Farragut ( 1 - 1 ) at Oak Ridge ( 1 - 2 )

WillieTheWildcats

Oak Ridge is back home playing their third tough Class 6-A opponent . The Farragut Admirals, coming off a bye week in which they beat Idle High in Beer Pong is rested and ready. The season started in exciting fashion with a come from behind 37 - 30 road victory over a good Bradley Central team. The Ads then stumbled and lost 24 - 13 to Knoxville West. West is one of many Knoxville area 5-A teams that could make it to state.

The Wildcats looked anemic in their first two game loses. However, OR sprang to life last Friday to defeat Campbell County 40 - 0. Stellar play was put in by # 14, # 20, # 44 and a pack of Cats who were getting their first significant playing time. Hopefully, the coaches continue to mix in new plays, new schemes and players.

This is going to be a very tough game for both teams. Let the discussion begin....

• Like 1

Idk. I hope the Admirals get a win but it’s a rivalry so... anything could happen.

farraguts biggest issue right now is the O line. Not the only issue but the biggest.  I don’t know enough about OR or Campbell County to know if OR turned things around on Friday or of they just played a not very good team. So I guess we will see. I agree it should be a tough game for both.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, bonkers said:

West, Powell, and South Doyle are better than anyone around here. At least that's what it looked like at the Jamboree.

I agree with you those are 3 complete football teams already playing at a high level. I think South Doyle lost their QB Friday for a significant time but should be back late in the season. 

Fulton maybe 0 - 3 but by the time we play them they will have several wins and be coming into typical Fulton form.

This is turning into a great 5-A race. Wide open racing so come on Wildcats hit the gas and ROAR! Work still to be done. RWR!

7 hours ago, Elitesports4 said:

For Farragut yo only lose 24-13 west scares me! I’m worried about our defense badly! 

Please explain the defense comment.

I thought the D played well against Hardin Valley, got left on the field TOO TOO TOO long at DB and showed improvement against Campbell County. I was really happy to see some new players get playing time and doing a good job.

Oh, about being worried in general, I think most of us are. We have some very tough games coming up starting with Farragut in which if we don't play our best it could get ugly. I just know we will play our best and put up a mighty Wildcat fight.

• Like 1

How good is OR at returning punts that get punted from the OR 30, CAUSE Farragut has been known to punt from there especially in the 4th quarter and they are behind. Farragut QB seems like he has been sacked more in 2 games then the whole season last year. Hopefully during the off week the coaches came up with a better offense than trying to run dive after dive with a 170 pound RB and not very physical line. They have to call plays that suit the players they have. Defense is pretty solid but #20 needs to get more reps on defense and they need to stop subbing in #16 for #1 on big plays. I watched to replay of the west game this morning while waiting on my flight and it still surprises my how often they sub #16 in on big plays #1 is obviously bigger, faster and stronger. I also like the 2 back set to help blocking. What good is it having all those receivers when the QB doesn't have time to throw it to them? This game could go either way.

3 minutes ago, DavidGlasgow said:

How good is OR at returning punts that get punted from the OR 30, CAUSE Farragut has been known to punt from there especially in the 4th quarter and they are behind. Farragut QB seems like he has been sacked more in 2 games then the whole season last year. Hopefully during the off week the coaches came up with a better offense than trying to run dive after dive with a 170 pound RB and not very physical line. They have to call plays that suit the players they have. Defense is pretty solid but #20 needs to get more reps on defense and they need to stop subbing in #16 for #1 on big plays. I watched to replay of the west game this morning while waiting on my flight and it still surprises my how often they sub #16 in on big plays #1 is obviously bigger, faster and stronger. I also like the 2 back set to help blocking. What good is it having all those receivers when the QB doesn't have time to throw it to them? This game could go either way.

That’s surprising to hear of a Admirals team struggling on the OL and being not very physical as you say. That’s usually one of Farragut’s strengths year in and year out. This is my favorite week of the year. For me, there’s nothing quite like the Farragut rivalry.

On 9/8/2019 at 1:04 PM, Bluegreymom said:

Idk. I hope the Admirals get a win but it’s a rivalry so... anything could happen.

farraguts biggest issue right now is the O line. Not the only issue but the biggest.  I don’t know enough about OR or Campbell County to know if OR turned things around on Friday or of they just played a not very good team. So I guess we will see. I agree it should be a tough game for both.

Oak Ridge played well missing 3 offensive starters and 1 on defense.  Oak Ridge did improve Friday night, but Campbell County is not good(and that's being kind)  They look like the pre-Price brothers Campbell County.