D 1 Class A Region 7 pick the top 6

WhereYouAt

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

I see a (13-12)Peabody beat McKenzie(23-3) tonight 85-74

At this point of the season records don’t mean anything just which teams have gotten better over the last couple of months! District 14A is a tough district and these teams have to play every night which only makes them better! Trenton record is like that because the football players didn’t join team until around December & they had a couple of transfers ( a 6’6 post player) that couldn’t play until after Christmas. If, you look at their schedule they lost nine (9) games before x-mas and they lost to McKenzie by 35 the first game without a lot of starters (State Football Champs). Since after x-mas they are 11-3! The best thing for McKenzie is that they probably want have any competition but West Carrol from District & Regions but both should make it to State in my opinion! I think district 13A & 14A will be battle tested but still will have to go through Memphis to make it to the glass house, so their route will be much harder! 

Humboldt Vikings are 9-12 but a very young team with Freshmen, sophomores & juniors playing but is getting better! Vikings last two (2) was against Trenton & Madison Academic Magnet & had opportunity to win both games but missed FT’s in the last minute of both games! District 14A is going to be very interesting!!!

1 hour ago, 87vikingalumni said:

At this point of the season records don’t mean anything just which teams have gotten better over the last couple of months! District 14A is a tough district and these teams have to play every night which only makes them better! Trenton record is like that because the football players didn’t join team until around December & they had a couple of transfers ( a 6’6 post player) that couldn’t play until after Christmas. If, you look at their schedule they lost nine (9) games before x-mas and they lost to McKenzie by 35 the first game without a lot of starters (State Football Champs). Since after x-mas they are 11-3! The best thing for McKenzie is that they probably want have any competition but West Carrol from District & Regions but both should make it to State in my opinion! I think district 13A & 14A will be battle tested but still will have to go through Memphis to make it to the glass house, so their route will be much harder! 

Humboldt Vikings are 9-12 but a very young team with Freshmen, sophomores & juniors playing but is getting better! Vikings last two (2) was against Trenton & Madison Academic Magnet & had opportunity to win both games but missed FT’s in the last minute of both games! District 14A is going to be very interesting!!!

I agree! Records means nothing! So Trenton is similar to Haywood. Team is much better than the record shows. It should be interesting 

3 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

I agree! Records means nothing! So Trenton is similar to Haywood. Team is much better than the record shows. It should be interesting 

Yes, they are starting to get in basketball shape and playing better as a group. McKenzie beat them by 35 points at beginning of season due to reason I mention and then lose by 11 that's a 46 point swing. Humboldt also is beginning to play better with a very young team and just might upset somebody in tournament but depends on if the young team can put together four (4) quarters and finish games in last minutes. Vikings had Madison & Trenton beat but couldn't hit FT's when they counted, Madison beat them by 35 earlier and had to fight to hold Vikings off the last game. Everybody starts at 0-0 come tournament time & anything can happen.

12 minutes ago, 87vikingalumni said:

Yes, they are starting to get in basketball shape and playing better as a group. McKenzie beat them by 35 points at beginning of season due to reason I mention and then lose by 11 that's a 46 point swing. Humboldt also is beginning to play better with a very young team and just might upset somebody in tournament but depends on if the young team can put together four (4) quarters and finish games in last minutes. Vikings had Madison & Trenton beat but couldn't hit FT's when they counted, Madison beat them by 35 earlier and had to fight to hold Vikings off the last game. Everybody starts at 0-0 come tournament time & anything can happen.

Yea I seen that Madison versus Trenton. Madison was down 2 & a Madison player hit that 3 in the final seconds to give Madison a 1 point win. 

8 hours ago, 87vikingalumni said:

Let's be real.  Humboldt didn't challenge Peabody at all .  We let up late in game after going up 18 points

Peabody is very young also.  District tournament will be interesting. Roll Tide