Clinton vs Oak Ridge...

WillieTheWildcats

The Wildcats have moved on from last week a lot quicker than the week before. Good to see! I’m gonna say OR wins this one!

OR by several.....

As for my Falcons, not much to say. Last week we hit an all time low.... yes, I realize we have been bad in the past but my word. I knew it would be tough sledding this year but never thought we would lose to a Karns team that has given up as many points as they. Hopefully we can right the ship and get a 4 spot.

Edited by KnoxVil

3 hours ago, KnoxVil said:

The Wildcats have moved on from last week a lot quicker than the week before. Good to see! I’m gonna say OR wins this one!

OR by several.....

As for my Falcons, not much to say. Last week we hit an all time low.... yes, I realize we have been bad in the past but my word. I knew it would be tough sledding this year but never thought we would lose to a Karns team that has given up as many points as they. Hopefully we can right the ship and get a 4 spot.

Can you give us any insight as to what's going on with Fulton? First of all, if you went to the Karns game, has Karns improved a lot? Second, I know Fulton, like OR, lost lots of great players, but normally Fulton just reloads. What are the reasons for the drastic fall from the top?

25 minutes ago, bonkers said:

Can you give us any insight as to what's going on with Fulton? First of all, if you went to the Karns game, has Karns improved a lot? Second, I know Fulton, like OR, lost lots of great players, but normally Fulton just reloads. What are the reasons for the drastic fall from the top?

Youth and a lot of injuries to key players from what I've heard.

3 hours ago, bonkers said:

Karns has a couple of playmakers at the skill positions, but overall, they aren't very good especially up front. They got absolutely dominated in the trenches against Powell, Halls, and West.

Fulton has had a ton of key injuries, which really hurts when you're young and don't have a lot of depth. I think the hope was that they could survive until they got healthy, since they only had 2 region games in the first 7 weeks. That's obviously not going to happen. They played incredibly well against Central, but that looks like an aberration now. The wheels literally came off in the second half against AE, and the performance against Karns was just a continuation of that.

Im worried about this game for my Wildcats.First off it would just mean so much more to Clinton right now and beating Oak Ridge would make their yr.Most of the Oak Ridge kids don't get pumped up for this game anymore than the others we have played.Next our offense just is not gonna score a lot of pts.I hate to say it but I will be surprised if we go over 35 again the rest of the yr.Everything seemed to go our way vs CC to hit 40 pts.Other than that game our avg is a sad 10 pts a game.3 games out of 5 we couldn't score more than 7.So when u cant score pts its hard to take any team lightly.And lastly Miner has always struggled vs any kind of option offense.The defense was awful last yr vs Clinton.Seems like they would get 3 yards a play and then go for it on 4th and get it.Doing that it killed a lot of time.If they do that this yr vs a defense that's not as good it will limit our touches on Offense which only makes it harder for our struggling offense to get pts.Starting off good is gonna be huge in this game for many reasons.Im loving what Im seeing from K.Jackson and with a little blocking he could have a big game.We cannot lose the line of scrimmage.Go Cats

Edited by STILLNUM1

9 hours ago, bonkers said:

The Fulton fans tell me besides being so young that they have lost a lot of kids to other schools.Said kids in Knox Co can pick any school they want and dont have to go to the school they are zoned for