Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Violet
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Nainten

AAA 182

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, PurpleWrestler said:

That's not 100% the case. Several tournaments this year have used state rankings as part of their criteria, so it does matter. All anyone is saying is, if it's going to be done, let's get it right and have the discussions where people think it might be off and stop hiding behind the "if you don't like it, do it yourself". If that were the case, we would have 1,000 different sets out there. The state needs one set, but that one set needs to be fine tuned.

Please let me know which tournaments used these state rankings for their seedlings because I would love to make sure not to go to those tournaments in future. So you would be wrong as usual as they don't matter to anyone really except some keyboard jockey like you and your other screen name OW. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

Please let me know which tournaments used these state rankings for their seedlings because I would love to make sure not to go to those tournaments in future. So you would be wrong as usual as they don't matter to anyone really except some keyboard jockey like you and your other screen name OW. 

Oh, so you are a keyboard bully I see. Calling people names, when you don't have a better argument than that. 2 of the 4 tournaments we have attended so far this year, had current state ranking as part of the criteria, so NO, I am not lying. And I could care less, so again you are wrong, I was just discussing this like an adult, and not calling anyone names.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, PurpleWrestler said:

Oh, so you are a keyboard bully I see. Calling people names, when you don't have a better argument than that. 2 of the 4 tournaments we have attended so far this year, had current state ranking as part of the criteria, so NO, I am not lying. And I could care less, so again you are wrong, I was just discussing this like an adult, and not calling anyone names.

Again please name these I would love to know! Now I know that those  here will put down the rankings of kids in the tournament itself on this board, however in all my years I have NEVER seen a ranking used for tournament seeding. Now returning state placers, head 2 head and a bunch of other criteria but never once seen state rankings used as criteria! So not a keyboard warrior or tough guy, but I will call you out as full of it because I bet you have no clue on how the tournaments were seeded at all because you weren't in the room or on the conference call when  it was done! 

Edited by cobrakid8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

Again please name these I would love to know! Now I know that those  here will put down the rankings of kids in the tournament itself on this board, however in all my years I have NEVER seen a ranking used for tournament seeding. Now returning state placers, head 2 head and a bunch of other criteria but never once seen state rankings used as criteria! So not a keyboard warrior or tough guy, but I will call you out as full of it because I bet you have no clue on how the tournaments were seeded at all because you weren't in the room or on the conference call when  it was done! 

Dude, you have called me a name, now a liar and did so to someone else on a different thread not but 20-30 mins ago. So yeah, you are a keyboard bully. But so be it. And if it were used or not, I cannot tell you, but what I do know is that I filled out the form and that was one of the questions. So since, I am the one that physically filled it out, I would know. As to calling them out, not going to happen. As for seeding, we have long figured out that it really doesn't matter to us what the boys are seeded, they will either win or they won't. But to some it does matter, and that was my point. I did not, nor did the others disrespect the person that does the rankings. We all appreciate the hard work, but that does not mean there shouldn't be discussion. And by that, I mean with out all your name calling, or lashing out. Disagreeing with me is fine, I am more than happy to "DISCUSS" things. But won't get into a name calling contest over the internet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, PurpleWrestler said:

Dude, you have called me a name, now a liar and did so to someone else on a different thread not but 20-30 mins ago. So yeah, you are a keyboard bully. But so be it. And if it were used or not, I cannot tell you, but what I do know is that I filled out the form and that was one of the questions. So since, I am the one that physically filled it out, I would know. As to calling them out, not going to happen. As for seeding, we have long figured out that it really doesn't matter to us what the boys are seeded, they will either win or they won't. But to some it does matter, and that was my point. I did not, nor did the others disrespect the person that does the rankings. We all appreciate the hard work, but that does not mean there shouldn't be discussion. And by that, I mean with out all your name calling, or lashing out. Disagreeing with me is fine, I am more than happy to "DISCUSS" things. But won't get into a name calling contest over the internet.

Hahahaha keyboard jockey is a name! And I called you and Ow the same, for two people to be so butt hurt on rankings that matter not a bit since the state tournament is the ONLy thing that matters and they won't even seed you without a prior state finish, yeah you and Ow would be keyboard jockeys! If that's a name and it hurts you feelings so be it, I would tell it to your face also, you know since those of us that did wrestle could give two craps about rankings, only ranking that mattered was at the end of my season! 

 

And please call them out, if not quit your whining, because those of us that have never seen it happen in 25 years of wrestling never want to go to a tournament that would use something as subjective and worth less than the paper it was wrote on to determine seeds! I like Hamm, but for years we lived with no rankings at all, I really wonder how we made do without those that entire time? I mean it must have really been hard to seed way back at that point. And if you don't want to call them out, I would guess by the name you would be Father Ryan and so I will just look up the schedule and see. So I guess you don't have to Call them out as it shouldnt be to hard. But pretty sure Bradley, McCallie and even upcoming Drennan tournament wouldn't come close to using Hamms rankings for seeding purposes. So again, if what I said was name calling not sure what to tell you, but again I would like to speak to the two tournaments that you wrestled in that used those as criteria for seeding!

 

and after further paying attention it states purple wrestler, which wouldn't most likely be father Ryan and be some smaller school.

Edited by cobrakid8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cobrakid8 said:

Hahahaha keyboard jockey is a name! And I called you and Ow the same, for two people to be so butt hurt on rankings that matter not a bit since the state tournament is the ONLy thing that matters and they won't even seed you without a prior state finish, yeah you and Ow would be keyboard jockeys! If that's a name and it hurts you feelings so be it, I would tell it to your face also, you know since those of us that did wrestle could give two craps about rankings, only ranking that mattered was at the end of my season! 

 

And please call them out, if not quit your whining, because those of us that have never seen it happen in 25 years of wrestling never want to go to a tournament that would use something as subjective and worth less than the paper it was wrote on to determine seeds! I like Hamm, but for years we lived with no rankings at all, I really wonder how we made do without those that entire time? I mean it must have really been hard to seed way back at that point. And if you don't want to call them out, I would guess by the name you would be Father Ryan and so I will just look up the schedule and see. So I guess you don't have to Call them out as it shouldnt be to hard. But pretty sure Bradley, McCallie and even upcoming Drennan tournament wouldn't come close to using Hamms rankings for seeding purposes. So again, if what I said was name calling not sure what to tell you, but again I would like to speak to the two tournaments that you wrestled in that used those as criteria for seeding!

what is wrong with you? People discussing something does not make them butt hurt as you like to say. Maybe you just have an obsession with the butt or something. I have a screen print, and was trying to post it, but Coach T does not allow for that. So believe me or not, it has happened and does happen. As for caring, I sure don't. But I do like to discuss things, like an adult and not try to be insulting to everyone that you disagree with. So if you would like to tell me how I can post a screen print on here, then I will do that.

As for discussions, if you don't like them, then just stay out of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PurpleWrestler said:

what is wrong with you? People discussing something does not make them butt hurt as you like to say. Maybe you just have an obsession with the butt or something. I have a screen print, and was trying to post it, but Coach T does not allow for that. So believe me or not, it has happened and does happen. As for caring, I sure don't. But I do like to discuss things, like an adult and not try to be insulting to everyone that you disagree with. So if you would like to tell me how I can post a screen print on here, then I will do that.

As for discussions, if you don't like them, then just stay out of them.

You with the Bros I see. Yes butthurt would be arguing over rankings and yes the obligatory if you don't like them you are WELCOME to take over because I know it's  a huge waste of Hamm's time because he has to go through all kinds of emails he receives as well as updates on track and do you know how much time that takes up? So again, if you and OW both being from out west worry so much about rankings please volunteer to either help Hamm or take over as he has wanted to retire from them for years last I heard from him(if I am wrong Hamm please let me know). Until that point yes, whining about meaningless rankings is just that, being butthurt about something! 

And back to the rankings being used, if Black Horse, Indian or Bradley used Hamms rankings for criteria on seeding shame on them! If they sent me a criteria form with that on it, you wouldn't see any team I associate with back at that tournament and if I had a chance I would pull my team out of it because that is one of the most Mickey Mouse way of doing a tournament I have ever seen(again never seen it done in 25 years).  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

You with the Bros I see. Yes butthurt would be arguing over rankings and yes the obligatory if you don't like them you are WELCOME to take over because I know it's  a huge waste of Hamm's time because he has to go through all kinds of emails he receives as well as updates on track and do you know how much time that takes up? So again, if you and OW both being from out west worry so much about rankings please volunteer to either help Hamm or take over as he has wanted to retire from them for years last I heard from him(if I am wrong Hamm please let me know). Until that point yes, whining about meaningless rankings is just that, being butthurt about something! 

And back to the rankings being used, if Black Horse, Indian or Bradley used Hamms rankings for criteria on seeding shame on them! If they sent me a criteria form with that on it, you wouldn't see any team I associate with back at that tournament and if I had a chance I would pull my team out of it because that is one of the most Mickey Mouse way of doing a tournament I have ever seen(again never seen it done in 25 years).  

 

Show me where I whined (as you like to say) about the rankings. I agreed with a point that was made. So to your point, any discussion is whining? Wow ESPN does nothing but whine then. And just about anyone that ever discusses anything. Wow life with must just be a bundle of fun   

So from now on, they will post the rankings and no one will look at them, because what’s the point right? Heck why do them at all them? 

Edited by PurpleWrestler
More to add

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree to a degree that some of you guys are taking this way too serious.

 

However I also agree that if you are going to take the time to make rankings, you should try to make them correct.  The sayings that "rankings dont matter" and "the only thing that matters is how they do at state" have become cliche and simply aren't true anymore.  Yes, performance at the end of the year is far more important, but to say rankings dont matter is completely false.  The kids get on their phones at tournaments and see what guys are ranked in their bracket, parents take pride when their son beats someone who is ranked higher than them, coaches often use them as a gauge to know when to make a bump in duals and yes they are often argued in seeding meetings.  For all those points and many others, I would say that rankings do matter- despite what older traditionalists seem to believe.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, PurpleWrestler said:

Show me where I whined (as you like to say) about the rankings. I agreed with a point that was made. So to your point, any discussion is whining? Wow ESPN does nothing but whine then. And just about anyone that ever discusses anything. Wow life with must just be a bundle of fun   

So from now on, they will post the rankings and no one will look at them, because what’s the point right? Heck why do them at all them? 

Don't know if youre O also like cobra said, but over here in this region and part of the state, it kinda gets old to see O blast Soddy being ranked cause of "legacy" or Bradley and Cleveland players being ranked so high due again cause of where and who we are. Everyone agrees to disagree about polls. As everyone also knows the only ones that matter are the last 2 tourneys of the year. Ditching kids and saying they don't belong here or there because theyre from Cleveland and don't wrestle the ranked kids in this state is just plain dumb. Everyone can assure O and everyone else that agrees with him that it isn't Bradley's, Cleveland's or anyone else's fault that any kid ranked doesn't wrestle all other ranked kids in the state to determine if they're 3rd ranked, 1st ranked material. The way that real fans looks at it is, Bradley, Cleveland, McCallie and Father Ryan holds the 4 biggest duals in the state every year. All schools are just a hip hop scotch away. Come join the action. Get your 2nd ranked kid involved. Let him beat Jones to prove his worthiness or not. I personally believe that those kids on those 4 teams doesn't have to prove to anyone about their rankings. They wrestle the most and biggest competition around. From 5th ranked kids in the country to the best kids out of state. We all will find out, like every year where kids and what kids should be ranked.

Edited by DaBears1976

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DaBears1976 said:

Don't know if youre O also like cobra said, but over here in this region and part of the state, it kinda gets old to see O blast Soddy being ranked cause of "legacy" or Bradley and Cleveland players being ranked so high due again cause of where and who we are. Everyone agrees to disagree about polls. As everyone also knows the only ones that matter are the last 2 tourneys of the year. Ditching kids and saying they don't belong here or there because theyre from Cleveland and don't wrestle the ranked kids in this state is just plain dumb. Everyone can assure O and everyone else that agrees with him that it isn't Bradley's, Cleveland's or anyone else's fault that any kid ranked doesn't wrestle all other ranked kids in the state to determine if they're 3rd ranked, 1st ranked material. The way that real fans looks at it is, Bradley, Cleveland, McCallie and Father Ryan holds the 4 biggest duals in the state every year. All schools are just a hip hop scotch away. Come join the action. Get your 2nd ranked kid involved. Let him beat Jones to prove his worthiness or not. I personally believe that those kids on those 4 teams doesn't have to prove to anyone about their rankings. They wrestle the most and biggest competition around. From 5th ranked kids in the country to the best kids out of state. We all will find out, like every year where kids and what kids should be ranked.

Clarity point. I did not agree about any particular kid or team being ranked or not ranked. I personally don’t take issue with any of the rankings. But I do like to discuss them. That is all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, PurpleWrestler said:

Clarity point. I did not agree about any particular kid or team being ranked or not ranked. I personally don’t take issue with any of the rankings. But I do like to discuss them. That is all. 

Dicuussing is always great for the sport! Even helps me dislike Cleveland more and more every year lol. Just O does not know when to give it a rest about this so called legacy junk. It's nothing legacy about it. It's just this region, 1 team or even 2 or once in a blue moon, all 3 teams are just very dominate. Jealousy only leads so far. Knock them off for several years! Then talk about what is the real reason we're always ranked and whatnot. I mean unless the prives invade div 1 and the TSSAA makes all schools combine, this region isn't going away for a very long time.

Edited by DaBears1976
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Announcements



×