Region 3AAA

Dadof23

2 hours ago, coachinhoops said:

They had 3 girls foul out.  Bradley is obviously a tough place to play.

Huh??? It was way over before anyone got into foul trouble. Bradley let the air out of the ball midway through the 3rd quarter or it would have been worse. Bradley shot poorly, but their defense made the difference. 

Also, many of the Cookeville fouls in the 2nd half were due to chasing after the ball being down 15-18 points most of the 2nd half. Teams trailing like that tend to pick up more fouls that way. 

Edited by FootballFan51

After seeing White County & Cookeville again, I think White County has more talent. Nothing about Cookeville made me ever think they had a chance to win. 

White County had some ball players, but they just didn’t play real well as a team. They have too much talent to have lost 7 of last 8 or whatever it is... 

Edited by FootballFan51

Saw both games at Bradley tonight and I must say we got a barn burner Wednesday. Stone is pretty big team, but not as fast so Bradley has the advantage in athleticism but ill pick Bradley in a close one 58-50. If it were being played at a neutral site it's a toss up. Home court helps. Especially in playoffs. East Hamilton looked like garbage tonight. Madison got into could trouble, as usual, which did hurt them but that was whole reason they lost. Stone plays allot like white county except they post up more because of their size. I do thin kthst the loser of that game can very easily upset either Riverdale or whoever comes out of region 4. Oakland squeaked by Tullahoma. And coffee handled Stewart's creek. Not an upset since coffee was at home. Riverdale and coffee county should be great game. 

Stone does present matchup problems for Bradley. They have bigs that can shoot & I thought their guards were quick & played hard. I see how they split this year. 

Should be a great game. I think the winner has a shot to win a sectional (sub-State) game at home. Very little shot for either team to win at Riverdale... 

And - yes East Hamilton is not a very good team when Madison Hayes gets in foul trouble (which is quite often). I thought Stone was a better team anyway. Hayes will have to stay out of early foul trouble next year if they want to advance out of the Region. They will be the favorite for 2nd place in 5AAA again. 

Edited by FootballFan51
  • Like 1

Bradley played a great game.   The early foul trouble put our two best defenders on the bench during then first quarter and most of first half.  They pulled away a bit in the second.  Our main problem was we just couldn’t make a shot for most of the game.  Or they took away most of our easy looks.  We played good defense for most of the game holding BC to around 40% from the floor.  When we forced a turnover we just couldn’t make the key shots to cut the lead.   Officiating was poor but they didn’t make us miss more than 10 layups.  Great game by Bradley.  I can see why they have won so many in a row there.   That region final game will be a good one.  

Bradley uses great defense to make up for size difference. No big girls like howard but they have girls that can post up good for their size, walker, lombard, Barnes to name a few. And the athleticism and deep bench is a goliath. Then ey could've gotten blown out to white county when they trailed at half time but they showed composure and let the crowd get into it also.