Freedom Prep vs Middle College (at Fairgrounds)

kwc

15 minutes ago, shockernation said:

No way...that was a half compliment for prep getting to the next level! In 3 games prep hasn’t even come close to stopping our O? I’ve seen the past prep more than anyone on these boards and they are athletic just don’t have the line play to keep it close! MC might finish 4th in 7A...doubtful! But those kids deserve success and all the little schools do! Remember I’m a former memphian and I’d love for all the little Memphis schools to have success...just short on resources and that’s unfortunate! 

The more they advance and go deep. The more they learn what it takes. Trezvant, and now Fairley have been consistently good as a Memphis small school.

Resources, smesources. They can do it. There is no reason why they can't. However, it takes a Herculean effort by a HC who knows how to win against region 7 opponents. Once the culture is in place, the studs will come. Teli White figured it out. Gene Robinson is figuring it out currently at Fairley. I'm wondering if the HC at FP has it in him. He's already attracting studs. I want to see him figure out the Lake Counties.

I digress ... this is the FP vs MC thread. I'mma stick to that. Worry about the rest later. Cause MC ain't having it.

2 minutes ago, kwc said:

The more they advance and go deep. The more they learn what it takes. Trezvant, and now Fairley have been consistently good as a Memphis small school.

Resources, smesources. They can do it. There is no reason why they can't. However, it takes a Herculean effort by a HC who knows how to win against region 7 opponents. Once the culture is in place, the studs will come. Teli White figured it out. Gene Robinson is figuring it out currently at Fairley. I'm wondering if the HC at FP has it in him. He's already attracting studs. I want to see him figure out the Lake Counties.

I digress ... this is the FP vs MC thread. I'mma stick to that. Worry about the rest later. Cause MC ain't having it.

Just trying to help your thread...MC and prep! I’ll let their abundance of posters keep this thread on the 1st page

12 hours ago, kwc said:

1a football isn’t about attracting studs. If you are getting players for football that is a violation and should be playing in districts with the private’s. But really who regulates Memphis schools? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MayoBottomHermit said:

1a football isn’t about attracting studs. If you are getting players for football that is a violation and should be playing in districts with the private’s. But really who regulates Memphis schools? 

The TSSAA. Who else is there?

Studs go where they go. Winning programs are full of them. Folks want to play where they can win. Nothing has changed. It has always been that way.

Regardlessof classification. Memphis is no different then any other city in TN. Knoxville, Nashville, Chattanooga. 1A football in Memphis will attract their fair share just like a 5A program.

The difference is always structural in support. Coaching. Things of that nature. Lord knows there are plenty of players to fill the need.

LC has played Freedom Prep 3 times the last two years. FP has not come close to beating LC. FP lost 5 starters to West Memphis,Ark. LC returns just about everyone from the 3 meetings. So unless FP has recruited more players then it will not be close. However Freedom Prep will probably win region 8 and go undefeated in the regular season because of a very weak schedule. I do think Middle College will score on them this week and it may actually be a decent game. 

No

31 minutes ago, kwc said:

The TSSAA. Who else is there?

Studs go where they go. Winning programs are full of them. Folks want to play where they can win. Nothing has changed. It has always been that way.

Regardlessof classification. Memphis is no different then any other city in TN. Knoxville, Nashville, Chattanooga. 1A football in Memphis will attract their fair share just like a 5A program.

The difference is always structural in support. Coaching. Things of that nature. Lord knows there are plenty of players to fill the need.

I have to disagree. In 1a football you play the kids that grow up in your town and go to school in your town. Studs from Mckenzie don’t play in Huntingdon. You play with the kids in your school year in and year out. Studs from Mckenzie don’t play in Huntingdon. Studs from Huntingdon don’t play in Camden. Heck, kids from Huntingdon won’t wear red and kids from Mckenzie won’t wear blue. Unless you are Greenback or in a area that play on the fringes of the rules that 97 or 98 percent that every else follows. 

11 minutes ago, MayoBottomHermit said:

No

I have to disagree. In 1a football you play the kids that grow up in your town and go to school in your town. Studs from Mckenzie don’t play in Huntingdon. You play with the kids in your school year in and year out. Studs from Mckenzie don’t play in Huntingdon. Studs from Huntingdon don’t play in Camden. Heck, kids from Huntingdon won’t wear red and kids from Mckenzie won’t wear blue. Unless you are Greenback or in a area that play on the fringes of the rules that 97 or 98 percent that every else follows. 

If you noticed, I don't equate Memphis with McKenzie. We are talking apples and oranges. Grow your town into a city of over 100,000 folks then let's compare. Otherwise, it is a whole different animal. That's why I mentioned Knoxville, Chatt, and Nashville in my last post, and them only. Huntimgdon, Camden, and who ever else you mentioned don't apply.

Edited by kwc

Just now, kwc said:

If you noticed, I don't equate Memphis with McKenzie. We are talking apples and oranges. Grow your town into a city of over 100,000 folks then let's compare. Otherwise, it is a whole different animal. That's why I mentioned Knoxville, Chatt, and Nashville in my last post, and them only. Huntimgdon, Camden, and who ever else you mentioned doesn't apply.

I know it’s apples and oranges as far as towns. But everyone has (should have) to play by the same rules as far as recruiting or playing kids that live in a certain area. If not you should have to play up or in division 2. That goes for all classes.