McCallie @ Baylor

oldwiseone

43 minutes ago, baylorbigdog1976 said:

I watched the game - was a good one.

im not ready to crown anyone at this moment but B and M look great. Baylor has proven itself as a contender.

one of those teams is overdue but can’t rule out Memphis , Nashville trio or even KC this year at this point.

I agree except I don’t think Catholic knows how to stop mccallies offensive. So they better hope they don’t meet McCallie or they are out. 

2 hours ago, baylorbigdog1976 said:

I don’t think Baylor is the favorite in any of them - this is your first rodeo in d2aaa - I admire you jumping on the bandwagon but the season is far from over for any of the teams 

ba is one Bad quarter and 1 play away from being undefeated - Knox Catholic May be getting all their pieces together but this year is far from certain 

McCallie is not a clear favorite either even if they go undefeated 

every week produces some surprises and a little bit of a clearer pic of what we are dealing with. The only certainty is the playoffs will be fun. Heck ba may not even make it to the playoffs 

Spartys newly found school to pull for....will b favored over at TRF's 2AA Rams next week by a fair bit......Catholic North has to b a slight favorite the week after(even bein played at suk creek campus)....as of today MBA is probably a slight underdog.....and BA will have to b favored in the last regular season game.....and if BA has Williams back, quessin its not unrealistic that its by a couple.........and BBD76 is right bout that bandwagon jump....when Webb got put in that new D2-AA division and started losin.....Sparty goggle went from green to red warp speed like

.....and u cant play that what if & hypo theryitical game bout BA's bad qtr....specially w/ Sparty.....Sparty in the Master What if Hypoteryiticalist.....if ND has all 7 of its starters that are out.....the Irish win the Gold Ball this year

...and u r right bout The Ted Turner School....goin undefeated sure dont make the Tornadoes the favorite to get it all......and how many times these 2 Chattanooga Big Dogs have gone 0 or 1 loss season only to get it tworted by a school from the middle or west early in the playoffs.....but Booger would luv to b havin the season they both r havin right now...regardless of how week a schedule is

.....and yes.....this divisions weeks ahead should b full of surprises and shockers......just like the D2-AA has already been.....tho Booger thinkin this division has been kinda bland with surprises so far .....maybe the Big Baptist out west bein undefeated and Catholic Norths W over BA.....

.....dont sweat BA not makin playoffs....for christ sake u can make the D2-AAA playoffs at 0-10....

Booger just sayin :roll:

21 minutes ago, Spartan4Life said:

I agree except I don’t think Catholic knows how to stop mccallies offensive. So they better hope they don’t meet McCallie or they are out. 

We have made some defensive changes since that game and we were without Winton and I think  Jarmon the MCCallie game. Those are two huge pieces of our offense.

McCallie vs. Baylor remarkably seemed to somehow exceed the considerable hype. A great game from all indications. Too bad the local CW television broadcast of it isn't available on demand.

What a statline for Baylor RB Elijah Howard. 19 carries, 146 yards, two TDs; three receptions, 80 yards, TD. And that was in a losing effort. McCallie QB DeAngelo Hardy was on target, 16/21 passing for 294 yards and three TDs to go with 16 carries for 73 yards.

The highlights reveal some spectacular plays by both sides. I'm curious about the McCallie lateral which looked more like a forward pass on the hudl wide shot. It had to have been ruled a fumble, right?

WRCB-TV  highlights:

McCallie hudl recap video (22 second mark for the fumble/lateral): http://www.hudl.com/v/2C0ues

McCallie might not have to play off campus again until the state championship game, should the Blue Tornado make it that far. Their remaining three regular-season games are all at home.

6 hours ago, LouPickney said:

Not anymore. For 2019, it's the top four of the six in II-AAA West and the top four of the six in II-AAA East who make the playoffs.

As the world turns - these last few weeks will be interesting 

I see a few intriguing storylines playing out if McCallie enters the last game undefeated. This is looking ahead but interesting to ponder....

With BA possibly on the ropes do they rest their starters against Ensworth? It’s a log jam at the 1-2/ 2-1 mark in the Middle / East. It’s about as clear as mud

The West is pretty well sorted out 

Edited by baylorbigdog1976

4 hours ago, baylorbigdog1976 said:

As the world turns - these last few weeks will be interesting 

I see a few intriguing storylines playing out if McCallie enters the last game undefeated. This is looking ahead but interesting to ponder....

With BA possibly on the ropes do they rest their starters against Ensworth? It’s a log jam at the 1-2/ 2-1 mark in the Middle / East. It’s about as clear as mud

The West is pretty well sorted out 

I don’t think the Eagles rest against Ensworth.  I’ve seen both up close and personal.  BA will dominate both lines of scrimmage.  All Ensworth  DAWGS are skill players and not on the line.  Ensworth QB is an athlete....not a passer.  BA will get enough rest in second half.  Ryan ran for over 150 yds on them....Father Ryan!

McCallie, Baylor, BA, Ensworth rep the middle/east.  KC, although they get their second division win against Ryan, won’t make the playoffs.

30 minutes ago, Booger said:

not so sure bout that finish...and it sure want b in that order.....tho Ted Turners School has to b in the lead to b E1

Booger just sayin;)

I’ll bite.  What order do you envision?  BA beats Baylor (absolutely possible)?  Even in that case,   Swap them out and Ensworth still finishes 4.  KC looked better than a team beaten by Ensworth on ESPN but I don’t think they stop Howard and Baylor so I’m removing that from my thinking.

whatcha got?

3 hours ago, PurplePanther said:

I’ll bite.  What order do you envision?  BA beats Baylor (absolutely possible)?  Even in that case,   Swap them out and Ensworth still finishes 4.  KC looked better than a team beaten by Ensworth on ESPN but I don’t think they stop Howard and Baylor so I’m removing that from my thinking.

whatcha got?

McCallie E1 ....not sure how the rest of the order pans out....go back up to top of this page and u can read how Boogeer visions part of this rappin up......thinkin that Catholic North is E3 or E4......thinkin only way Catholic doesnt get in......is if there is a tie sumhow between them and Ensworth....and the catholic loss to ensworth kicks them

....thinkin Catholic and BA have the highest chance to win out

Catholic North dont have to stop Howard and Baylor......McCallie didnt completely......but they stopped him enuff and McCallie wasnt stopped by Baylor.....and tho the game is played the Suk Creek campus.....Suk Creek want stop Catholic North

Booger just sayin :mrgreen: