Brentwood Academy vs Whitehaven 2019

zoneread56

9 hours ago, kwc said:

BBD1976:

It wouldn't be a WH game if the band isn't there blasting their horns and banging on their drums. Fully equipped with majorettes and flag girls. Think HBCU type of band with plenty high stepping, drum majors leaping, and some good ole R&B music selections being played. You guys will get the full experience. The band is tight and they compete regionally every year. If they get to perform their routine at halftime, you will find yourself patting your feet and bobbing your head to the beat while you hum to yourself a melody that you may recognize. Enjoyable, to say the least.

With this being the 2nd of back to back road games, I don't know what the attendance will be like. I know the band boosters will be there. The football boosters will be there. There will be plenty of parents of players there for all of the students involved from the pom-pom squad, to the cheerleaders, to the flag corp, to the players on the field. There will also be folk like me there who is an alumni who doesn't have a child on the field. I don't know how many will show up, but the WH folk will represent. It should be well attended.

What time are you heading to Nashville Friday?

On 9/9/2019 at 1:30 PM, kwc said:

Let me add this, since WH is the school EVERYBODY points to as underachievers as far as having talent. There is a HUGE difference between having players with scholarship offers to play in college, and not having players with scholarship offers and winning championships. One really has nothing to do with the other. However, in this forum, it seems that it does. 

The reason why WH seems to have so many football players get schollys then other programs in TN is simple. He's currently the BEST there is as a coach in HS football in TN at getting his players exposed to recruiters, bar none. There are others around the state that are pretty good, but none are in his class. He is the recruitment KING. No other HS program in TN puts it n the work like he does. They probably never will.

So, if getting more players opportunities to go to college on a football scholarship will get you labeled as an underachiever with talent, because your program doesn't win the state championship every year. I think I can live with that to be perfectly honest. For those who think and speak like that, it just let's me know where their frame of mind is, that's all.

Booger beggin to differ just a hare.....Fant is right up there.....thinkin per ratiotic chartin and average roster bout 35 over his 7 years....may b puttin more kids in that opportunity than anybody in our area.....now that bein said by Booger.....they may not always b big time P5 schools and they ant all pannin out for the long hall.....but for a non powerhouse program, the hallways on Vermont ave see a steady stream of college coaches and Irishmen kids r gettin the opportunity......the opportunity.....sumwhere

Booger just sayin;-)

On 9/9/2019 at 1:19 PM, baylorbigdog1976 said:

I believe BA has 81 players dressed and only 11 seniors. 

BA has 3 players being recruited by Alabama. Just assume they have offers from all the big schools. 

Offensive tackle 6’7 290 junior 

Offensive Guard 6’5 295 junior 

Running Back  Sophomore ( reminds me of Eric Gray )

—————————————-

QB I hear is heading to Naval Academy. High 49 400 M and on BA 4x100. Fast for a QB / Okay passing when receivers run into space. Some games 200 yards passing / few good runs 50/100 yards rushing games. 

Defensive End / O line 6’2 250 junior offers from Syracuse , Kentucky . More to come I think. 

Offensive Tackle 6’4 275 receiving offers from mid level schools 

Safeties  have offers but we have been hurt there.

BA is very young on D line and receivers.  Many first time starters filling roles this year. As an example on the 2017 team there were almost 30 seniors. Most years since 2015 mid 20’s. 

and we r talkin bout a school with less than 500 co-ed with always 81 plus players....Booger said co-ed.....Booger said co-ed.....not all male D2-AAA schools like the McCallies, Christian Brothers, MBA's and MUS's......and student wise could b playin D2-AA with the likes of ND, CPA, Silverdale, Boyd Buchannon etc.....so could Ensworth....

....and they win against educatin institutions 3, 4, 5 x their size.....PUBS and Privates

....Booger sure glad they like to play up and beat up on all the big huge blueblood D2-AAA schools

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

Edited by Booger
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Booger said:

and we r talkin bout a school with less than 500 co-ed with always 81 plus players....Booger said co-ed.....Booger said co-ed.....not all male D2-AAA schools like the McCallies, Christian Brothers, MBA's and MUS's......and student wise could b playin D2-AA with the likes of ND, CPA, Silverdale, Boyd Buchannon etc.....so could Ensworth....

....and they win against educatin institutions 3, 4, 5 x their size.....PUBS and Privates

....Booger sure glad they like to play up and beat up on all the big huge blueblood D2-AAA schools

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

That just goes to show the investment BA makes into it's football program. Alcoa is the closest thing I can think of in the public sector. They are 3A and feel like they don't get the respect they deserve. I can understand their frustration. It seems that BA doesn't have that problem, and rightly so.

It's an honor to be able to play against them this Friday. Especially since this has been brought to light.

Thanks Boog 

1 hour ago, kwc said:

That just goes to show the investment BA makes into it's football program. Alcoa is the closest thing I can think of in the public sector. They are 3A and feel like they don't get the respect they deserve. I can understand their frustration. It seems that BA doesn't have that problem, and rightly so.

It's an honor to be able to play against them this Friday. Especially since this has been brought to light.

Thanks Boog 

Last I checked 

There are a little over 200 boys in the entire high  school and about 55 boys that are juniors/ senior. 

Ba has always topped our around 450 -470 kids in the entire high school.  Lausanne has around 400

alcoa 660 

cpa 460

ensworh 460

oakland 2285 

knox Webb 460 

McCallie 1350

hillsboro 1200 

CBHS 1650

15 hours ago, baylorbigdog1976 said:

That's a good set of pictures. There are some big ole boys in those pictures. I'm talking human mountains! Numbers 73 & 77 in particular.

Edited by kwc

18 hours ago, kwc said:

That's a good set of pictures. There are some big ole boys in those pictures. I'm talking human mountains! Numbers 73 & 77 in particular.

https://tssaasports.com/school/?id=36&sportid=1

couple good Whitehaven teams in there if you go backs a ways and look at the state championship runs ...1996 etc 

Edited by baylorbigdog1976