Region 3AAA

Dadof23

On 2/3/2019 at 8:19 PM, blitzinbuc said:

I think I heard that Bradley hasn't won a gold ball since the mid 70's, before they started playing 5 on 5 full court.  Maybe a Bradley fan can confirm this.

You are correct at recent titles but the history of Bradley Central in state tournament  is pretty impressive on TSSAA site.  My main point is that it’s very difficult place to win.  I think they have lost like 4 games at home since 2010!  And 2 of those are in sectionals.   That is a huge advantage for the regional tournament host (which they will be).   

http://tssaasports.com/school/index.cfm?id=31&sportid=3

The district 5aaa tourney is at soddy according to the coach t schedule. If soddy loses the 1st game which they will, (to either ooltewah or walker valley depending on coin flip Wednesday), then where will the rest of tournament be held? Boys is the same situation except the opponent.. region tournament should be played at district tournament winner. They should be done that years ago, that should be the reward for winning district tourney besides just number 1 seed.  What's the point of winning the district tourney if u only get 1 home game? Playing for home court advantage makes the district tournament more worth playing. Also keeps teams from "thrpwing" games to get "easier" opponents in 2nd round of region. They should do it the same as football with higher seeds hosting the next game. Example, say McMinn girls get 2nd in district tourney to bradley, they get to play at home no matter the opponent unless it's Bradley or district 6 winner, tie breakers get determined based on record with  common opponents 

6 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

You are correct at recent titles but the history of Bradley Central in state tournament  is pretty impressive on TSSAA site.  My main point is that it’s very difficult place to win.  I think they have lost like 4 games at home since 2010!  And 2 of those are in sectionals.   That is a huge advantage for the regional tournament host (which they will be).   

I think theyve won 61 straight regular season home games. Only 2 home losses in tournament are to Lawrence county in 2014 and Stewart's creek in 2016, both sectionals

It’s looking like we should have 8 girls teams in the Region that are capable of beating just about anyone else in the Region. I don’t see any Dist: 5AAA team beating Bradley, but at least 2-3 of the 6AAA teams certainly wont be intimidated to play them. 

Bradley losing to Stone up there probably was a good thing long term for the Bearettes. They shouldnt overlook anyone up there. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2019 at 4:03 PM, LadyCavsFan said:

Thanks for the link. That impressive, including 5 trips to the Glass house since 2000. 

Bradley will have a home court advantage, but they better not overlook anyone. 

40 minutes ago, FootballFan51 said:

Gary Ownby (voice of the Bears & Bears Athletics historian) tweeted earlier today that Bradley has now won 63 District Championships & 39 Region Championships (going for #40). 

It wont help in the tourney, but that is impressive.

Stop reminding me!  :-(   But to be the best you have to beat the best.