Carthage travels to Gordonsville

Speeding2Live

7 hours ago, steelcityroller said:

How did they look?

It was a jamboree. I don't put much stock in them, Gordonsville looked bad. DC looked good. Watertown looking good. SC looked average, Look at what happened Friday night.  Nobody's going to get anything out of a jamboree.  Nobody is going to tip their hand especially when SC plays G-ville and DC. G-ville plays H2O.

43 minutes ago, Reynard said:

It was a jamboree. I don't put much stock in them, Gordonsville looked bad. DC looked good. Watertown looking good. SC looked average, Look at what happened Friday night.  Nobody's going to get anything out of a jamboree.  Nobody is going to tip their hand especially when SC plays G-ville and DC. G-ville plays H2O.

Those kids aren't going to go out there and give 50% effort just because an opponent might see it.

The coaching and playcalling is gonna be vanilla, obviously. But you can still evaluate speed, strength, kicking/punting and line play. I do it every year and feel like I get a pretty good gauge on the teams I see from an athletic standpoint.

It benefits the teams. The risk of injuries isn't worth the split of gate money otherwise.

12 minutes ago, steelcityroller said:

Those kids aren't going to go out there and give 50% effort just because an opponent might see it.

The coaching and playcalling is gonna be vanilla, obviously. But you can still evaluate speed, strength, kicking/punting and line play. I do it every year and feel like I get a pretty good gauge on the teams I see from an athletic standpoint.

It benefits the teams. The risk of injuries isn't worth the split of gate money otherwise.

Kids don't, coaches do. I think it's hard to judge strength-speed -everything based off the plays called. More so defense than offense.  No game plan.   Most don't show their strength. Running teams throw. Throwing teams run,  It does get kids in game night mode . Lights on, stands full, jitters eased,

Just my take and what I remember about playing in  jamborees. Just a practice/scrimmage you have to pay to see. DC-G-ville scrimmaged at DC 2 weeks ago, The coaches and fans that went probably got more out of that than the jamboree.

18 hours ago, Reynard said:

Maybe. They will win against SC every once in a while. Kinda like they do against Hartsville. As best as I can remember, 2 wins in about 25-30 years,  

Which team did you see play last night, Gordansville or SC,  to make such a assessment?

I saw SC beat a (according to most) a much improved MC team, And as best as I can tell from the talk, either Gordansville played well, and lost, or Watertown struggled and still won, So I, myself aint sure what to expect as you seem to be, 

How about this MC won't do make it past the first round just like Smith will e gearing up for basketball that same week. While Gordy will be making a deep playoff run. Smith nor MC will be making a trip to TN Tech in the foreseeable future. Now that makes it crystal clear. A close loss to Watertown beats a win over an MC team that is not that good.

20 hours ago, Reynard said:

Maybe. They will win against SC every once in a while. Kinda like they do against Hartsville. As best as I can remember, 2 wins in about 25-30 years,  

Which team did you see play last night, Gordansville or SC,  to make such a assessment?

I saw SC beat a (according to most) a much improved MC team, And as best as I can tell from the talk, either Gordansville played well, and lost, or Watertown struggled and still won, So I, myself aint sure what to expect as you seem to be, 

Gordy will take this one.  

8 hours ago, RTD said:

How about this MC won't do make it past the first round just like Smith will e gearing up for basketball that same week. While Gordy will be making a deep playoff run. Smith nor MC will be making a trip to TN Tech in the foreseeable future. Now that makes it crystal clear. A close loss to Watertown beats a win over an MC team that is not that good.

Well, how bout that!!!   You must have  had to put a lot of thought into this this. You just figured out MC and SC are couple of teams trying to get back where they need to be and G-ville is a perianal playoff team, Your doing good, TD must stand for Really Thoughtful Dude

Although I  don't know what all that has to do with anything right now. But thanks for your interest in the game, And I know MC and SC appreciate your concern for their programs.

1 hour ago, kingjacket said:

We really need the tc vs smith county game back on the schedule 20 mins apart i know tc has made several attempts to make this happen step up to the plate owls

Its been 10 years now king. There 1 coach on the  coaching staff that was around in 2009, and most have forgotten about how  Satt showed rear, I would look for them to start playing again in the near future. 

Me, personally, I would agree to play TC with the stipulation Clint stays off the sideline during the game.