USJ Bruins vs TCA Bushwhackers

Kublah

5 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

Congratulations to usj on their win tonight. Despite the huge amount of turnovers you stayed focused and found a way to win. Your kicker is outstanding and those two runners, 4 and six are absolute beasts running the football. With that being said, some of the in-game shenanigans and some of the postgame shenanigans we're completely uncalled for. Hopefully the usj coach and the administration of that school will address those issues.

It was a very sloppy game on the Bruins part.  Turnovers definitely kept the Lions in the ball game.  I would like you to elaborate on your statement.  "With that being said, some of the in-game shenanigans and some of the postgame shenanigans we're completely uncalled for."  I attended and watched the entire game.  I saw nothing  during the game or after that would warrant that statement.  After the game, our student section was running the circle of the track and a coach/teacher caught them and told them to go back to our side.  That is the only thing that happen if you call that "postgame shenanigans."   It was a rivalry  game and I don't think there was one personal foul.  Not sure what you could be talking about during the game.  

• Like 1

I didn’t witness anything that was out of the ordinary in the game, as far as “shenanigans” go. In my experience, any “chippy” behavior is a two way street. No one just stands back and takes it, just like no one keeps giving if the other person isn’t “playing along”. It’s a rivalry game. That stuff happens, but again, I didn’t see it. 

No routine from me. As soon as the game ended I posted That we gave the game away. When a team gifts you 6 turnovers and you can’t man up and win then that is a problem. I said From the first game. Davis kid is a great athlete. But one player can not beat 11. I said Also that Davis is good for 2 scores a game just on his ability. How many sores did he have?  They have to figure out how to spread the ball around and use Davis as a decoy. He can not throw the ball so teams will just load the box and stop it. It’s that simple. No routine to it. 

13 hours ago, BigEdMo said:

No routine from me. As soon as the game ended I posted That we gave the game away. When a team gifts you 6 turnovers and you can’t man up and win then that is a problem. I said From the first game. Davis kid is a great athlete. But one player can not beat 11. I said Also that Davis is good for 2 scores a game just on his ability. How many sores did he have?  They have to figure out how to spread the ball around and use Davis as a decoy. He can not throw the ball so teams will just load the box and stop it. It’s that simple. No routine to it. 

You know he isnt about you he is talking about Reitz. Every time y’all lose he usually has something bad to say about the other team.  Or goes to there next game thread and says he is pulling for other team for reasons he won’t share. 

Strange how quiet this topic has been considering how great that game was...must be the shenanigans!

What a comeback for USJ. Every player contributed and made big plays. Not what you want to see with the turnovers of course, but these games happen every now and then. Most important thing is they didn't quit and kept fighting. Really enjoy watching this team. 

One player I will shout out is big #50 had some monster downfield blocks when pulling. Also hope the QB continues to develop. He's got the arm and made some big throws in the fourth quarter.

I agree with the other posters that TCA should probably be spreading the ball around a bit more. Besides #7 there are some solid athletes on the team, worth developing for sure.

Great game!

• CoachT locked this topic