Mckenzie Vs. West Carroll

RebelFan2018

The young Rebel team travels to Atwood Friday night which should be a pretty good game. This WC ball team is not what it used to be in prior years with them having good seasons the past 2 to 3 years and also making a run into the playoffs last year. The rebels come into week 2 with a few injuries and not to mention a key component to there team running back Micha Austin, who should be returning soon in the coming weeks. The rebels offensively have to do a better job up front preventing the pass rush and giving Jarrett time to throw the ball and make holes for the running back, as far as defense goes they will need to be able to stop WC’s run game and prevent big plays from being made. The younger guys starting just need to learn to finish all 4 quarters and not get gassed after the first half. But Friday night should be interesting and I’m looking forward to a Rebel win which is long overdue. 

Since you started another post about the same topic, I will have the one I started deleted.  No need for two strings on the same game.  

Last year, the War Eagles got the Rebels. Early in the season, this may be a good one.  Rebels will be without their running back after getting dinged up last week vs Huntingdon.  Will have to rely on the arm of Evan Jarrett along with some young freshman to clip the wings of the War Eagles.  

If the defense that showed up in the first quarter last week vs Huntingdon plays 4 quarters this week, McKenzie wins. 

1 hour ago, volsandtitans1 said:

Since you started another post about the same topic, I will have the one I started deleted.  No need for two strings on the same game.  

Last year, the War Eagles got the Rebels. Early in the season, this may be a good one.  Rebels will be without their running back after getting dinged up last week vs Huntingdon.  Will have to rely on the arm of Evan Jarrett along with some young freshman to clip the wings of the War Eagles.  

If the defense that showed up in the first quarter last week vs Huntingdon plays 4 quarters this week, McKenzie wins. 

WC running back #24 Jarrius Weatherford is gonna be the one to watch. From what I’ve seen of him he’s a pretty big guy and hard to take down, lots of speed and strength. 

In a normal year, picking McKenzie would be the no brainer. However, as we are all aware the rebels have been down the last couple of years while West Carroll has been playing some good football. McKenzie will be without their best running back which should make things easier on the West Carroll defense. Even though the McKenzie Rebels have struggled of the last couple of years and we're not a playoff team last year, they did knock-off Union City who made the third round of the 2A playoffs. If West Carroll is looking past McKenzie they could get beat. With the above being said though, I will go with West Carroll by 10.

4 hours ago, RebelFan2018 said:

Do you know anything about how well they run the ball? I’ve heard they have a good running back this year. 

They do..he is a big fast kid...try to go low and he will hop ya for a long one. best bet is if you can  get more than one hat on him.  Enjoy the game I am sure it will be a good one

Edited by Beagle

12 minutes ago, Beagle said:

The coach ya'll had before him...he was worth points. Comer is okay he wont cost ya any most nights

First I am Not a y’all. Not a rebel fan. But Comer has been at Mckenzie for 18 years. So what you are saying is of no relevance in this decade. He has been at Mckenzie longer than Coach T has been around. Comer has played in a state title game before. That is worth points in my book. 

Edited by BigEdMo