TN High @ Dobyns-Bennett

JOBU

30 minutes ago, JOBU said:

I was going to say DB 28 TN High 14 until I'm hearing the big running back for Db is either out or not even playing, Any truth to this one?

During the Greeneville scrimmage a couple of weeks ago DB's RB's looked to me to be about 160-180 lbs.     But DB ran all over Greeneville.    Now, it was just a scrimmage so probably doesn't mean anything, but unless the Vikings are very stout up front I wouldn't worry about DB running the ball.     DB also has a kid as fast as any I have ever seen in HS, don't remember his # and he only got the ball once on a short pass that I remember, but he burned Greeneville for 6...    Not only super fast but an extremely shifty runner.      The thing that really hurt DB in that scrimmage was WAY TOO MANY PENALTIES!!!      Especially penalties that negated a nice gain.        If they don't correct that the it's anybody's game tomorrow.....     Greeneville just seemed lethargic compared to Devil teams of the past 10 years, but DB didn't look very disciplined.      This one might be a good close game

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

During the Greeneville scrimmage a couple of weeks ago DB's RB's looked to me to be about 160-180 lbs.     But DB ran all over Greeneville.    Now, it was just a scrimmage so probably doesn't mean anything, but unless the Vikings are very stout up front I wouldn't worry about DB running the ball.     DB also has a kid as fast as any I have ever seen in HS, don't remember his # and he only got the ball once on a short pass that I remember, but he burned Greeneville for 6...    Not only super fast but an extremely shifty runner.      The thing that really hurt DB in that scrimmage was WAY TOO MANY PENALTIES!!!      Especially penalties that negated a nice gain.        If they don't correct that the it's anybody's game tomorrow.....     Greeneville just seemed lethargic compared to Devil teams of the past 10 years, but DB didn't look very disciplined.      This one might be a good close game

Penalties have been an issue for yrs.  especially delay of game where they can't get the play off in time.  

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

The "penalty" problem is from bad coaching in the little leagues and middle school. This has been going on for years and we've all been talking about it for years.  Never gonna' change. 

33 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

The "penalty" problem is from bad coaching in the little leagues and middle school. This has been going on for years and we've all been talking about it for years.  Never gonna' change. 

Yeah I hear you on that....    It is a lack of concentration and discipline by coaches and player, but probably more so on coaches.       We go through spells of that at Boone too, fans are in the stands doing the face-palm....