Fox Sports Jackson 105.3 week 8 High School Football Poll for West Tennessee

ReitzFan

17 minutes ago, Waker said:

I don’t know about Henry co at 3

People have questioned me all year about placing Henry County so high in the poll based on their two early-season losses. The two losses were to a very talented Haywood Club and a stout team from Beach. Henry County is vastly improved over the first two weeks of the season. I also think that their size and depth would put a strain on most of the other teams in the top 10.

Note, this post was edited to make a factual correction.

Edited by ReitzFan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

People have questioned me all year about placing Henry County so high in the poll based on their two early-season losses. The two losses were to a very talented Haywood Club and a stout Brentwood team. Henry County is vastly improved over the first two weeks of the season. I also think that their size and depth would put a strain on most of the other teams in the top 10.

Their other loss was to Beech

1 hour ago, ReitzFan said:

People have questioned me all year about placing Henry County so high in the poll based on their two early-season losses. The two losses were to a very talented Haywood Club and a stout team from Beach. Henry County is vastly improved over the first two weeks of the season. I also think that their size and depth would put a strain on most of the other teams in the top 10.

Note, this post was edited to make a factual correction.

Their wins over Brentwood and Germantown are impressive. They took Beech to the wire. I think they are a top 5 west TN team for sure. 

• Upvote 1

Henry County gave Beech 3 scores and missed a FG at the end in that game and lost by 2, and that was Week 2 when we weren’t really clicking. I think we’d beat them by 2 scores if we played today. Haywood just flat whipped us up front, not to mention we started a 14 year old freshman at quarterback, but both sides of our lines have vastly improved, as has our freshman QB. I’m a homer, but there’s very few teams on this list that would even give HC a game right now, much less beat them. 

1 hour ago, OmahaPatriot said:

Henry County gave Beech 3 scores and missed a FG at the end in that game and lost by 2, and that was Week 2 when we weren’t really clicking. I think we’d beat them by 2 scores if we played today. Haywood just flat whipped us up front, not to mention we started a 14 year old freshman at quarterback, but both sides of our lines have vastly improved, as has our freshman QB. I’m a homer, but there’s very few teams on this list that would even give HC a game right now, much less beat them. 

The first week against Haywood we had a freshman QB starting his first game on the road against a 4A favorite to go to Cookeville! We had our top 2 RB's out as well. We was relying on a 3rd string RB who hadn't played much. 

1 hour ago, PatriotNation said:

The first week against Haywood we had a freshman QB starting his first game on the road against a 4A favorite to go to Cookeville! We had our top 2 RB's out as well. We was relying on a 3rd string RB who hadn't played much. 

Correct. We were manhandled up front though, that was the biggest take away in that game for me. The offensive and defensive lines have played so much better since that game. We had no push in the running game and our freshman was taking some shots back there. They’ve played well since then

1 hour ago, PatriotNation said:

Doing it on the practice field is one thing. Doing it under that lights with thousands of folks watching is a completely different thing. I have seen several kids that play like Tarzan on the practice field... game time they play like Jane. 

I would pick Henry county of Haywood if they played this Friday night. I think it would be a good game but, Haywood has a real problem with the yellow garments. That is why I think the Patriots would win. 

1 hour ago, ManOfMillions said:

Doing it on the practice field is one thing. Doing it under that lights with thousands of folks watching is a completely different thing. I have seen several kids that play like Tarzan on the practice field... game time they play like Jane. 

I would pick Henry county of Haywood if they played this Friday night. I think it would be a good game but, Haywood has a real problem with the yellow garments. That is why I think the Patriots would win. 

He was probably a little shell shocked week one against Haywood. Since then he’s played about as well as you could ask him to. The young man is going to be very special. He also has some really good football players that will join him as sophomores next year. The future is looking bright in Patriot Nation.