Stratford @ Covington

bigmac45

14 hours ago, wolfchase said:

Not so fast my friend..

You not gonna beat Covington allowing starting field position at or near midfield

You not gonna beat Covington going for it on 4 down(whether it be 4th & 1 or 4th & 5) on your own end of the field, it will be a running clock early if so

You're not gonna beat Covington punting the football back to the LOS

You're not gonna beat Covington snapping the ball over QB/RB's head and losing yardage(negative plays)

You not gonna beat Covington losing turnovers(fumbles, interceptions)

Covington is way better than Fairview(take a look, tell me your take), Covington would beat imo Fairview like 56-14 or 56-0, something like that. With that being said Fairview was in the game and could of with a few busted plays beaten Stratford, despite the talent, size & speed disparity they(Stratford didn't run away with it or ever really put em away). Punts for negative yardage, snaps overhead for 20-30 yard loses, 4 for 4 at least (100%) on 4th down attempts, that's a rarity, kicking extra points when actually going for two was the logical thing to do, giving up starting field position at mid field etc.. And tell me, was most of Fairview's defense and 4 RB's/QB all less than say 155-165 pounds. And for real, is it not true that none of FHS's backs would start on either Covington or Stratfords team, is that not accurate?

I think Stratford is content, they look happy with what they've accomplished by beating PC. They didn't look too inspired verse FHS. Did you guys agree?

As with Covington, I don't think they were thinking they'd beat PC again this year after getting em last yr, however when they, coach's, players, fans and all heard PC had gotten upset their eyes and spirit were delighted. Their road to Cookville just got paved was the overwhelming thoughts

Google search Covington vs Melrose 2 Nov 2018 youtube, they're playing a similar team (Melrose) to Stratford thou not as overall talented as SHS. Watch that game and see what ya think

Hard to win Playoff games when you gotta overcome all the obstacles

Hard to win any game when you allow yor opponent to start possessions at mid field or better all night and you yourself have to consistently go 80 plus

That is a very bold statement. I'd agree that Covington is better but not 56-0 better. Fairview has a solid defense. Coach King is a good guy and a smart coach. Highly doubt he gives up 56pts

9 minutes ago, 00Chargers said:

The weather is saying 100% chance of steady rain at game time. I think this plays into Stratford’s favor due to the size up front and downhill running by the big back. 

Curious to hear what Wolfchase thinks about that. Sounds like according to him Covington has it well covered and may run the clock on the Spartans anyway. Surely a little preciptation won't make much of a difference. :bored:

I guarantee you Stratford is doing the rain dance. 

Swarm, show me you got some intelligence. I don't care if you're the New England Patriots or The Alabama Crimson Tide 1. If your team goes for it on your own end on 4th down & 1,5,4 or 3 on a regular & repeated basics early & often(and that's your best option) 2. If & when you punt the football it's a hope & a prayer it makes it back to LOS & it's a good punt if it goes for + 6-7 yards 3. You give your opponent KO field position at or near midfield and that's the norm, best case scenario> 4. Your best option on 4th down is to turn & hand the football to standing RB(no lead blocker or deception whatsoever) 5-7 yards deep BLOS or a WR screen & do this numerous times,  Just to name a few You're gonna get BEAT . You're gonna be 2-8

Another thing Swarm, I want you to run this thru your mind. How do you win? and something as simple(or seemly complicated) as this (mathematics) can easily cost you the game & loser Go Home(all you gotta do is win by 1pt)    You(your team is up by 12) and instead of thinking ahead and going for two to put your team ahead by 14, you of all teams choose to use your iffy pat kick for 1 giving your opponent a more favorable chance possible

Logify this Swarn, We can/will go for it on 4th & 5 on our own 22 in the (1st Qrt) of a 7-7 or 0-0 game but we gon kick PAT instead of going for TWO on the 2 1/2 yard line to put us up by 14 late in 4th Qtr. All that risk, Risk giving opponent ball on own 20 but can't go for 2 1/2 yards for no risk 2pts. How do you pick that W. Just wondering Swarm

8 minutes ago, wolfchase said:

Swarm, show me you got some intelligence. I don't care if you're the New England Patriots or The Alabama Crimson Tide 1. If your team goes for it on your own end on 4th down & 1,5,4 or 3 on a regular & repeated basics early & often(and that's your best option) 2. If & when you punt the football it's a hope & a prayer it makes it back to LOS & it's a good punt if it goes for + 6-7 yards 3. You give your opponent KO field position at or near midfield and that's the norm, best case scenario> 4. Your best option on 4th down is to turn & hand the football to standing RB(no lead blocker or deception whatsoever) 5-7 yards deep BLOS or a WR screen & do this numerous times,  Just to name a few You're gonna get BEAT . You're gonna be 2-8

Another thing Swarm, I want you to run this thru your mind. How do you win? and something as simple(or seemly complicated) as this (mathematics) can easily cost you the game & loser Go Home(all you gotta do is win by 1pt)    You(your team is up by 12) and instead of thinking ahead and going for two to put your team ahead by 14, you of all teams choose to use your iffy pat kick for 1 giving your opponent a more favorable chance possible

Logify this Swarn, We can/will go for it on 4th & 5 on our own 22 in the (1st Qrt) of a 7-7 or 0-0 game but we gon kick PAT instead of going for TWO on the 2 1/2 yard line to put us up by 14 late in 4th Qtr. All that risk, Risk giving opponent ball on own 20 but can't go for 2 1/2 yards for no risk 2pts. How do you pick that W. Just wondering Swarm

Lol. :lol:

Calm down now. I'm not picking the W for Stratford. I'm merely challenging your thought process. You are 100% correct that their situational play calling is highly questionable. There were many, many things I saw from Stratford last Friday night that I couldn't believe. Unnecessary risks out the wazoo. One that comes to mind was a 4th down and long duck the quarterback floated over to their sideline that our corner picked off. (Although he couldn't get his feet in bounds). And too many more to mention. I'll give you that. 

What I do think you aren't placing enough value on his just how BIG, STRONG, and ATHLETIC they are. Yes, you did concede that perhaps they are more athletic than you guys are. But I personally think you aren't really tuned in with just HOW talented they really ARE. And that's why you think Fairview looks so basic, slow, and what other deragatory adjectives you used to describe us. That's all. 

Mathematics, risk evaluation, etc. can conceivably go out the window when your opponent can physically grind your face in the mud and make you like it. I'm definitely not saying that will happen to Covington. Like I said before, I don't know enough about you to make a prediction. I have seen Stratford though and they are beastly beyond anything we've seen since another Stratford team we saw a few years ago. They arent pretty. They make lots of mistakes. They'll give you way more opportunities than they should and could very well serve you the victory on a platter. But they are very, very, dangerous and shouldn't be taken as lightly as you are taking them. Especially on a rain soaked field/hog pen that's likely going to played in a phone booth. I'd be highly concerned if I were Covington is all I'm saying. As I'm sure Coach Wheeler is. He's a great coach and will have the Chargers prepared. But it may not be enough. They didn't beat Pearl Cohn and Fairview by accident. They did it because they are meaner and tougher. 

Glad to see you clarify your intellect Swarm. Several things. It's not a case of Coach King not being a smart guy & a good coach(I concur that he is) It is however a matter of they have more Dray's & Draymond's. (95% of the time it's the Zeke's & Zoe's regardless of coaching). Reference them beating yall desite all the follies. And I am not/was not being derogatory toward yall's 150 lbers. That's just the truth is it not Swarm? yall's RB's and majority of defense are small kids, just facts , why is that derogatory? And prolly 4:9+ 40 times. It'd being wrong to say or call it anything other.

And not saying Covington wins but I am & will say if they go for it on 4th & 2, 3, 1, 4, 5 deep in their territory against Covington they won't be converting 100% and when they don't Covington will be shooting Roman Candles & lighting the sky with fireworks

I realize they are in a bad predicament with the alternative. Their punts when getting em off aren't that beneficial so I see the dilemma. Covington will try to block it as well

And does Stratford not have a kicking tee? I noticed the kid setting it up in the grass off the ground like backyard on that last kickoff. I'll buy/get em a tee if they need one

2 hours ago, 00Chargers said:

The weather is saying 100% chance of steady rain at game time. I think this plays into Stratford’s favor due to the size up front and downhill running by the big back. 

00charger you are spot on, rain is what Stratford wants. Stratford wants this game Friday cold and raining. But I give yall the Edge playing at home, and Stratford having to travel 2 and half hours. I watched Covington yall have the LB to stop Stratford running game. If y'all tackle well Covington should be ok. Y'all need 3 and outs also Stratford will try to control that clock. Covington offense is good, I think it was better last year with passing game. This year #7 just take it to house from what I seen. This should be good game, and if it wasn't raining I was coming to watch. I only sit in the rain for PC.. lol

• Like 1

wolfchase, it's all good. When you claim you'd beat us 56-0 though I had to throw the flag. That is deragatory. Lol. 

Anyhow, with Firebird chiming in and saying you have the LBs to slow Stratford's #2 down, I'll trust his judgement and predict a Covington victory for reasons he stated. That is a long bus ride to a faraway land and he's seen you guys in living color. I've only seen you guys on TV last year in Cookeville. Very impressive team btw. Good luck on your continued success.