Oak Ridge Football 2019

ORDT

24 minutes ago, CatskerS said:

Did anybody see Gaddis get those boys fired up after that fight!?!? Imagine if hudnt done that what the score would've been!

I saw it. When he did that, it lit a fire under our guys  (he went totally crazy), but our guys need to want it more than coach does. If he has to do that each week, he'll die before the season is over. A heart attack is right around the corner but it worked, so I'm all for him doing that and taking his chances! Lol

4 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

I see what is going on at Blankenship. Oak Ridge is lulling Maryville to sleep and will stage a huge comeback. The comeback may not happen tonight but sometime down the road the comeback will happen. 

Seriously, I am surprised the Wildcats sound like they are folding up. I knew Maryville would be further along than Oak Ridge.but I did  expect a battle.

Thanks again RW87 for updates.

As I've said all along, while your mindless rants of 15-0 sound good to the fans, this team will battle for third in the region. They won't beat Farragut or Mt Juliet out of the region, and will finish 5-5 or 6-4. They'll be better come playoff time and may surprise some teams.

3 hours ago, bounder said:

The field looks good and the kicking game is working good. But that's the only good thing that can be said about this awful mess. The Maryville players were all up watching the "game" and cheering their team on. Ours were just milling around talking to each other. All with their helmets in their hands. Jack Armstrong probably rolled over in his grave!

Catswild nailed it!

The Maryville players had something to cheer about. If OR had been up by 30, 40, or 50, I'll promise you Maryville's players wouldn't have been up cheering and the OR players would have been going crazy! Much ado about nothing. I'm more concerned about what happened on the field.

3 hours ago, boyfromsi said:

Yikes,

Obviously a long way to go,  I'm glad I wasn't there.  Quitting is unacceptable even if you are overmatched.  I hope that was not the case.

I didn't see OR quit, I just saw them get whipped at EVERY position. This OR team is NOT very good right now and only time will tell how good they will be. The old ball coach and his staff will get them as ready as possible by the HVA game.

3 hours ago, SweetScience said:

No, I wouldn’t say I saw any quit per se, but it was like watching Alabama play the UTC Moccasins  type ordeal. Obviously a much better coached team than OR. I took zero positives away from what I saw, but I did leave at halftime. To the Maryville fans on here, I’m genuinely sorry we didn’t provide any type of competition.

I agree with you on most points but I did see an improvement in the kicking game from last year, but up was the only way to go.

1 hour ago, STILLNUM1 said:

The Oak Ridge pass D is beyond bad.We went from one of the best in the state to the worst Ive ever seen at Oak Ridge.We have had enuff WRs for 2 teams the last 10 yrs and now cant find 1 solid guy to step up.As I feared we have nobody that is a threat to make a play on his own.Jackson is getting better every week and I do believe he will be a star but it might take most of yr to get there.Is Romono hurt again?He should be our best back if healthy. Jacob Adams still does his part.Oak Ridge never looks good in scrimmages.After last yr scrimmages I thought we was looking bad but this was a different kind of ugly.It was like the DBs didn't even try to tackle.It was good to see K.Jackson showing heart because most acted like they could care less.Before and after most acted like they could care less.The coaches need to step up as much as the players.Guess we will really know when it counts and Hardin Valley comes to the ship.

I didn't even notice Romano dressed out Is he even on the team? Worst tackling DBs I've seen OR have, and no deep threat in the receivers. Did we have any yards rushing?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bonkers said:

The Maryville players had something to cheer about. If OR had been up by 30, 40, or 50, I'll promise you Maryville's players wouldn't have been up cheering and the OR players would have been going crazy! Much ado about nothing. I'm more concerned about what happened on the field.

Amen!

If I had kids and they were loosing I dont want them to be involved or concerned.  Building bonds and friendship when you've tucked tail on the sideline is much more important.  From the past I'd say that leads to success! 

1 minute ago, CatskerS said:

Amen!

If I had kids and they were loosing I dont want them to be involved or concerned.  Building bonds and friendship when you've tucked tail on the sideline is much more important.  From the past I'd say that leads to success! 

Not sure what you mean so I don't know whether to agree or not.

Not sure what you mean so I don't know whether to agree or not.

I'm agreeing with you. If maryville had been down by 50+ points I would have expected then to be on their benches and focused on friendships/teambuilding, not up on the sidelines. Loosing makes loosers and after watching Gaddis tonight I don't want to be a looser!

Just now, CatskerS said:

I'm agreeing with you. If maryville had been down by 50+ points I would have expected then to be on their benches and focused on friendships/teambuilding, not up on the sidelines. Loosing makes loosers and after watching Gaddis tonight I don't want to be a looser!

Ok, I got what you're saying. Gaddis is a fighter and I hope his team picks that up from him because they didn't fight too hard tonight until he lost his mind.

Ok, I got what you're saying. Gaddis is a fighter and I hope his team picks that up from him because they didn't fight too hard tonight until he lost his mind.

What are some solutions you think he has in store for this team? Seemed to me like the oline excelled tonight but poor d line play.