Whitehaven at N. Little Rock

kwc

2 hours ago, reddyrebel6 said:

Whitehaven better bring its A game or this could be ugly. NLR is loaded again, although their best RB is hurt. Those studs on defense for Whitehaven need to have big games.

Agree, agree, and agree again. I know you can't play sloppy and you can't turn the ball over or you will lose. Gotta make them drive from distance, consistently.

2 hours ago, reddyrebel6 said:

Whitehaven better bring its A game or this could be ugly. NLR is loaded again, although their best RB is hurt. Those studs on defense for Whitehaven need to have big games.

rr6, have seen them recently?

Edited by kwc

4 hours ago, reddyrebel6 said:

Live close ti there and listen to their coach on a recet interview. They feel like they are even better than last year.

I'm glad they feel that way. I think our coaches think similarly about this year's Haven squad. I think special teams will be a strong factor in this one. 

They run the ball. Our 'D' stops the run. This is going to be a good one.

1 hour ago, pigskinred said:

Is Whitehaven going there for the second year in a row? If so, is NLR afraid to leave their friendly confines for a road trip?

I don't know. It was set up like that from the beginning. Who knows why. I have my suspicions. Doesn't matter to us. If you are going to win the 6A title of state champion in TN, you have to learn how to travel to the NLRs of the world and play up to your potential and not be intimidated, but looking forward to the campaign. You'll never know if you are too scared to do it. So, let's get it on!

I've always liked the tough travel games on the schedule. They teach the team about comrodiary and team chemistry.

Edited by kwc

Whitehaven's going to have to be physical up front all night on defense. Which I'm sure we can do. We make them pay when they go run, run, run ... run again. However, when they do pass the ball, we go after them. We don't sit back. I'm looking for a couple of INTs in this one.

On offense, we need to sustain drives. No 3 and outs. Grind it out. 3 yards here. 4 yards there. 6 yards here. Throw in an occasional 15 yard play. Mix up the run with some passes.

That's me though.

Edited by kwc

• CoachT changed the title to Whitehaven at N. Little Rock