West ( 4 - 0 ) at Oak Ridge ( 2 - 2 )

WillieTheWildcats

18 minutes ago, Elitesports4 said:

Been saying this for so Long! It’s insane running up the middle in a freaking pistol????! With two receivers??? Horrible man just horrible! Again deep balls was inaccurate again.. no Stewart idk what happened he got more passes last year with a better squad??? Playbook has been horrible for awhile now! I think the playbook needs a complete change!!!!! Starting with to be continued on next post.....

Defines to me what/why running up the middle in pistol is bad? Didn't West High do that? What would any WR have done against that squad tonight? Stewart may run a 5.2 fourty so not sure what that would accomplish  ?

7 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Yeah, we were pretty much outmanned at every position tonight. I agree with Elite though, I’d like to see both Jackson & Romano in the backfield some. Just gives a defense another guy to worry about. In our offense we are pretty much wasting Romano because our passing attack is really below average, so he’s not touching the ball hardly at all. Put him in the backfield along with Kendall and he’s touching the ball at least 5 times a game. 

Looks like the rest of our season against above average teams is just gonna have to be a ball control offense to keep the opposing teams offense off the field because our offense just isn’t able to sustain long drives. Sadly, there’s just not much to work with out there to be frank. On the bright side, Kendall Jackson is a baller. Imagine that kid as a SR with 2 full years in the weight room. We are looking at our next D1 athlete folks. That kid is a stud. He was punishing tacklers tonight and that’s a tough a$& defense he was putting a hurting on.

Didn't Romano haul In 8 passes last week for  2 tds? 

4 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Yeah, we were pretty much outmanned at every position tonight. I agree with Elite though, I’d like to see both Jackson & Romano in the backfield some. Just gives a defense another guy to worry about. In our offense we are pretty much wasting Romano because our passing attack is really below average, so he’s not touching the ball hardly at all. Put him in the backfield along with Kendall and he’s touching the ball at least 5 times a game. 

Looks like the rest of our season against above average teams is just gonna have to be a ball control offense to keep the opposing teams offense off the field because our offense just isn’t able to sustain long drives. Sadly, there’s just not much to work with out there to be frank. On the bright side, Kendall Jackson is a baller. Imagine that kid as a SR with 2 full years in the weight room. We are looking at our next D1 athlete folks. That kid is a stud. He was punishing tacklers tonight and that’s a tough a$& defense he was putting a hurting on.

Romano and Jackson in the backfield together might be a good idea but it wouldn't have mattered one bit tonight. You're right about ball control offense because OR HAS NO SPEED!!!!!!!  To me OR had to try to run it tonight because the West DBs were way faster and more athletic than the OR receivers. OR couldn't run it outside because those two SEC defenders were outside on each side so running up the middle was the only option, and it wasn't a good option.  I do agree about Jackson, he is a stud and he's tough. Unfortunately, he's not very fast.

4 minutes ago, CatskerS said:

Defines to me what/why running up the middle in pistol is bad? Didn't West High do that? What would any WR have done against that squad tonight? Stewart may run a 5.2 fourty so not sure what that would accomplish  ?

The OR receivers couldn't do anything against them. Stewart isn't very fast at all but I hope he runs better than a 5.2

1 minute ago, CatskerS said:

Didn't Romano haul In 8 passes last week for  2 tds? 

Yeah, he had a great game. I'd just like to see him in the backfield more. It just gives him more opportunities to touch the ball in my opinion. But he&*, what do I know? I'm just a fan on a HS message board ha. This is what us fans do. We think we have all the answers, when really we don't know jacksh&* lol

Its amazing as bad as the Oak Ridge offense is that they played right with one of the best teams in the state.Its 14-7 3rd qtr when the busted coverage gave West their last TD.Then offense gave them 3 pts.And I still don't know what happened on the 2nd TD by West.But I give the defense a lot of credit because the offense put them in bad spots over and over and they didn't quit.And the last 10 pts came after we lost our best Dlineman.I still don't have a clue as to what our DBs are being coached to do.We give WRs 10 yr cushion and then miss tackles.Why we would give up 5-10 yds so easy is beyond me and our DBs still get burnt deep.But the real problem is that offense.Without a doubt the play calling is still bad but the Oline don't help.K.Jackson was the best player we had tonight and had to break 2 or 3 tackles at the line of scrimmage to gain any yards.He will be a star the next couple of years if he keeps improving like he has.The pass game is so bad and I don't see it getting any better.Our QB throws into double and triple coverage way to much and just has a hard time finding the right guy.But in his defense the line is bad and the play calling is worse.Our OC is the WORST on 3rd or 4th and short.Huge play in 3rd qtr when its 3rd and short 2 at midfield and we throw a deep ball.The talent is not good enuff to compete with the best teams this yr but we can still coach way better on offense.And give Romano more carries.He is being wasted at WR if we cant get him the ball.He should get at least 10 carries a game

Just now, SweetScience said:

Yeah, he had a great game. I'd just like to see him in the backfield more. It just gives him more opportunities to touch the ball in my opinion. But he&*, what do I know? I'm just a fan on a HS message board ha. This is what us fans do. We think we have all the answers, when really we don't know jacksh&* lol

LOL....speak for yourself!!!!  (you're right though)

1 minute ago, SweetScience said:

Exxxactly.... put the best receivers on the team in the backfield... so their is no threat at all outside... talk about loading the box!

1 minute ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Its amazing as bad as the Oak Ridge offense is that they played right with one of the best teams in the state.Its 14-7 3rd qtr when the busted coverage gave West their last TD.Then offense gave them 3 pts.And I still don't know what happened on the 2nd TD by West.But I give the defense a lot of credit because the offense put them in bad spots over and over and they didn't quit.And the last 10 pts came after we lost our best Dlineman.I still don't have a clue as to what our DBs are being coached to do.We give WRs 10 yr cushion and then miss tackles.Why we would give up 5-10 yds so easy is beyond me and our DBs still get burnt deep.But the real problem is that offense.Without a doubt the play calling is still bad but the Oline don't help.K.Jackson was the best player we had tonight and had to break 2 or 3 tackles at the line of scrimmage to gain any yards.He will be a star the next couple of years if he keeps improving like he has.The pass game is so bad and I don't see it getting any better.Our QB throws into double and triple coverage way to much and just has a hard time finding the right guy.But in his defense the line is bad and the play calling is worse.Our OC is the WORST on 3rd or 4th and short.Huge play in 3rd qtr when its 3rd and short 2 at midfield and we throw a deep ball.The talent is not good enuff to compete with the best teams this yr but we can still coach way better on offense.And give Romano more carries.He is being wasted at WR if we cant get him the ball.He should get at least 10 carries a game

I also would like to see Romano get a few more carries, but still throw it to him because he's got great hands.