West have become a federal/charter/magnet school. Would have keep alot of people from future problems and fustrations.

I love these threads where all the dirty laundry gets exposed. I personally hate seeing West go backwards after having such great teams a few years ago. The year West won the state we (Maryville) won against them and the following Monday went back to play a freshman and JV game on a Monday Night. The rain from the game the past Friday completely washed the lines off the field which made it no better than playing out in a cow pasture. They also let someone with no knowledge what so ever run the clock that had no understanding of the game and let time go off even during extra points and half the time you would have thought it was a mercy rule game. I left there that evening totally convinced Cummings was a total joke and what has happened at Cleveland is a mirror image of what I seen that Monday Night when West High School didn't have their S### together and that falls on the man at the top.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, WestHighReb07 said:

"sour grapes" over what? My post was stating that West has fallen off (numbers don't lie) and the admins made a choice to replace one coach with a new one and not much has changed. Offensively you can blame a new Quarterback or a young offensive line this past year, but what about the last three?

The fact is that West went 4-7 and barely got into the playoffs? If it wasn't for Powell playing an ineligible player and having to forfeit their region wins and a choke job by Clinton, West would not have even made the playoffs this past season. 

If West finishes 4-6 next year and misses the playoffs then what will the excuse be? 

The reason ,(not excuse), will be that West is just not that good of a football team or football program. You need to run for school board or make a presentation/speech to Knox County School Board. I think that will get you straightened out.

• 1 year later...
On 11/7/2018 at 10:25 AM, Fballlife said:

This is actually completely false. This is an excuse that was given to you.  He was signed off by superintendent and downtown bc years of service. If you were told that you were lied too.   But doesn’t matter from what I hear he will be now certified by end of year. West knew that. Too much politics over there and people puffin it chests out.  All it has done is hurt the kids.  

I agree he is doing extremely well at Catholic as he has done  everywhere he has been. West lost a good one. 

I didn't want anyone to miss the last time you posted about West was 2 years ago.  Obviously don't know how you are, but I question your motives.

On 11/9/2018 at 12:27 AM, BigTime1950 said:

The reason ,(not excuse), will be that West is just not that good of a football team or football program. You need to run for school board or make a presentation/speech to Knox County School Board. I think that will get you straightened out.

They aren’t as bad as you made them out to be here...