East TN Class AAA Region 1 & 2 (Districts 1, 2, 3, 4)

TribalEmpire

A similar topic was created on the boys basketball forum, so I thought I would create one on the girls side as well... How does the other districts look in west Tennessee in class AAA?

I am not sure of the complete district standings on the girls side, but Dobyns-Bennett and Science Hill are the clear cut two best teams in District 1.

• Like 1

• TribalEmpire changed the title to East TN Class AAA Region 1 & 2 (Districts 1, 2, 3, 4)

District 4 standings after tonight:

1) Maryville 8-1

2) William Blount 8-1

3) Bearden 6-2

4) Farragut 6-3

5) West 5-4

6) Heritage 3-6

7) Lenoir City 2-7

8) Hardin Valley 1-7

9) Catholic 0-8

Next week's matchups

Tuesday 1/15

Lenoir City @ Farragut

Hardin Valley @ Heritage

Catholic @ Maryville

Bearden @ William Blount

Friday 1/18

Farragut @ Catholic

West @ Hardin Valley

Lenoir City @ Maryville

Heritage @ William Blount

MW is the clear cut favorite. Jeff. Co. is probably the #2 since they just beat DB over the weekend. That gives them wins over SH and DB. I think MW beat DB earlier in the year as well. Looks like District 2 is in the lead at the present moment, but who knows. I wouldn't surprise me though if DB makes a good post season run. I think they have the toughness and players to be a hard out. Science Hill is good but doesn't have the depth I thought they would have this year so that may sneak up on them if they get in foul trouble. 

1. Mo West

2. Jeff. Co.

3 DB

4. Science Hill

5. Daniel Boone

6. Mo East

7. Cherokee

8. Toss up. 

12 minutes ago, BasketballInsider37604 said:

MW is the clear cut favorite. Jeff. Co. is probably the #2 since they just beat DB over the weekend. That gives them wins over SH and DB. I think MW beat DB earlier in the year as well. Looks like District 2 is in the lead at the present moment, but who knows. I wouldn't surprise me though if DB makes a good post season run. I think they have the toughness and players to be a hard out. Science Hill is good but doesn't have the depth I thought they would have this year so that may sneak up on them if they get in foul trouble. 

1. Mo West

2. Jeff. Co.

3 DB

4. Science Hill

5. Daniel Boone

6. Mo East

7. Cherokee

8. Toss up. 

Yeah... DB lost to Morristown West by around 30.  They beat Jeff County at their place by 16 and then lost to them Saturday by 5.  

Whitson was the only scorer for DB Saturday.  I believe she had 36 of the 49 points for DB.  I am not sure what happened to the Johnson girl.  She hasn't been on the bench for the last several games.  Not sure if she has left the team, got injured, was dismissed or what?  But that was a huge loss for DB inside.

So I guess DB should fall to Science Hill on Friday. I thought she was a factor in the first matchup I thought. I still say the Region finals will be Jeff. Co. and Mo West. They have the two best teams and their coaches always get the most out of their players during the post season. Thats not saying SH and DB do not, just that Jeff Co. and Mo West seem to always play tough in the post season and with regular season wins it seems they have the advantage. I might just be the only one on this but it seems like the lack of competition will hurt some of these teams later on down the road. Its the haves and have nots. the level of play from 3-7 is no where near the top 2. I do not know about the FL tournament for DB but their schedule isn't that difficult and same for SH. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BasketballInsider37604 said:

So I guess DB should fall to Science Hill on Friday. I thought she was a factor in the first matchup I thought. I still say the Region finals will be Jeff. Co. and Mo West. They have the two best teams and their coaches always get the most out of their players during the post season. Thats not saying SH and DB do not, just that Jeff Co. and Mo West seem to always play tough in the post season and with regular season wins it seems they have the advantage. I might just be the only one on this but it seems like the lack of competition will hurt some of these teams later on down the road. Its the haves and have nots. the level of play from 3-7 is no where near the top 2. I do not know about the FL tournament for DB but their schedule isn't that difficult and same for SH. 

I agree with you.

• Like 1

Well. Tonight is basically the regular season championship. SH can gain a share or DB will win it outright. I am going to take DB in CLOSE GAME. If DB wins tonight that will be 3 in a row over SH going back to last year. DB better be ready for the press because what seemed to work well in the first meeting for SH which was about the only positive I saw in the game. Whitson had her way which I am sure she will tonight but she better have some help. SH will shoot better at home but I do not think that played into the loss at DB because they just got out muscled and lost 50/50 balls. Good luck to both teams!

• Like 1

Looks like we will have a tie at the top SH defeats DB with the use of a zone to coral Whitson. DB didn’t seem to want to take open shots and forced it to Whitson too many times and passing up open shots. SH made just enough plays to get the win. The score won’t show how close this game was but it was a one possession game until about two minutes to go and SH made a couple baskets in a row. Now let’s just fast forward for round three. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BasketballInsider37604 said:

Looks like we will have a tie at the top SH defeats DB with the use of a zone to coral Whitson. DB didn’t seem to want to take open shots and forced it to Whitson too many times and passing up open shots. SH made just enough plays to get the win. The score won’t show how close this game was but it was a one possession game until about two minutes to go and SH made a couple baskets in a row. Now let’s just fast forward for round three. 

So I am new to the Tennessee scene... Do they decide ties by a one game playoff if head to head can't determine a winner like they do in Virginia?

Also, does the regular season champ get an automatic region bid?

If they do not do a one game playoff, what decides the regular season champ?

You are correct though, DB and SH should not be challenged the rest of the way in district play.  And DB won't go far in region play unless they get Jabrea Johnson back.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SWVAHavokFan said:

So I am new to the Tennessee scene... Do they decide ties by a one game playoff if head to head can't determine a winner like they do in Virginia?

Also, does the regular season champ get an automatic region bid?

If they do not do a one game playoff, what decides the regular season champ?

You are correct though, DB and SH should not be challenged the rest of the way in district play.  And DB won't go far in region play unless they get Jabrea Johnson back.

It depends on the district.  Some have tie-breaker rules, others. like ours (District 3) draw at the beginning of the season for tie breakers.  Top 2 teams in the district get automatic region bids.