#1 Oakland (6-0) @ Blackman (3-3)

GoPats2019

31 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

No if. You can write it in ink, Oakland will be facing Maryville in the semis for the 6th year in a row

I haven’t seen Oakland this year, but I’m sure they’re great like always. But, I have seen Maryville and if they can get fully healthy I could see them giving Oakland all they wanted and more. Talent abounds all over the field for those guys. It’ll be a great game.

Edited by SweetScience

2 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

I haven’t seen Oakland this year, but I’m sure they’re great like always. But, I have seen Maryville and if they can get fully healthy I could see them giving Oakland all they wanted and more. They have talent abound all over the field. It’ll be a great game.

The biggest concern is if 26 can get back on the field. 

1 minute ago, SweetScience said:

I haven’t seen Oakland this year, but I’m sure they’re great like always. But, I have seen Maryville and if they can get fully healthy I could see them giving Oakland all they wanted and more. They have talent abound all over the field. It’ll be a great game.

The only ppl saying Oakland won't be challenged are non Oakland folk. Oakland has never won at Maryville. In the Creasy Era, the home team has always won when Oakland and Maryville meet up, so I'd argue it's the Rebels that are the favorites

• Like 1

Man!   I dreaded coming on here today, but I ain’t gonna hide...

my observations - talent gap between Oakland and Blackman is there, but not huge.   Coaching gap....well....it just is what it is.  

our offense was horrendous - it has been most of the year....it’s obvious that something has to change in scheme or something - I don’t know.  

special teams - bad...just bad right now....hurt us against Alcoa and again tonight - I wish we would fix it.  

defense - was ok but gave up a big pass early like we have in all our losses.  

I just really believe we could play Oakland closer - don’t know that we could beat them, but I don’t see a 40 point differential in talent.   

I am glad we are 3-4 I guess and 2nd in district cause we are almost 2-4 and 3rd.

Not much else I can say...congrats Oakland  

41 minutes ago, BigGameHunter said:

Man!   I dreaded coming on here today, but I ain’t gonna hide...

my observations - talent gap between Oakland and Blackman is there, but not huge.   Coaching gap....well....it just is what it is.  

our offense was horrendous - it has been most of the year....it’s obvious that something has to change in scheme or something - I don’t know.  

special teams - bad...just bad right now....hurt us against Alcoa and again tonight - I wish we would fix it.  

defense - was ok but gave up a big pass early like we have in all our losses.  

I just really believe we could play Oakland closer - don’t know that we could beat them, but I don’t see a 40 point differential in talent.   

I am glad we are 3-4 I guess and 2nd in district cause we are almost 2-4 and 3rd.

Not much else I can say...congrats Oakland  

Thanks and good luck for the remainder of your season.