Best A/AA/AAA in West Tennessee

DCFAN1

11 hours ago, tonybologna said:

Yeah, many would put Wooddale up there as contenders but I feel like the suspension they ended up having removed might have an effect on them even though they took care of business today against Haywood.

They certainly have the talent/team to make a run for the AA state title. I left them out on purpose myself though strictly because of the suspension that was looming over the team. Maybe it won't effect them at all. We will see in the coming days ahead.

What effect might it have?

Edited by warmachine7954
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, warmachine7954 said:

What effect might it have?

I was thinking maybe the players got down for a while thinking they wouldn't have a chance at the postseason & therefore a shot at a state title. I don't know the makeup of the Wooddale players or coaches though. I think it would be a pretty hard job for a head coach to emotionally coach these kids up now after what they went through with the team suspension.

Yes, they appealed & had that suspension removed but these are teenagers. If they have a true leader on that team plus a head coach that can keep ALL of the players together then it won't have an effect. We are going to find out soon because Wooddale talent-wise certainly has the team to make a state title run. Thanks.

53 minutes ago, tonybologna said:

I was thinking maybe the players got down for a while thinking they wouldn't have a chance at the postseason & therefore a shot at a state title. I don't know the makeup of the Wooddale players or coaches though. I think it would be a pretty hard job for a head coach to emotionally coach these kids up now after what they went through with the team suspension.

Yes, they appealed & had that suspension removed but these are teenagers. If they have a true leader on that team plus a head coach that can keep ALL of the players together then it won't have an effect. We are going to find out soon because Wooddale talent-wise certainly has the team to make a state title run. Thanks.

If the ban had stayed in effect they wouldn't even have played in the district tournament.

Wooddale doesn't have anything to worry about except playing the games. No need for the kids or head coach to worry about anything. 

11 hours ago, warmachine7954 said:

If the ban had stayed in effect they wouldn't even have played in the district tournament.

Wooddale doesn't have anything to worry about except playing the games. No need for the kids or head coach to worry about anything. 

I understand what you're saying. My point was emotionally/mentally they thought they had the chance taken away for postseason play when they knew they had a great chance at making a state title run. Had nothing to do with whether they wouldn't have played in the district tournament. These are kids/teenagers & you just never know how they might handle something like they were facing.

I remember my days as a high school & college basketball player back from the 1985-1992. Mentally might be the toughest part of the game. This was a a totally different type of mental/emotional facet they were looking at for a short while facing the possible postseason ban. That could be hard to get over even though it was overturned. One minute they were thinking/looking at being a possible state title contending team & the next thing they know it's news of the team being banned from postseason play. How can that not have some type of mental/emotional effect especially on teenage kids?

Also has nothing to do with them not having the talent & I already stated that too. They have plenty of talent. My focal point was the mental/emotional part on these kids & whether they were going to handle things properly. That was all! Thanks.  

12 minutes ago, Salami said:

Wooddale is the real deal 

Say they are trouble? RE or Covington I am looking for one of them to bet Wooddale! From here on out it’s mostly up to coaching! Film is your best friend! No way Wooddale was 22 points better than Haywood, but yalls coach got out coached! 

16 minutes ago, Tez2319 said:

Say they are trouble? RE or Covington I am looking for one of them to bet Wooddale! From here on out it’s mostly up to coaching! Film is your best friend! No way Wooddale was 22 points better than Haywood, but yalls coach got out coached! 

I didn't see the game but my guess would be that Haywood tried to get into a shoot out with Wooddale. 

To beat a team like Wooddale you have to control the tempo and not turn the ball over. Trying to run with them is a big mistake. 

5 hours ago, tonybologna said:

I understand what you're saying. My point was emotionally/mentally they thought they had the chance taken away for postseason play when they knew they had a great chance at making a state title run. Had nothing to do with whether they wouldn't have played in the district tournament. These are kids/teenagers & you just never know how they might handle something like they were facing.

I remember my days as a high school & college basketball player back from the 1985-1992. Mentally might be the toughest part of the game. This was a a totally different type of mental/emotional facet they were looking at for a short while facing the possible postseason ban. That could be hard to get over even though it was overturned. One minute they were thinking/looking at being a possible state title contending team & the next thing they know it's news of the team being banned from postseason play. How can that not have some type of mental/emotional effect especially on teenage kids?

Also has nothing to do with them not having the talent & I already stated that too. They have plenty of talent. My focal point was the mental/emotional part on these kids & whether they were going to handle things properly. That was all! Thanks.  

You're not too familiar with Memphis basketball are you?

55 minutes ago, Tez2319 said:

That is true he never called time out to slow down Wooddale stayed in the zone the whole game

52 minutes ago, Tez2319 said:

Your right...they aren't 22 points better than Haywood..they are 30 points better...2-3 of their starters sat half the 3rd and the whole 4th...They were up 38 points in that game...it was brutal. Luckily, Wooddale coach called the dogs off while Haywood coach went 5 in 5 out hard fouling a few times as the coach clapped on 2 clear intentional fouls. The Boyd kid can play though and the big kid Douglass.