West Tennessee Teams get no credit

soccerplaya7

i was just wandering why west tenn teams dont get much support because i play for one and well the only on that gets any credit would be USJ(NO) i dont like them cause they seem like they are better than everybody since they are rich. but enough bout them is but i wish people would give west tenn teams more credit because i play for a team that has had a soccer program for 3 years now and we stink but i have played soccer for more than 12 years now and i would wish colleges look at all the teams instead of these big power house like franklin county and JCM... people really dont ever understand what im talking bout when i tell them but anyways..tell me what u think? :confused:

Please use appropriate language

[Edited by QueenBee on 12-5-02 6:26A]

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Houston, Germantown, Collierville, Christian Brothers, Bartlet were all well known teams across the state and still are for the most part. Now you have Cordova too. A team from Shelby County won state 5 years in a row starting in 1989 and Houston made it to the finals recently and Cordova made a good run into state last year. West Tennessee has always gotten much respect.

I play for Cordova and I will have to disagree with you soccerplaya7. West TN soccer teams have been getting a lot of recegnition for a while now. As stated before Houston High won state a few years in a row and were #1 in the nation for a couple of years.

I will say that these forums are based more on East TN but that is only because most of the members are from the east.

Oh and I would not consider JCM to be one of the most well known teams in west TN.

When I played the best teams in the state were Houston, CBHS, Germantown, Brentwood, Franklin, Hendersonville, Father Ryan, and Farragut and usually one team from Chattanooga. Baylor probably. Gallitan was usually a good team but only known as such in middle Tennessee because they played in such a tough district with 3 of the other teams I just mentioned. This was the early/mid 90s and really the only thing that has changed is that other teams have emerged and one or two will occasionally be down a year or two. It's actually more competitive across the state now. West Tennessee was well regarded then and is now. My school was always good but they had many seasons where they started the season slow. West Tenennessee and East Tennessee are both equally respected but middle Tennessee has always seemed to be the most competitive overall.

• 2 months later...

I can't figure out where your basic premise, West Tennessee Teams get no credit, came from. There've been years when west Tennessee teams have dominated the finals at several different classes. I'm trying to figure out who you're referring to as not giving the Memphis area respect.

Oh, I've also heard that USJ students were all "snobby rich kids". I think I heard it on this board.

[Edited by soccerpro1 on 2-1-03 9:57A]

I guess, every kid that goes to a private high school must be "rich and snobs". That would include teams like CBHS, FRA, DCA, MUS, ECS, etc...

Are we not confusing "rich and snobs" with "successfull and winners"?!?!

The money may get you into the school but it does not help much on the field...

Quit crying and just get better (that involves working hard!) ;)

i disagree...west TN has always been known for producing good club and high school teams...especially around the memphis area.

i also agree with UPS that middle TN seems to be where the most competition is and also that this site is maily members from the east which is why everything is so biased...oh well.

west tenn gets their pub and respect like all the rest.

• 1 month later...