Freedom Prep vs Middle College (at Fairgrounds)

kwc

9 minutes ago, MayoBottomHermit said:

I know it’s apples and oranges as far as towns. But everyone has (should have) to play by the same rules as far as recruiting or playing kids that live in a certain area. If not you should have to play up or in division 2. That goes for all classes.

The rules are the same. But that's just it, they are rules. They have parameters. As long as the parameters are met, there are no violations

Do you know how many students transfer every semester? The numbers are staggering. I'm not talking for athletics. Yes, there some that are athletic, but the sheer volume that aren't is tremendous. 

Every transfer goes by the same rules. The TSSAA reviews them and if they comply with the rules and regulations of the TSSAA then they approve. If they don't, then they won't.

Students have transfer request denied every day, just like there are those that get approved.

Being in a large city is WAY different. You can't compare the two.

If you can't wrap your head around that then you are always going to think differently. Nothing else to say.

3 minutes ago, kwc said:

The rules are the same. But that's just it, they are rules. They have parameters. As long as the parameters are met, there are no violations

Do you know how many students transfer every semester? The numbers are staggering. I'm not talking for athletics. Yes, there some that are athletic, but the sheer volume that aren't is tremendous. 

Every transfer goes by the same rules. The TSSAA reviews them and if they comply with the rules and regulations of the TSSAA then they approve. If they don't, then they won't.

Students have transfer request denied every day, just like there are those that get approved.

Being in a large city is WAY different. You can't compare the two.

If you can't wrap your head around that then you are always going to think differently. Nothing else to say.

If you can’t abide by TSSAA rules do you have to transfer to West Memphis?:popcorneater:

Just now, MayoBottomHermit said:

If you can’t abide by TSSAA rules do you have to transfer to West Memphis?:popcorneater:

Actually, those in Memphis have other options. Arkansas is one. There is also MS. I know several MS schools that benefit from being on the borders of Memphis. Like other large cities, there are options galore.

1 hour ago, kwc said:

The TSSAA. Who else is there?

Studs go where they go. Winning programs are full of them. Folks want to play where they can win. Nothing has changed. It has always been that way.

Regardlessof classification. Memphis is no different then any other city in TN. Knoxville, Nashville, Chattanooga. 1A football in Memphis will attract their fair share just like a 5A program.

The difference is always structural in support. Coaching. Things of that nature. Lord knows there are plenty of players to fill the need.

You are correct about major metro areasbut the tiny towns like Huntingdung and Peabody do it in towns with pee wee football im towns of 3000 people so we arent " attracting studs" at all just develop develop develop !! Example region 7 populations are all tiny !!!

16 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

You are correct about major metro areasbut the tiny towns like Huntingdung and Peabody do it in towns with pee wee football im towns of 3000 people so we arent " attracting studs" at all just develop develop develop !! Example region 7 populations are all tiny !!!

Yeah, I understand what you are saying. In cities of Memphis size all across America, most players at most schools are playing in their community. They don't have a choice. Others chose, for whatever reason, to change schools. There are a myriad of reasons why this is happening.

The elite football player, however, is sought after. It starts in pee wee and in middle school. That's when you see the colors in the stands. The purple and gold of CBHS. The blue and red of MUS. The black and gold of Whitehaven, the green and White of Cordova, and etc. Because, when you go from middle school to high school, you can go where you want as a freshman. If the private schools are after you, you are elite.

Like I said earlier ... different.

Edited by kwc

3 minutes ago, kwc said:

Yeah, I understand what you are saying. In cities of Memphis size all across America, most players at most schools are playing in their community. They don't have a choice. Others chose, for whatever reason, to change schools. There are a myriad of reasons why this is happening.

The elite football player, however, is sought after. It starts in pee wee and in middle school. That's when you see the colors in the stands. The purple and gold of CBHS. The blue and red of MUS. The black and gold of Whitehaven, the green and White of Cordova, and etc. Because, when you go from middle school to high school, you can go where you want as a freshman. If the private schools are after you, you are elite.

Like I said earlier ... different.

wow man I wasnt aware !! Thanks for the education my friend !!! Thats crazy though !!!!

1 minute ago, PeabodyPride said:

wow man I wasnt aware !! Thanks for the education my friend !!! Thats crazy though !!!!

Case in point. Right now at Whitehaven there are three guys there who are being recruited to play SEC level football. They played middle school football at Havenview, a feeder school to Whithaven.

I remember conversations with coaches about them when they were in the 8th grade. The privates were after 2 of them HEAVILY. The coaches managed to convince the parents to have their sons to come play at Whithaven, and not one of the many private schools that made offers. It was a battle though.

That's life in the city.

26 minutes ago, kwc said:

Case in point. Right now at Whitehaven there are three guys there who are being recruited to play SEC level football. They played middle school football at Havenview, a feeder school to Whithaven.

I remember conversations with coaches about them when they were in the 8th grade. The privates were after 2 of them HEAVILY. The coaches managed to convince the parents to have their sons to come play at Whithaven, and not one of the many private schools that made offers. It was a battle though.

That's life in the city.

It doesn’t hurt that Whitehaven has great academics either.

36 minutes ago, MayoBottomHermit said:

It doesn’t hurt that Whitehaven has great academics either.

Whitehaven's more then athletics. It's a community thing. It is unique. Yes, Whithaven has good academics as well. It's more than that. The school values getting scholarships for it's many students. They do a tremendous job at it. But not just college, but post high school success. Not everyone is bound for college. So, there is emphasis put a non college careers as well. 

But this thread ISN'T about Whitehaven. Freedom Prep and Middle College.

Edited by kwc