A8 Refs are getting worse every game

reasonable14

3 hours ago, Mw4vols said:

You are joking, arent you?  12 committed 2 different fouls, and 3 fouled on the shot, and none of those were incidental contact. No opinion, those are facts. 

Agree. I seen a foul at every contact. I can only imagine at game speed this looked 10 times worse then it does in slowmo. That ref was awful to miss those calls in front of him.

Edited by AllVolHere

1 hour ago, Mw4vols said:

Yes. It was an elbow to the head.   Either it was your team that got the call or The closest you’ve been to a basketball court is your Xbox.  

She sure recovered real quick from a flagrant elbow to the head that hardly slowed her down!  Please tell me you don’t officiate and you just hate them.  

28 minutes ago, myadvice said:

She sure recovered real quick from a flagrant elbow to the head that hardly slowed her down!  Please tell me you don’t officiate and you just hate them.  

I’ve never seen either of those teams play.  But I do know the game and the rules, and if you don’t see 3 obvious fouls in that video, you and people like you are what’s wrong with the game. 

18 hours ago, OrangeGuru said:

Pretty easy to smoke out the sensitive officials. What I'd like to hear is some of our lack luster officials trying to raise our their own quality. Besides it would not be the right thing for many folks to begin calling games until their kids are not participating in the sports. Then you will see a handful I've talked with step back into the games. Always telling someone to get a whistle and sign up might ought to be rethought since some of them have and will again but did the proper thing when their children are active participants. 

I'm no longer an Official. I stopped in the Southern League AA Baseball. But now I'm a college coach.  I sit in the stands and listen. also I make sure I know who's kid is who's. That means a lot in the recruiting of a player. as I see it, you seem to say, let someone else do the job. I just want to fuss.

and no the video wasn't good. but have you seen the video of all the calls they got right?

I have to ask one question. How many of you work a job for very little pay. get blasted most nights. And all the people who watch you work, they only want one thing.  Start out PERFECT, and GET BETTER. Remember, College coaches recruit the whole family. So wonder who will be listing tonight...

18 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Just my two cents but in the last few years I had taken on administrative duties and was the game administrator at over 30 middle school basketball games. There were several games that I worked in which the refs acknowledged that the fans cause them to think long and hard about continuing to call games. This was just in talking to them when giving them their checks before or after games. It is a real thing with a lot of refs. In that regard I did everything in my power to remove fans who could not act appropriately. Refs appreciated that. 

THANK YOU. just asking, how much was those checks?

1 hour ago, SMOOTHBLUE said:

A MS doubleheader is $75, Varsity Doubleheader is $100. It is not alot considering the time away from family and driving to and from games that could be an hour or more away from your home. I am an official and I do not do it for the money. I do it because I love the game and love trying to help kids. I was one of the people who used to always complain about refs, so I figured if I want to complain I need to pick up a whistle and learn the rules. It is alot more to it than most people think. 

8 minutes ago, ReignofPurple said:

A MS doubleheader is $75, Varsity Doubleheader is $100. It is not alot considering the time away from family and driving to and from games that could be an hour or more away from your home. I am an official and I do not do it for the money. I do it because I love the game and love trying to help kids. I was one of the people who used to always complain about refs, so I figured if I want to complain I need to pick up a whistle and learn the rules. It is alot more to it than most people think. 

I did it for 30 year,s High School, College  and Professional Baseball. Its funny now to sit in the stands and listen. most don't know the rules differ in high school. but that's not the case. I have found that I have more trouble with players from these parents. so I usually pass them by. But your so right, little money and all the grief. ITS NOT WORTH IT so their child can play a game. I would rather stay home and read

2 hours ago, SMOOTHBLUE said:

Just so you know this was in Missouri. It was $75 for 1 and $125 for 2 games at the middle school level.  When there were tournaments and more than 2 games were played it was $50 for every game over 2. However there was on 2 officials. Not 3. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

I have seen players this year hit in the face (no call), hit in the face (technical, when it should be an ejection), kneed below the belt, kicked while down, elbowed to the throat, no call on these either, among others when it appeared all three were looking that direction. Unless it's a clearly obvious foul at a crucial point in the game, most fans won't go overboard over a missed travel or such here and there. Inconsistency on hand checking and such does get tiring but It's the things that risk injury that cause the loudest uproar, when they're overlooked by refs who seem to just want to get the game over. 

Edited by Indian

6 minutes ago, Indian said:

I have seen players this year hit in the face (no call), hit in the face (technical, when it should be an ejection), kneed below the belt, kicked while down, elbowed to the throat, no call on these either, among others when it appeared all three were looking that direction. Unless it's a clearly obvious foul at a crucial point in the game, most fans won't go overboard over a missed travel or such here and there. Inconsistency on hand checking and such does get tiring but It's the things that risk injury that cause the loudest uproar, when they're overlooked by refs who seem to just want to get the game over. 

by all means please come help.. now please be aware. you will have to call the game on the floor. not in the stands where the best angle is. Again I ask, what about all the calls they get right?  and thanks for sending in your money to start officiating. your uniform will cost you 200 and fees 250. Gas is cheaper now so the 2 hour drive wont cost to much. tell your family good bye for 4 months. and please enjoy fans like you USED to be. They are priceless.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SMOOTHBLUE said:

I'm no longer an Official. I stopped in the Southern League AA Baseball. But now I'm a college coach.  I sit in the stands and listen. also I make sure I know who's kid is who's. That means a lot in the recruiting of a player. as I see it, you seem to say, let someone else do the job. I just want to fuss.

and no the video wasn't good. but have you seen the video of all the calls they got right?

I have to ask one question. How many of you work a job for very little pay. get blasted most nights. And all the people who watch you work, they only want one thing.  Start out PERFECT, and GET BETTER. Remember, College coaches recruit the whole family. So wonder who will be listing tonight...

You really should read the other post before commenting. Not going to go through the discussion on perfection in officials which has been talk about for ar least 3 years in the forum. Will however say it seems you are condensending against parents of kids who will never play college ball that just asking for better officiating.  Their kid getting fouled on a layup that determines a win or loss or end of a senior season is just as important to the stud you are there to see. I am sure you never question an officials call during your games. Also, some of the officials take a leave when their kid is playing sports so not to seem to play favorites with schools and to watch their kid. They are in the stands. Probably have a pretty darn good idea of a good or bad call and/or official.