South Doyle 3-0 vs. Anderson County 2-1

MAVERICK1995

21 minutes ago, Longhorn72 said:

Wow hard to imagine Gibbs purposely trying to hurt kids. I Was told Coach Gillum played for coach Duncan and they gave a pretty good relationship. Looking forward to watching a hard fought clean game with AC and SD. It should be a fun exciting game. Good luck AC! Love the none district schedule this year! Clinton South Doyle Powell and Jefferson County.

Gillum played under Duncan briefly at Powell before leaving for AC.  Gillum and Matt Lowe were actually at Powell together for that brief time.  What could have been .......

I don't buy the stuff going around that Gibbs was trying to "hurt" anybody.  I know several guys on that staff.  They just aren't that kind of coaches.  Players get hurt in football.  It's a hazard of the game.  

8 hours ago, Yattiwilson said:

It depends on 2 things .

1) If they run there regular offense and trust in the backup QB. 56-10 south-doyle

2) If they don't  and they change what they have been doing, to try and protect him. 27-24 South-doyle.

I hate to give u 2 scores, but their is uncertainty on how to approach our QB loss. Be glad u dont play GIBBS, they was taking cheap shots and even 1 kid threw a punch at our LB . Nobody got thrown out, in fact it really seem like the Refs where on Gibbs side. They broke our QB'S leg and I heard they broke Seymour's QB's leg. So something must be happening  , I'm sure of it.

I know I heard about that with Gibbs sad....I think you are probably pretty close on the score I was wondering about the QB situation if it would effect you. Sorry to hear about QB hope he is ready on or before playoffs. I just hope we can learn something win or lose that will help us throughout the season. Good luck in this game and the season and hope both teams stay healthy!

3 hours ago, HTV said:

Gillum played under Duncan briefly at Powell before leaving for AC.  Gillum and Matt Lowe were actually at Powell together for that brief time.  What could have been .......

I don't buy the stuff going around that Gibbs was trying to "hurt" anybody.  I know several guys on that staff.  They just aren't that kind of coaches.  Players get hurt in football.  It's a hazard of the game.  

I'm not saying the coaching staff is bad, but they have a hand full of players that's giving the school a bad rep. I really wish I could show the film .. if u have someone on the staff, all they have to do is look at the last offensive play before half. Not their punt , but their last run play. 79, blocks our LB .. the play is over and 79 taps our LB to say good job. As there both standing there , 78 takes off in a quick sprint and plows our LB right in his back, trying to take him out of the game . You can't justify that, not when the players are standing still and clearly the play is over.

Edited by Yattiwilson
Missed words

19 hours ago, HTV said:

I completely agree! This is purely coincidence, and I do not believe the coaching staff is teaching or intentionally attempting to get QBs hurt.  

19 hours ago, Longhorn72 said:

Wow hard to imagine Gibbs purposely trying to hurt kids. I Was told Coach Gillum played for coach Duncan and they gave a pretty good relationship. Looking forward to watching a hard fought clean game with AC and SD. It should be a fun exciting game. Good luck AC! Love the none district schedule this year! Clinton South Doyle Powell and Jefferson County.

I've heard that Coach Gillum and Coach Duncan also get along really well. I know the few scrimmages I've seen between SD and AC Gillum and Duncan spent a long time talking to each other at the scrimmages. 

3 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Even with Rang out, SD should win this. AC will stick around for awhile, but I think SD wins by 2, maybe 3 TDs.

I can see that. I still think up to this point that this will be the best team SD will play, and Offensively AC seems a lot (not always) of the time to give Defense and DCs trouble. They have a lot of wrinkles and eye candy in their offense that gives high school kids trouble. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, haweanbula said:

I can see that. I still think up to this point that this will be the best team SD will play, and Offensively AC seems a lot (not always) of the time to give Defense and DCs trouble. They have a lot of wrinkles and eye candy in their offense that gives high school kids trouble

Agreed. I just think that AC is likely to run out of gas, much like they did against Powell.

• Upvote 1