• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Sign in to follow this  
Rockstar89

2019 AAA Discussion

Brentwood beat Houston 25-16, 25-18 in the finals.  Jasper, AL had Brentwood down 6-0 in the first set before they turned it around.

Houston has the size, just inconsistent.

Nolensville looked as bad Saturday as they looked good on Friday.   

Ravenwood is a roller coaster ride in your a player/parent/coach.....just no telling what team will show up.

Siegel is the best team in Rutherford county with Blackman is one head to head win away of dethroning them.  

Glad Summit was able to rebound and play well after that loss to Harpeth in Sevierville. I thought their coach was gonna stroke out. LoL. But he might be in a bad way again. Looks like they lost both of their matches today at Willco tourney. 

Edited by Rockstar89

Brentwood easily handled Ravenwood last nigh at RW.  Early in the game, Brentwood made sure they were not going 5 sets again by winning the first set 25-9.  Next two were 25-18, 25-17 but not that close on the court.  The defense for the Bruins has improved a lot over the past three weeks.  The normal stars (Juniors Shaye and Riley, our only senior Piper) are producing and now the right side (Sophomore Hollye) is finding her groove and that's turning this offence into a very balanced, attack for all angles offence.  Feels like they are playing their best volleyball at the moment.  

2 minutes ago, TeeterTot said:

Brentwood easily handled Ravenwood last nigh at RW.  Early in the game, Brentwood made sure they were not going 5 sets again by winning the first set 25-9.  Next two were 25-18, 25-17 but not that close on the court.  The defense for the Bruins has improved a lot over the past three weeks.  The normal stars (Juniors Shaye and Riley, our only senior Piper) are producing and now the right side (Sophomore Hollye) is finding her groove and that's turning this offence into a very balanced, attack for all angles offence.  Feels like they are playing their best volleyball at the moment.  

It’s that time of the year for the cream to rise to the top...

Brentwood rolled over siegel in 3 sets Wednesday night and Centennial last night.

News started to circulate last night that Ravenwood's best player quit the team yesterday.  That's a huge crush because she was THE go to player.  

Quit? Or is she hurt?

If she's the kid I think you mean, that's inconceivable. Not that I have any reason to doubt you, it's just stupefying... she was everything to them, getting all the sets, having a great year, ready for another set of All State honors and all that.

She plays all around.  I have not been privy to the details but I was told from a close source that it was a mutual decision by the player and coach.  There's more to the story that they did not want tell me and I can respect that.   

Guest Oldgamer29

Going to put this out there concerning the Ravenwood player topic. Unfortunately, here is an instance where club coaches being in high school ball is an unfortunate situation. This child has played for this coach for years and had no problems and some would tell you was even the coaches favorite. Then the player switches clubs and is no longer with the high school coach’s club and falls out of favor very quickly. It was noticeable to many.