1. 1. Top Region Team in 2019

• Decatur Riverside
    • East Hickman
    • Hickman County
    • Houston County
    • Scotts Hill
    • Waverly Central

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/17/2019 at 11:00 PM

7 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

So I’m starting my season off the wrong way like my Tigers are! 

Houston, Scott’s Hill, East Hickman all come out with a victory!

Waverly, Hickman, and Riverside are 0-1. 

So y’all still picking Waverly to win Region? 

We just made some bad mistakes and I think a few changes in a couple areas. I'm still hopeful, but I'll be more confident in my decision once I see how we handle Huntington. 

16 minutes ago, Super8Dad said:

We just made some bad mistakes and I think a few changes in a couple areas. I'm still hopeful, but I'll be more confident in my decision once I see how we handle Huntington. 

Not me man and y’all know I love my tigers. Play calling was horrific!!! We looked out of shape also! I will support till I die but my hope ain’t very high!

6 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

So I’m starting my season off the wrong way like my Tigers are! 

Houston, Scott’s Hill, East Hickman all come out with a victory!

Waverly, Hickman, and Riverside are 0-1. 

So y’all still picking Waverly to win Region? 

If not, it'll probably be one of the other two that took an "L" this week. Remember Vandy, that Camden and Lewis County are far different than Perry County and McEwen, but in region play, everybody has to play everybody else heads up, and there's nine games left. I left out Lawrence County/Hickman simply because I'm not familiar with LC.

I can tell you that I'm very happy with Scotts Hill's game. Walnut has some players, the QB can spin the ball, the line is big and stout, and #7 is a great RB, he's shifty and can fly, but everywhere he went there were black shirts already there waiting. We appear to be very average talentwise, we have some kids that can run ok (speedwise), our line didn't get pushed around by a bigger bunch of kids, our QB was on target with the ball, and a couple of our backs got some good yardage,but nobody that stood out as a game changer. That's what has me excited... we were very disciplined with hardly any penalties, we had no blown assignments or coverages, we were in great shape (not one cramp), and we didn't blink when they came out and held us to three and out our first series, then hit a long pass over the top for a TD on their second offensive snap. From there forward, we looked better and better, and they wore down more as the game went on. We still have work to do, but if we can play every week with the effort and discipline that we had last night, I think we'll win the ones that we should and a couple that we shouldn't, and we'll see where we stand at season's end.