3.  NCS.        100.11

4.  DA.            98.42

5.  FC.             97.95

6.  TCA.           93.55

7.  CLA.            90.36

8.   COL A.        90.00

9.   JCS.              89.32

10. DCA.            83.17

Similar computer rankings had my Vols in the top 15 preseason and we all know how that worked out last weekend. Several key "top 10" matchups should start to clarify things this Friday, with NCS/DA in the midstate and TCA/USJ here in the west. Clarksville Academy has not been tested but faces FA trying to rebound from getting handled by a decent MS private school. 

The most interesting finding in this poll is that 8 of 9 teams in the West region are represented here in the top 10. Now the shuffle begins as we all enter into the region gauntlet. I assume most teams now face 8 straight region foes. USJ, after a week 0 bye, will face non-region Crockett in week 9 to break up the private school monotony.

Sonny Moore is pretty accurate, even this early in the season. This poll only gets more accurate as the season goes on. It is definitely more accurate than the AP newspaper poll in my opinion. I figure number 7 and number 10 in this poll will begin to drop after this week. Both of those schools have been the benefactors a very weak early-season schedules. I have no doubt that Fayette Academy will win this week. The Davidson Academy and Nashville Christian game will definitely be interesting. It is just a shame that all of these breakout games have to happen so early in the season. The sad part about the whole thing is that it is my opinion that the west division is stronger then the east. I have a gut feeling the couple of teams from the West will be sitting on the sidelines come playoff teams while some less worthy teams make the dance. Just my opinion. Good observations by the way Bellsburg2.

Edited by ReitzFan

42 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

Sonny Moore is pretty accurate, even this early in the season. This poll only gets more accurate as the season goes on. It is definitely more accurate than the AP newspaper poll in my opinion. I figure number 7 and number 10 in this poll will begin to drop after this week. Both of those schools have been the benefactors a very weak early-season schedules. I have no doubt that Fayette Academy will win this week. The Davidson Academy and Nashville Christian game will definitely be interesting. It is just a shame that all of these breakout games have to happen so early in the season. The sad part about the whole thing is that it is my opinion that the west division is stronger then the east. I have a gut feeling the couple of teams from the West will be sitting on the sidelines come playoff teams while some less worthy teams make the dance. Just my opinion. Good observations by the way Bellsburg2.

So you pointed out #10 DCA specifically and said they played a “weak”schedule and should drop after this week? They beat both teams they played and you’ve yet to see one of those teams play anyone else? You also will see DCA play a team this week that they are decided underdogs. I mean, they are expected to lose big against a team that many predicted to win the gold ball preseason yet they should drop? Lol 

i suppose it’s silly because it is s poll but you really have no idea about most of these teams right now. It’s way too early to tell what teams will be like. There’s a reason the BCS poll comes out so late in the season. BTW who is your team?  Edit: I think your school is TCA right? I mean how would you know anything about the east schools? Have you seen them play or played against any of them the last several years? Can’t judge HS teams off of last years record. For instance both DA and FCS were the clear best two teams in the division last year but this year while both are in the conversation they have to fill some big losses. I honestly don’t know a thing about TCA and won’t until much later in the season. I can look at their very mediocre history and it still won’t tell me a thing about this season regardless. It’s just too early to tell overall IMO. 

Edited by Playerscoach

12 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

So you pointed out #10 DCA specifically and said they played a “weak”schedule and should drop after this week? They beat both teams they played and you’ve yet to see one of those teams play anyone else? You also will see DCA play a team this week that they are decided underdogs. I mean, they are expected to lose big against a team that many predicted to win the gold ball preseason yet they should drop? Lol 

i suppose it’s silly because it is s poll but you really have no idea about most of these teams right now. It’s way too early to tell what teams will be like. There’s a reason the BCS poll comes out so late in the season. BTW who is your team?  Edit: I think your school is TCA right? I mean how would you know anything about the east schools? Have you seen them play or played against any of them the last several years? Can’t judge HS teams off of last years record. For instance both DA and FCS were the clear best two teams in the division last year but this year while both are in the conversation they have to fill some big losses. I honestly don’t know a thing about TCA and won’t until much later in the season. I can look at their very mediocre history and it still won’t tell me a thing about this season regardless. It’s just too early to tell overall IMO. 

I know things about the East Division because I do my research. Silverdale is a lower level team and their classification. DCA, a team with a low rating in class A wins a game by two points against another lower-level team. The second Victory by DCA was against Webb Bell Buckle, a team play their first 11-man football game and also the team that is rated the lowest in class A. The schedule played by DCA during the first 2 weeks is not going to exactly put fear into any quality opponent. No question that Friendship Christian will be the prohibitive favorite against it DCA of this week. They will drop.

in reference to the mediocre history of TCA, sure we have had our share of down years. We are still a relatively Young School. With that being said, we played for the State Championship in 2010 in Division 1 class 2A. TCA has also made the state semifinals in both 2013 and 2015. In 2014 we lost a second-round playoff game to the eventual state champion by Five Points. It was their toughest contest throughout the playoffs that year. TCA also featured two consecutive Division 1 class 2A Mr footballs. One of our players from the 2010 team just happens to have a fistful of NCAA National Championship rings that he wears. Not too bad for a school that has a mediocre history using your words.

Edited by ReitzFan

4 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

I know things about the East Division because I do my research. Silverdale is a lower level team and their classification. DCA, a team with a low rating in class A wins a game by two points against another lower-level team. The second Victory by DCA was against Webb Bell Buckle, a team play their first 11-man football game and also the team that is rated the lowest in class A. The schedule played by DCA during the first 2 weeks is not going to exactly put fear into any quality opponent. No question that Friendship Christian will be the prohibitive favorite against it DCA of this week. They will drop.

in reference to the mediocre history of TCA, sure we have had our share of down years. We are still a relatively Young School. With that being said, we played for the State Championship in 2010 in Division 1 class 1A. After moving to division 1 class 2A, TCA made the state semifinals in both 2013 and 2015. In 2014 we lost a second-round playoff game to the eventual state champion by Five Points. It was their toughest contest throughout the playoffs that year. TCA also featured two consecutive Division 1 class 2A Mr footballs. One of our players from the 2010 team just happens to have a fistful of NCAA National Championship rings that he wears. Not too bad for a school that has a mediocre history using your words.

So you’re saying history doesn’t matter right?  I mean, sprinkled in your history were losing seasons and short runs in the playoffs in a division where you had a decided advantage having players that chose to go to your school play against kids zoned to go to theirs. Right? No gold balls and more losing seasons as excellent ones. While they should be congratulated for the excellent ones the overall body of work isn’t worthy of “good” status. But, to my point,  HS teams can change dramatically year to year. DCA had its worst season in its 50 year history last season after making the playoffs 27 consecutive years and putting several gold and silver balls in the trophy case. None of that history mattered last season though. 

To your point about the schedule you have to play who’s on your schedule though. By the end of the year DCA could very well likely be a 7-3 or even a 9-1 team as the very young starters grow up a bit. This week, as I stated before, has been predicted as a very tough matchup against a very good opponent. By the end of the season they could possibly upset several teams ranked higher in preseason polls. 

1 hour ago, Playerscoach said:

So you’re saying history doesn’t matter right?  I mean, sprinkled in your history were losing seasons and short runs in the playoffs in a division where you had a decided advantage having players that chose to go to your school play against kids zoned to go to theirs. Right? No gold balls and more losing seasons as excellent ones. While they should be congratulated for the excellent ones the overall body of work isn’t worthy of “good” status. But, to my point,  HS teams can change dramatically year to year. DCA had its worst season in its 50 year history last season after making the playoffs 27 consecutive years and putting several gold and silver balls in the trophy case. None of that history mattered last season though. 

To your point about the schedule you have to play who’s on your schedule though. By the end of the year DCA could very well likely be a 7-3 or even a 9-1 team as the very young starters grow up a bit. This week, as I stated before, has been predicted as a very tough matchup against a very good opponent. By the end of the season they could possibly upset several teams ranked higher in preseason polls. 

Pump your brakes a little bit. I find it amusing that Reitz says he "figures" that a team will drop in the rankings, and lists sound, logical, and rational reasons for his assessment, which prompts a rant from you about the past history of TCA( which is irrelevant ), punctuated by your optimistic prognostication that DCA could finish 9-1. Yep, you left the door open for what you are about to receive.

17 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Pump your brakes a little bit. I find it amusing that Reitz says he "figures" that a team will drop in the rankings, and lists sound, logical, and rational reasons for his assessment, which prompts a rant from you about the past history of TCA( which is irrelevant ), punctuated by your optimistic prognostication that DCA could finish 9-1. Yep, you left the door open for what you are about to receive.

Rant? That itself is an emotional response. I posted stats and facts to support my point. Thank you for playing. Carry on. 

58 minutes ago, Playerscoach said:

Rant? That itself is an emotional response. I posted stats and facts to support my point. Thank you for playing. Carry on. 

OK, since you requested me to "carry on", I will. 

Emotional response? No... I'm in no way affiliated with TCA, or any other DII school for that matter.

Stats and facts...LOL, no. There are no stats to project the outcome of a season after the second week... DCA may very well go undefeated and win the gold ball, but there's zilch other than the open opportunity for them to do so in order to speculate that they will. You say 9-1... it's possible... if I say they lose every game hence, that's also possible, and if I say that TCA would mercy rule them by halftime, well that's possible also, if highly improbable.

This last part is just to clear up some things about TCA from an impartial perspective, since you felt the need to elaborate so thoroughly concerning their history. TCA is a small private school in Madison County. They "compete" primarily with USJ and JCS for students, along with a handful of smaller private schools, Madison Academic (magnet), Liberty (tech), and the Madison County system. The county system is a dumpster fire... academics are very bad, administration is not stable, and facilities are old and in disrepair. Madison is a good option, but is small. Liberty is individually ranked near the bottom of Tn. public schools. Those facts force the parents who "want more" for their children to pay for the privilege. The well to do segment usually support USJ and JCS (in that order) because of tradition. TCA is comprised of students not from the wealthy and entitled, but from those not willing to accept mediocre or worse for their children. The school that I support has ties with TCA back to their beginning with TSSAA in district and region play, and I can positively affirm for you that their advantage (your word) over their competition while in DI was never manipulated by recruiting players, hiring parents, paying tuitions, or otherwise illegal or immoral tactics. No school or fanbase that we have any history with has represented themselves better...period. The "history" of their athletic program needs no explanation. Football, baseball, boys and girls basketball, softball, soccer, and others have competed at the highest levels in the state, with many representatives of TCA going on to play at DI schools. To my knowledge, TCA has never been questioned or investigated for TSSAA infractions. 

Sorry to write a book, but thanks for allowing me to play. 

• Thanks 1