D 1 Class A Region 7 pick the top 6

WhereYouAt

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 11:02 AM, HawkGuy06 said:

Yeap! Only things is #Madison lost to Crockett County last night. So they will drop! CC is 9-6 I believe, so that’s a bad lose! 

I don't think they will drop to far since Crockett County is a AA team & they beat them before as well. The funny thing about basketball is any team can get hot on any given night so cant take teams lightly. I'm looking forward to McKenzie & Humboldt Saturday night to see how the young Vikings against a good team at their gym, only going to make them better.  

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, 87vikingalumni said:

I don't think they will drop to far since Crockett County is a AA team & they beat them before as well. The funny thing about basketball is any team can get hot on any given night so cant take teams lightly. I'm looking forward to McKenzie & Humboldt Saturday night to see how the young Vikings against a good team at their gym, only going to make them better.  

Yea I agree! Madison came out to play last night against South Gibson. They(Madison) was hitting on all cylinders. They beat them 79-60 

5 hours ago, dmm88 said:

I will be at that Humboldt-McKenzie game Saturday. Good chance to see them against a decent opponent. 

I think Humboldt is Going to shock some teams come tournament time, a very young team with only two seniors & no starters returning from last year! I don’t think they are ready for McKenzie but will only make them better down the road! 

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 2:23 PM, volsandtitans1 said:

Welcome you guys that are coming to McKenzie Saturday. Safe travels.  Will see you there. 

I saw were McKenzie beat Humboldt by 15 was the game a blow-out from start to finish or did McKenzie pull away in the 4th quarter. I knew Humboldt wouldn't win this game due to having a young team but hopefully they will continue to improve every game. Humboldt will most likely finish 3rd or 4th in District 14A but anything could happen during tournament.

Edited by 87vikingalumni
Corrections

McKenzie is the REAL deal!!!!! Barring anything drastic happening, they are a LOCK for state. Very good guard play, #1 should get a offer or two from a D1 if he plays well in Murfreesboro, I don't care what his height and measurables are. He's a ball player. #5 impressed me as well. Strong kid who gets to the rim and has a good shot. D2 and NAIA coaches should be in hot pursuit. #25 is your lefty, undersized post player (reminded me of the Reed kid who played a SS a few years back) but #25 is a better athlete. He should play somewhere as well. Humboldt had some bright moments when they locked in defensively, but there were way too many possessions offensively that they couldn't capitalize on. Very young team, but I think they will make a run 

25 minutes ago, dmm88 said:

McKenzie is the REAL deal!!!!! Barring anything drastic happening, they are a LOCK for state. Very good guard play, #1 should get a offer or two from a D1 if he plays well in Murfreesboro, I don't care what his height and measurables are. He's a ball player. #5 impressed me as well. Strong kid who gets to the rim and has a good shot. D2 and NAIA coaches should be in hot pursuit. #25 is your lefty, undersized post player (reminded me of the Reed kid who played a SS a few years back) but #25 is a better athlete. He should play somewhere as well. Humboldt had some bright moments when they locked in defensively, but there were way too many possessions offensively that they couldn't capitalize on. Very young team, but I think they will make a run 

agree

50 minutes ago, dmm88 said:

Thanks, I figured the inexperience of Humboldt on offense would be a probably since they lost everybody from last year, all of their scoring. I think the Viking will eventually build up confidence on the offensive side and figure out who's going to step up and be an offensive present especially in the crunch.  The guards need to build confidence and learn how to attack & not just attacking & not being decisive to shot or pass. I think once they cut down on the turnovers, find who's going to be the go to player in close games they will be alright. Also, Humboldt needs to find a core group of players ( about eight) who are going to carry the team, right now the coaches are playing a lot of players & to me that sometimes breaks up the chemistry/ flow of game. Humboldt will be tough the next couple of years but this year will be a rebuilding year for sure but I see them at least making it to the regional tournament because the coach will have them playing defense for sure.    

• 4 weeks later...

Well, the 14A district Tournament starts next week with the final seeding's:

1. Madison Academic Magnet

2. Trenton

3. Humboldt

4. Gibson County

5. Middleton

6. Halls

If, I wrong will someone correct me but I think the #1 & #2 seeds get a bye, #3 plays #6 & #4 & #5 plays. The  #1seed will play the lowest rank team out of the winners. I think there's going to be a couple upsets but the final four (4) in this district will be Madison, Trenton, Humboldt & Middleton. This is my prediction of outcome of district 14A tournament;

District Champs-  Madison Academic Magnet

District runner-up- Humboldt ( young team peaking at the right time & could pull of championship.)

3rd place- Middleton

4th- Trenton

1 hour ago, 87vikingalumni said:

Well, the 14A district Tournament starts next week with the final seeding's:

1. Madison Academic Magnet

2. Trenton

3. Humboldt

4. Gibson County

5. Middleton

6. Halls

If, I wrong will someone correct me but I think the #1 & #2 seeds get a bye, #3 plays #6 & #4 & #5 plays. The  #1seed will play the lowest rank team out of the winners. I think there's going to be a couple upsets but the final four (4) in this district will be Madison, Trenton, Humboldt & Middleton. This is my prediction of outcome of district 14A tournament;

District Champs-  Madison Academic Magnet

District runner-up- Humboldt ( young team peaking at the right time & could pull of championship.)

3rd place- Middleton

4th- Trenton

Let me ask you something, where is the region this year?