100th game Rockwood @ Harriman

Jet Pride

4 hours ago, orngnblk said:

OS punched 23 right in front of the ref and in front of us,sideline went nuts ref just looked at us and let it go.Seen the refs let alot go this year.

Not beginning a “ref” discussion but too many of these guys don’t care what kind of job they do. If they threw the HC out then they should be subject to if they missed flagrant calls the refs should sit out or be fined. It’s sad they have no repercussions for bad calls. They say can’t get enough refs I say quit having 7 man crews, let home teams run clock-did for years- and recruit teachers, coaches and former players. 

18 minutes ago, Turu said:

Not beginning a “ref” discussion but too many of these guys don’t care what kind of job they do. If they threw the HC out then they should be subject to if they missed flagrant calls the refs should sit out or be fined. It’s sad they have no repercussions for bad calls. They say can’t get enough refs I say quit having 7 man crews, let home teams run clock-did for years- and recruit teachers, coaches and former players. 

Well it is kind of dead on these threads so I'm going to go one further. Larry Hunt who has been an official for years and years actually was an official back when I played softball about 15 years ago was right in front of us when OS tried to run a screenplay and and we got in the play and he threw it to the down marker and one of their lineman was down past the yard marker blocking one of our defensive backs and of course we're yelling lineman downfield he walks over to the Daily Times Reporter standing in front of us who have been actually talking to us the whole game,he says these guys act like they know what they're talkin about And the reporter looks at him and says number so-and-so was already passed the first down marker he said he was down field and so the official just turns around and looks at us he just Shrugged his shoulders.

Edited by orngnblk

6 hours ago, orngnblk said:

OS punched 23 right in front of the ref and in front of us,sideline went nuts ref just looked at us and let it go.Seen the refs let alot go this year.

Watched a gb lineman through a punch and use facemasks to take off helmets. Acting all innocent is not flying. It was a dirty game on both sides refs let alot go. 

15 minutes ago, bfl96 said:

Watched a gb lineman through a punch and use facemasks to take off helmets. Acting all innocent is not flying. It was a dirty game on both sides refs let alot go. 

Yeah he got a couple penalties for that but you all had a problem with helmets falling off even if somebody wouldn't even touch them I believe I check into those chin straps blackhelmet was talking about. I never seen so many helmets laying on the ground throughout the whole game.

Edited by orngnblk

12 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Yeah he got a couple penalties for that but you all had a problem with helmets falling off even if somebody wouldn't even touch them I believe I check into those chin straps blackhelmet was talking about. I never seen so many helmets laying on the ground throughout the whole game.

It's funny that the helmets that came off just happened to be the person in front of this particular lineman just a coincidence I guess

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bfl96 said:

It's funny that the helmets that came off just happened to be the person in front of this particular lineman just a coincidence I guess

Not the only one but most of them. I did see the same lineman do a spin move and his hat just fell off that's why I said I seen more than that. There's no doubt 52 got a couple penalties for getting ahold of the face mask. I'd say him being 6 6 in the other guy being really short didn't help anyting.