Whitehaven vs Germantown

MJGOLDENBEARS

4 hours ago, BlackHavenSenator said:

#15 should check the Baker boy since he's not playing QB. Between #15, #6 and #22 hopefully the DBs make the plays we need them to make... ALSO, the D Linemen need to bow up and use their hands AND Rush the passer, smartly OR just play your best athletes (#9, #14, #5) on both sides of the ball, especially during the passing downs on Defense and have them whoop them opposing O Linemen. A good 4 man pass rush is what's needed to defeat the Devils.

I agree, 15 should stick to dB or switch him in  at qb as a read option threat to throw GTown defense off a lil bit. Germantowns big plays came from the passing game, they ran well but I think if we shut down the pass their run game alone won’t be enough to beat us. Tbh they don’t use their tightend enough. It all depends on which Whitehaven team shows up, I love how we were able to overcome adversity against Houston. That’s the key recipe to winning from this point on. If we don’t beat our selves, Germantown can’t beat us!

19 minutes ago, dannyq said:

Yes Sir we beat ourselves.. You was there.

Lol. Yes. I was there. I saw that tight end slip out untouched on fourth and five for a long TD. I saw BAker dunk on your d backs. I saw your fumbles too but that is part of the game. Not taking anything away like I said but at what point do you give Germantown credit for two wins in a row over the Haven with the Region title on the line? 

4 hours ago, reddyrebel6 said:

So you beat yourself by 17 the first game? Gotcha. 

Yep we did, I think anybody could’ve beat us the way we played on the field and the way we fell apart on the sidelines. Germantowns a great team, you play how we played the first game you have no shot at beating them. If we protect the ball and not lose fumble 3 times in the first half, have more 50 yards rushing, and eliminate foolish penalties it’s no way they can beat us. So yep again we beat ourselves even tho Baker straight mossed on us and that beast of a TE caught us slipping on a play action TD. Central showed the blueprint; you gotta be a able to run on that D to beat Germantown. We know we can pass but the key is establishing some type of run. 

I’m sure I’d like you guys if we met in person. But you just can’t admit the last two times these teams met with a lot on the line Germantown was the better team. It may be different this time and if that’s the case I’d admit it. Based on what I’ve seen the last two times they have played Whitehaven has a lot of talent but is mistake prone and undisciplined. It’s not just a one time thing. They can get by with that against lesser talented and poorly coached teams. I think we can agree on that much. 

1 hour ago, reddyrebel6 said:

I’m sure I’d like you guys if we met in person. But you just can’t admit the last two times these teams met with a lot on the line Germantown was the better team. It may be different this time and if that’s the case I’d admit it. Based on what I’ve seen the last two times they have played Whitehaven has a lot of talent but is mistake prone and undisciplined. It’s not just a one time thing. They can get by with that against lesser talented and poorly coached teams. I think we can agree on that much. 

You have every right to feel that way about it. I feel it will be different this time. We win playing together and not turning the ball over. Can't spot you all points. 

2 hours ago, reddyrebel6 said:

I agree we played undisciplined and made wayyy too many mistakes against you guys. That’s basically what I was saying; if we don’t make those mistakes and play more disciplined it’s a whole different game. We played our worst game of the season against Germantown. You’re right, it’s no way we can get by playing like that against y’all.