Marshall Co @ Springfield

Kevin38

4 hours ago, Marshall1969 said:

What are some good eating places in Springfield?

4 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

The Depot on Main Street is the best place in town, IMO. The Catfish House and Torino’s Greek and Italian are the next best two. There’s an O’ Charley’s in town as well. 

And to add Ichiban Asian food thats good as well. Its on Memorial blvd behind waffle house

4 hours ago, Poundtherock23 said:

This game to me is a pick-em. It’s got two of the most consistent and toughest 4A programs in the mid-state over the past few years battling it out. Both teams are solid and well coached, should be a good game. I’m really glad this game is happening, it can only benefit both teams in the long run. 

How is the Jackets kicking game?

10 minutes ago, leadfarmer said:

How is the Jackets kicking game?

The best it’s been in 10 years or more. Field goal unit is solid, can hit from 45 and in. Kick-offs can go deep but sometimes don’t. I’ve never understood why they don’t go deep when they can, to me it kills you in the field position game. Punting is decent enough I guess when the snap is good. How’s MC’s special teams units?

4 minutes ago, Poundtherock23 said:

The best it’s been in 10 years or more. Field goal unit is solid, can hit from 45 and in. Kick-offs can go deep but sometimes don’t. I’ve never understood why they don’t go deep when they can, to me it kills you in the field position game. Punting is decent enough I guess when the snap is good. How’s MC’s special teams units?

Hopefully will be at full speed this week. Our #1 RB didn't play last week because of disciplinary reasons. We have one of the best Kickers in 4A he is just a junior. We have a great return team for anything that doesn't go into in end zone.

Looking forward to having Marshall County visit Springfield and the new stadium. We had the having a home field not on campus deal in common for a long time. I went down and saw Marshall host Knox Central in the semis in 2016. You guys have a lot of tradition at that place. Looking forward to what should be a great game. Let’s hope this is the first of two meetings for us this year, because you know where the second one would be!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2