Kenwood @ Henry County

PatriotNation

I was happy to see the backups play hard in the second half to preserve the shutout. I know it's a snooze fest for the average fan, but that's some really good experience for the younger guys.  

That said, we pretty much did what we were supposed to do tonight. Next week's game should be a lot more exciting. Hopefully get some revenge against those Red Devils.  

EDIT: And the homecoming/50th anniversary atmosphere was incredible tonight. Kudos to everyone past and present who showed up. 

Edited by MSURacer

34 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

I was happy to see the backups play hard in the second half to preserve the shutout. I know it's a snooze fest for the average fan, but that's some really good experience for the younger guys.  

That said, we pretty much did what we were supposed to do tonight. Next week's game should be a lot more exciting. Hopefully get some revenge against those Red Devils.  

EDIT: And the homecoming/50th anniversary atmosphere was incredible tonight. Kudos to everyone past and present who showed up. 

Yup... packed house at patriot stadium.  We won 56-0 and out #1 running back #5 didn't even play. Imagine if coach had put the foot on the has and never let up. Could have looked like the Oakland Patriots.    Minus the 14 kenwood scored on them. :-)

10 minutes ago, TheNoisyPatriot said:

Yup... packed house at patriot stadium.  We won 56-0 and out #1 running back #5 didn't even play. Imagine if coach had put the foot on the has and never let up. Could have looked like the Oakland Patriots.    Minus the 14 kenwood scored on them. :-)

More than welcome to put us on the schedule so we can settle who the better Patriots are. FWIW, top 2 backs didn't even play against Kenwood. Creasy would just rather get the JV experience than run it up but they legit had a shot at 100 if he wanted to.

At any rate, congrats to HC. Don't think you guys will get seriously challenged against till 2nd or 3rd of playoffs

4 minutes ago, TheNoisyPatriot said:

Yes sir! It was a heck of a game by all 3 phases up and down the roster. Can’t wait to see how we respond against Germantown next week. We seem to be humming along and hitting mid season form.

Even with #5 out, J. Johnson had a heck of game with 3 rushing TDs and the QB Damron had another impressive showing as well. Also gotta give some love to E. Bona. He showed out in the 2nd half. Love having him at punter and backup QB, but that kid has some wheels. Kinda makes me wish we would try him at another position just to have him on the field. Seems to be a solid athlete. 

7 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

More than welcome to put us on the schedule so we can settle who the better Patriots are. FWIW, top 2 backs didn't even play against Kenwood. Creasy would just rather get the JV experience than run it up but they legit had a shot at 100 if he wanted to.

At any rate, congrats to HC. Don't think you guys will get seriously challenged against till 2nd or 3rd of playoffs

I would love to play Oakland. Wouldn’t like our chances most years, especially this one, but I’d love to play them. Same with Whitehaven (and I’ve been wishing  for that one for years). And same reason I was looking forward to the Brentwood game. They’re just good programs. 

I think Oakland is the apex of TN high school football this year, but...and I’m going way back here for some ole fashioned ribbing, some of us will never forget state champion Oakland’s lone loss in 1998 :mrgreen:

17 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

I would love to play Oakland. Wouldn’t like our chances most years, especially this one, but I’d love to play them. Same with Whitehaven (and I’ve been wishing  for that one for years). And same reason I was looking forward to the Brentwood game. They’re just good programs. 

I think Oakland is the apex of TN high school football this year, but...and I’m going way back here for some ole fashioned ribbing, some of us will never forget state champion Oakland’s lone loss in 1998 :mrgreen:

TN HS Football is at its best when it's elite programs play each other. At the end of the day, I think Oakland and HC are pretty similar in what they're trying to do from game to game. I'd gladly pay college fb prices to see HC and Whitehaven mix it up

We actually lost 2 games that year, lost to Riverdale at the end of the regular season as well , but got our revenge in the playoffs. 

19 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

TN HS Football is at its best when it's elite programs play each other. At the end of the day, I think Oakland and HC are pretty similar in what they're trying to do from game to game. I'd gladly pay college fb prices to see HC and Whitehaven mix it up

We actually lost 2 games that year, lost to Riverdale at the end of the regular season as well , but got our revenge in the playoffs. 

They are indeed similar in their approach and philosophies, although both seem a little more pass inclined offensively the last couple of years.

Unrelated, but Creasy coached here as an assistant way back when. I’m glad we ultimately hired Counce Sr back in 2010, but Creasy was one of my top choices during that search. Glad he’s having success. 

Ahhh, forgot about Riverdale. They were basically the Maryville of that era though, so I don’t mind sharing that feat with them lol 

3 hours ago, MSURacer said:

Yes sir! It was a heck of a game by all 3 phases up and down the roster. Can’t wait to see how we respond against Germantown next week. We seem to be humming along and hitting mid season form.

Even with #5 out, J. Johnson had a heck of game with 3 rushing TDs and the QB Damron had another impressive showing as well. Also gotta give some love to E. Bona. He showed out in the 2nd half. Love having him at punter and backup QB, but that kid has some wheels. Kinda makes me wish we would try him at another position just to have him on the field. Seems to be a solid athlete. 

Not gonna lie I was dreading eli bonna after he threw 2 pics back to back in last years scrimmage with Milan.  But he has turned me into a FAN. The young man just wants to get in there somewhere. His QB keeper is actually really good. I think Damron is the man for the job still. A guy that good we can develop and grow 3 more years.. with the rite guys he could help take us to cookville any of those years.  But definitely a bona fan no doubt. 

Great team win. Defense was dominant, again. Outside of the one long run Kenwood had, they stopped them all night. KW also didn’t help themselves out much with all the penalties. Offense looked great, especially considering 5 didn’t play, and 8 didn’t play on that side of the ball. 48 ran angry. 12 throws a beautiful ball, and always seems to make the right reads. Impressive for a freshman. 15 made some huge plays at receiver and I thought the backup QB  looked good running the ball. 4 had the hit of the night breaking up a KW pass. Great crowd. Was a really good night for homecoming. Loved seeing Coach Cullivan get recognized out there.