Region 3AA

Dadof2

Meigs over Tyner (by a lot)

McMinn Central over Brainerd (close in the first half then Central pulls away)

Signal Mountain over Sequoyah (by a lot)

Red Bank over Sweetwater (it will be close)

Meigs over Red Bank

Signal Mountain over Central (I was going with Central but just think they will struggle with Signals size.

Meigs vs Signal in the championship.

On 2/20/2019 at 10:35 AM, Dadof2 said:

Meigs over Red Bank

Signal Mountain over Central (I was going with Central but just think they will struggle with Signals size.

All good so far, I was a little surprised how close Central vs Brainerd was.

2 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

All good so far, I was a little surprised how close Central vs Brainerd was.

Brainerd has a Ms. Basketball nominee. I haven't seen the box scores but if she played without getting into foul trouble, I understand why the score was close!

District 6AA went 2-2..I am impressed. 

As for your championship prediction, I agree it should be Signal vs Meigs. At the Best of Preps in December it was a 3 point game. 

6 hours ago, TynerRamFan said:

Brainerd has a Ms. Basketball nominee. I haven't seen the box scores but if she played without getting into foul trouble, I understand why the score was close!

As for your championship prediction, I agree it should be Signal vs Meigs. At the Best of Preps in December it was a 3 point game. 

I kinda thought it would go that way, District 5 drops of when you get passed the top two. Meigs plays Brainerd earlier in the year and won by 20+ that’s why I was a little surprised. If Meigs keeps playing defense like they are, they will be hard to beat.

Meigs over Red Bank

7 hours ago, TynerRamFan said:

Had Brainerd's #32 not been called for 4 offensive fouls I think they beat Mcminn..it was a close and good game tho feom both teams

• Like 1

Meigs over Red Bank

The Central - Brainerd game was a little too close for comfort for most Central fans. With Signal's size I think Central might have to hit well outside to have a chance in this one.

1 hour ago, hohmaster said:

The Central - Brainerd game was a little too close for comfort for most Central fans. With Signal's size I think Central might have to hit well outside to have a chance in this one.

Central can win,  they will have to rebound well and speed the game up. But they have coaching on their side.

37 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

Central can win,  they will have to rebound well and speed the game up. But they have coaching on their side.

I haven't seen Signal play and was going by what you said about their size. If Signal plays zone then it will be hard for Central to get some inside layups they usually get because of their quick guard play. Maybe they can speed the game up by breaking the press and getting some easy shots? Rebounding well hasn't been a strength for Central against taller teams this year. Morgan will have to use some coaching skills if Signal starts controlling the game.
Meigs will be in the region championship game. I'd like to see Central there too but I'm having my doubts.

8 hours ago, hohmaster said:

I haven't seen Signal play and was going by what you said about their size. If Signal plays zone then it will be hard for Central to get some inside layups they usually get because of their quick guard play. Maybe they can speed the game up by breaking the press and getting some easy shots? Rebounding well hasn't been a strength for Central against taller teams this year. Morgan will have to use some coaching skills if Signal starts controlling the game.
Meigs will be in the region championship game. I'd like to see Central there too but I'm having my doubts.

Signal will probably play a zone, they have a good PG she’s big and strong, she can be a matchup problem. They have a 6-2 post player. I think she will be a big problem for Central. I think the press will be key for central, speed them up and it will take the big girl out of the game some. If it’s a half court game advantage Signal. IMO