East Ridge vs Anderson County

Mavericksinflight

1 minute ago, HSFBfan1977 said:

That’s pretty good. Where did you find this?  Do they throw the ball a lot?  They didn’t against SD.

AC is running and throwing the ball both. In some games they are basically only throwing it and in other games they have almost exclusively ran the ball. I know against Hixson the entire 1st half they threw like 2 maybe 3 passes. SD they like you said almost exclusively ran the ball the whole game, and I know at the Howard game they did nothing but basically throw the ball. Seems that the coaches are determining what they think will be most effective style of offense against each team and sticking with it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, HSFBfan1977 said:

That’s pretty good. Where did you find this?  Do they throw the ball a lot?  They didn’t against SD.

Hudl. Com site. I think they felt a more balanced attack with SD. Conserve energy on both sides allowing to finish ahead. Powell could have easily and some say should have been a blow out and based on a 28-12 lead by Mavs is a good assumption.  But young players early in season and just ran out of steam. All the credit goes to Powell for that Great comeback of the year.  Great team make Great comebacks. I think the Mavs have found a great balance for the playoff run.  

29 minutes ago, MavMan05 said:

He throws some pretty balls. Looks like the QB and WR’s are on the same page. You can tell they put a lot of work in running Great routes and throwing. 

Yeah he is sharp and his receivers are spot on.  He manages to find the open guy's.  He must have paid quite  attention to Martin last year.  He really is getting better each game. 

36 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Yeah and this years team doing so well I would have to think the next few years are going to be good. Freshman are really stepping up.  

Yea, AC got something to work with in the future. What we got about 7 to 8 seniors starting this year about 4 seniors goes both ways?  I think most is linemen. 

Edited by MavMan05
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Good luck to the Senators as I think they play Robertsville for the championship tonight. 

Mavs have some great prospects coming in next few years. 

The Senators lost in overtime tonight. Had the tying touchdown called back as they were getting ready for the extra point for God only knows why. The refs all but ran off the field afterwards. Still a really great group of kids that will contribute. The current 8th grade class is a good mix of big guys, receivers and backs. They'll be exciting to watch going forward. 

1 hour ago, TotallynotLEO said:

The Senators lost in overtime tonight. Had the tying touchdown called back as they were getting ready for the extra point for God only knows why. The refs all but ran off the field afterwards. Still a really great group of kids that will contribute. The current 8th grade class is a good mix of big guys, receivers and backs. They'll be exciting to watch going forward. 

Wow.. I hate that... Thanks I have been trying all evening to find the score.  Well at least well have some exciting days ahead. Sad it has to end like that. Hopefully the the kids will understand and just get stronger. :(