Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Violet
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Sign in to follow this  
Rockstar89

2019 AA Discussion

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, TeeterTot said:

It's a very valid point.  The main cogs of that team have known to no show up in big travel games so will be worth watching as the season goes on 

Worth watching for sure. I still think they have a shot. Will be interesting how the weekend shakes out if they have to play some tough competition. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2019 at 7:02 AM, TeeterTot said:

It's a very valid point.  The main cogs of that team have known to no show up in big travel games so will be worth watching as the season goes on 

Nolensville beats Houston...quality win for a team that is playing pretty hot right now. Playing with the big kids the rest of the weekend. Will be interesting to see how they do...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2019 at 1:44 AM, Rockstar89 said:

Nolensville beats Houston...quality win for a team that is playing pretty hot right now. Playing with the big kids the rest of the weekend. Will be interesting to see how they do...

The Brentwood game was not a pretty one for them.  The youth factor was there because half the girls looked beat before the first point.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TeeterTot said:

The Brentwood game was not a pretty one for them.  The youth factor was there because half the girls looked beat before the first point.  

While I am sure they wanted to look better, no one gave them a shot to win the game...or to beat Houston. So I would say it’s still a solid showing for a AA team that won’t play anywhere near the caliber of Houston, Brentwood etc in their District/Region/State. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was told the 3 teams pools were put together based on some rankings, and that you would basically get in gold if you were in one of them. Based on what I saw, I would agree that a healthy Nolensville team would be my favorites to win the whole thing. The second time they played Hazel Green they lost 25-27 and 24-26, and the coach said that was without one of their best OH who was out with a concussion. They looked pretty impressive. I still have not seen Portland though, but I would think as of now that Nolensville is definitely the team to beat in AA. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, knightsfan said:

I was told the 3 teams pools were put together based on some rankings, and that you would basically get in gold if you were in one of them. Based on what I saw, I would agree that a healthy Nolensville team would be my favorites to win the whole thing. The second time they played Hazel Green they lost 25-27 and 24-26, and the coach said that was without one of their best OH who was out with a concussion. They looked pretty impressive. I still have not seen Portland though, but I would think as of now that Nolensville is definitely the team to beat in AA. 

Curious who the OH is thats out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TeeterTot said:

Curious who the OH is thats out.

unapproved website stats seem to suggest they are missing the coach's kid last few games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, knightsfan said:

Yes, it is the coach's kid. Their coach told me she got a concussion during the Siegel tournament a couple of weeks ago. 

I don't think that is her first.  Hope she can avoid anymore.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The team that has impressed me most is Anderson County.  They beat Nolansville at Seigal with two starters out.  They beat East Hamilton hard at the Choo Choo 25-11 25-14, but lost to Portland later in the tourney, neither time did they have their starting setter.  They are the best team in East TN, in any classification beating Heritage, Webb, Farragut, Sullivan South etc... on multiple occasions.  They have no seniors, but most of their team played K2 Elite, and they are well coached, big and athletic.  

People forget that for 16 years they dominated AA, winning state championships, multiple state finals and were in 10 straight final fours.  Then they got bumped up to AAA and stayed competitive but couldn’t beat the Brentwood’s.  Two years ago they moved back to AA and lost in the sectionals both years to Sullivan South in 5 game heartbreakers, playing all freshman and sophomores.  Now these athletes are Juniors, and I think they are the team to beat.

As a Farragut fan, we have lost to them three times, none close.  I would not want to play them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...