Gibson Co (25-2) at Trinity Christian (20-5)

WestTnGuru

Trinity Christian Academy is underrated and has a chance to prove their worth.  I think Trinity pulls out a 6 point home win.  If Trinity wins GIbson Co will be very difficult to beat in the district championship game.  It might be in Trinity’s favor to lose this game but that causes a Trenton Peabody rematch in semifinals.  

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, WestTnGuru said:

Trinity Christian Academy is underrated and has a chance to prove their worth.  I think Trinity pulls out a 6 point home win.  If Trinity wins GIbson Co will be very difficult to beat in the district championship game.  It might be in Trinity’s favor to lose this game but that causes a Trenton Peabody rematch in semifinals.  

Trinity is a good team and well coached. I like the way GC played Friday Night offensively and like their chances. I did last time they played too and we see how that worked out. Trinity is always a tough game for us. We are 0-3 at GC High School last three games vs Trinity and 2-0 vs Trinity at their place last two games. 

3 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Trinity is a good team and well coached. I like the way GC played Friday Night offensively and like their chances. I did last time they played too and we see how that worked out. Trinity is always a tough game for us. We are 0-3 at GC High School last three games vs Trinity and 2-0 vs Trinity at their place last two games. 

Would be great if this was game 2 of 5 this year!!!  Interesting stats on the away and home games.  I guess I’m glad the District tourney is at GC based on those facts! Ha. I think we win again in a nail biter!  Our post play is really starting to make a difference.  We now have depth, which is huge this time of the year.  Two 8th graders have already made a difference in the USJ and Peabody games.  They aren’t necessarily scoring but are handling the ball really well and playing excellent defense.  If TCA scores 50, I believe they will win the game.  Going to be interesting to see if GC is able to hold TCA to around 40 like the last game. GC is extremely well coached so anything is possible.  

40 minutes ago, Intense said:

Would be great if this was game 2 of 5 this year!!!  Interesting stats on the away and home games.  I guess I’m glad the District tourney is at GC based on those facts! Ha. I think we win again in a nail biter!  Our post play is really starting to make a difference.  We now have depth, which is huge this time of the year.  Two 8th graders have already made a difference in the USJ and Peabody games.  They aren’t necessarily scoring but are handling the ball really well and playing excellent defense.  If TCA scores 50, I believe they will win the game.  Going to be interesting to see if GC is able to hold TCA to around 40 like the last game. GC is extremely well coached so anything is possible.  

No doubt Coble will use his depth and not scared to put 8th graders out there as did Greenfield last year. I said last time we played I thought our substitution pattern was horrible and didn't use our depth. I honestly think we will win the game if we use our depth. We have more depth than we have ever had with 10 quality players but if it don't get used it is no good. Trinity hasn't got the state recognition they deserve  because most teams hadn't played them. They have not played Gleason, Westview, Greenfield, South Side, Dyersburg, Dresden... I would love to see you guys play Greenfield, Gleason...I know yow are good, but I wouldn't be happy if I was a player and played that schedule with all the blowout games.

Edited by pioneer42

Here is how I see the game playing out.  Trinity will press hard with their long and athletic players.  Unlike most teams they have played, I think GC handles the pressure and keeps the game close. If GC plays as conservative as they did in the first game, they will lose again.   I don't see big leads on either side.  Trinity's best hope is to go into the final few minutes behind rather than in the lead.  They play much better and looser when they are playing  from behind (USJ first game, GC first game) rather than from in the lead (Crockett, USJ second game, Peabody first game).  The winner gets one less tough game in the district tournament.  I got Trinity by 2.

8 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

No doubt Coble will use his depth and not scared to put 8th graders out there as did Greenfield last year. I said last time we played I thought our substitution pattern was horrible and didn't use our depth. I honestly think we will win the game if we use our depth. We have more depth than we have ever had with 10 quality players but if it don't get used it is no good. Trinity hasn't got the state recognition they deserve  because most teams hadn't played them. They have not played Gleason, Westview, Greenfield, South Side, Dyersburg, Dresden... I would love to see you guys play Greenfield, Gleason...I know yow are good, but I wouldn't be happy if I was a player and played that schedule with all the blowout games.

No, we weren’t happy with all of the blowout games but nothing we can do about that.  For example, Sacred Heart has one of the best boys teams in the area but their girls struggle. Just a cycle.  We were supposed to play Dresden and they cancelled and we weren’t able to make it up.  We scrimmaged Gleason and beat them pretty bad BUT it was a scrimmage and we know that teams are completely didferent in regular season AND they didn’t have their PG.  We know Gleason will be a really tough game if we meet in the regionals.  We have played Crockett three times and USJ twice.  Crockett is one of the better teams around(not sure what happened against Westview) and USJ has one of the best players in the area(Emily Jones).  I think at this point, we are battle tested.  Probably not as battle tested as GC but I think adequately tested!  Haven’t played Greenfield, which I think is the ultimate test.  Six really good teams from this region that could beat anyone in the state on any given night.  

1 hour ago, BullShark said:

Here is how I see the game playing out.  Trinity will press hard with their long and athletic players.  Unlike most teams they have played, I think GC handles the pressure and keeps the game close. If GC plays as conservative as they did in the first game, they will lose again.   I don't see big leads on either side.  Trinity's best hope is to go into the final few minutes behind rather than in the lead.  They play much better and looser when they are playing  from behind (USJ first game, GC first game) rather than from in the lead (Crockett, USJ second game, Peabody first game).  The winner gets one less tough game in the district tournament.  I got Trinity by 2.

GC played very conservative first game I agree. And I think that was very out of character of them considering we played very different against Greenfield and Westview. I think GC will get revenge here. Can't see them playing the way they did first game. Season is a grind so I don't put one or two games as the gospel. I think they have played and coached well for most of season. 

Edited by pioneer42

4 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

GC played very conservative first game I agree. And I think that was very out of character of them considering we played very different against Greenfield and Westview. I think GC will get revenge here. Can't see them playing the way they did first game. Season is a grind so I don't put one or two games as the gospel. I think they have played and coached well for most of season. 

A month ago I would have picked GC to win this game. Now I'll call it Trinity because of home court advantage. Trinity is playing under control right now with the Howell kid running the show. I love her play at the point, she's in control of the game. Two very solid fundamentally teams going at it Friday night. If you miss it it's your own dang fault.

I guess I’m kind of confused at the “conservative play by GC” comments.  Last game they pressed us down to the last shot. They were very agresssive on defense.  Offensively, I have to think TCA’s defense had something to do with the way GC played.  It’s almost like folks think the last TCA win was a fluke.  I can tell you that it wasn’t.  I think the USJ win might be our biggest win of the year so far.  I think they are more talented than GC.  They aren’t as deep but they have a post that comes off the bench that is best post we’ve faced this year.  Maybe if we win tommorrow night we might gain a little respect.  Two great teams playing regardless of who wins!

55 minutes ago, Intense said:

I guess I’m kind of confused at the “conservative play by GC” comments.  Last game they pressed us down to the last shot. They were very agresssive on defense.  Offensively, I have to think TCA’s defense had something to do with the way GC played.  It’s almost like folks think the last TCA win was a fluke.  I can tell you that it wasn’t.  I think the USJ win might be our biggest win of the year so far.  I think they are more talented than GC.  They aren’t as deep but they have a post that comes off the bench that is best post we’ve faced this year.  Maybe if we win tommorrow night we might gain a little respect.  Two great teams playing regardless of who wins!

It’s not taking anything away from TCA at all. But people that have seen GC play all year know that when they got the lead in the 2nd half against TCA they started taking the air out of the ball. And it came back to bite them.  They normally want to play fast and had opportunities and didn’t.  We will see if they learned their lesson 

46 minutes ago, Intense said:

I know we beat Greenfield and Westview twice and South Side and we played more in attack mode on offense. Played really slow and IMO tried to run clock in the second half with an 11 point lead and it backfired first meeting. Bullshark even said it and he is not a GC fan I don't think. I don't think anyone in West TN is as good as South Side defensively. They are Peabody times two. I think coach thought he could hold the single digit lead late and keep yow in check and win an ugly game and it backfired and Trinity caused some TO's made a shot or two and we got beat. To be fair to TCA, you guys didn't play your best either and you won an ugly game. I know all the girls over there at TCA and the coaches and they are a class act and I honestly don't know what will happen because we are dealing with 16-17 year old girls. But you guys are playing well and may the best team win Round two of what could be more meetings between us.