Coaches that have lived,played, or went to school in Smith County

OWLSSCHS

This is a heck of a list of talented and successful coaches who have deep ties to Smith County :Gary Rankin(Alcoa),Mark Medley(Lebanon and Gville),Jimmy Maynard(Cookeville),Pat Dyer(Carthage and Macon county), Chuck Gentry(Lebanon), Josh Hackett(future Watertown head coach), Ron Moose Marshall(Gville), Bob Dillard(Lebanon and Gville),Scott Murray(current SCHS),Scott Clemons(current Gville), Gavin Webster(current Watertown), Chad Watson(current Gallatin). Sure there may be a few more I left off the list but no disrespect meant.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

You know what they say... those who can’t play coach which proves true with the above statement.

Lord knows you would have some great coaches in Smith County  since none of y’all know how to play the game. Lol

You must not be old enough to have seen Brad Cowan play. Coaches at Oakland now.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, H2Oman said:

You know what they say... those who can’t play coach which proves true with the above statement.

Lord knows you would have some great coaches in Smith County  since none of y’all know how to play the game. Lol

Wow, go ask Josh Hackett if he could play? No doubt he is one reason for the short lived success of the Watertown program.

8 minutes ago, OWLSSCHS said:

Wow, go ask Josh Hackett if he could play? No doubt he is one reason for the short lived success of the Watertown program.

Ohh he is definitely a big part of the success... As for the short lived part, I don’t know about that..

Either way it was a joke, you guys have had some great ballers in your time and a lot the cats you mentioned above were definitely great ball players!

Edited by H2Oman

8 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

Ohh he is definitely a big part of the success... As for the short lived part, I don’t know about that..

Either way it was a joke, you guys have had some great ballers in your time and a lot the cats you mentioned above were definitely great ball players!

I really wished we could play you guys in the regular season and not a jamboree. We might take some beatings like last year but it would be a great game for both communities.

15 minutes ago, OWLSSCHS said:

I really wished we could play you guys in the regular season and not a jamboree. We might take some beatings like last year but it would be a great game for both communities.

You probably will in 2 years. I expect yall will be in the same region unless Watertown goes west.