East Robertson and Trousdale County

football6

9 hours ago, RTD said:

When was last time Forrest won anything? Sounds like jealousy and that's a female trait. We did loss to Watertown and then beat them and went to Cookville. If Forrest played Watertown or FC they would have lost to both of them and would have lost to Watertown in playoffs. TC played Forrest region games we would be undefeated too. Until your teams gets a gold ball or even a silver Ball or even make it to semifinals then We can compare teams. By the way, look up the history of TN high school football and the most winningest programs in the state and TC is at least top 5 so yea TC is the standard.

I love how you dropped into Carl Jung mode there for a minute

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

Im thinking of trying my hand at something for us like this. If we want to achieve greatness you have to go above and beyond. As you read on the other thread. Having success starts in flag football leagues these days. Parents and kids have to sacrifice much to compete with folks like TC and water towns and even more to compete with the alcoas and maryvilles. They plan from junior pro. They hold kids back till they graduate at 19. They allow open enrollment if you pay the money. They hire football coaches for DOS that will......well do anything to win. LOL thats just facts GBO. If you know me Im that crazy about westmoreland football but few are these days. On a side note the Westmoreland alum is doing a great job as head coach at Forrest. He will have the enthusiasm to build that place to higher levels. Hes an Ole school eagle. 

Let me know! I'd be interesting in talking a little football for sure!

1 hour ago, steelcityroller said:

There are many variables that go into it that is for sure. There are many reasons that are demographic and really they can't be controlled by the schools.

I read an article not long ago talking about how income makes a big difference in high school sports. They said that in studies they shown that in high school football the teams that were from areas with above average income won almost 90% of the time against teams that were from below average income areas. For a multitude of reasons including funding, equipment, facilities, parental involvement etc.

Then you have the makeup of the community. Is your area a place where people own or do they rent? In areas where you have more people renting it is often reflected in their sports programs. Because kids are coming and going and not building any attachments to the 

Did the article mention having a DOS that used to be the head football coach having anything todo with winning?

TC offense is getting better and improving every game. Also, no turnovers that a moat important stat and over 400 rushing yards. But my hat is off to ER great WR well worth the admission just to watch Groves man he can go up and get the ball no matter how good the coverage is and he can take a hit and never goes down on the first contact he is the best player TC has played against so far this year and only a sophomore wow!!!!