Dobyns Bennett Indians host the Farragut Admirals

DBGRAD70

9 hours ago, kingindian33 said:

DB 52 - Admirals 20

I like the way your thinking 33.However,if the Farragut team shows up that played Maryville and the DB team shows up that played Boone ? Then I'd have it closer,say 51-20.Just messing around,if DB shows up and plays another Boone game it very well could be 52-20,with "Farragut " winning the game.I'd be surprised if that happens but we all know it's never a done deal with these high school games.Right now is the time for the best teams to start clicking for the playoffs and that's where this years DB team could separate from DB's past playoff teams.Who knows if DB will be back at this point next year or ever,so now is the time to do something special over the next few months.One more time,Roll tribe.

On 10/6/2019 at 9:20 PM, WaCoJaCo said:

Farragut had 24 against Maryville. DB appears to have a pretty good defense but I just don't see them holding Farragut to 13. DB has 5 starters out with injuries. Yeah they seem to have pretty good depth but there's a reason those guys were starters. I'm going to guess the score will be 31-28 with DB winning with a late FG.

That's with Maryville missing a few starters on defense. Wouldn't read too much into how much Farragut scored.

1 hour ago, JSamson7 said:

That's with Maryville missing a few starters on defense. Wouldn't read too much into how much Farragut scored.

It’s worth noting that when Farragut played Maryville, the Admirals were also down a starting safety, two starting linebackers and a starting running back. I’m not taking anything away from Maryville’s injuries or the importance of those guys to their team, just pointing out that Farragut was far from healthy as well that night.  

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Bluegreymom said:

It’s worth noting that when Farragut played Maryville, the Admirals were also down a starting safety, two starting linebackers and a starting running back. I’m not taking anything away from Maryville’s injuries or the importance of those guys to their team, just pointing out that Farragut was far from healthy as well that night.  

That may be true, but none of those players are at the level of the ones Maryville was missing. 

Watched the DB and Bearden game. Have to say this is one of the better DB teams I have seen. They have a really good running back big and physical runner. The team as a whole was really physical. There defense looked pretty dang good to. Farragut better be ready or it could be a long night for them.

Edited by rollnoles

Okay hmmm... Gone.

I do like how this bunch of Indians work. They are a 4 quarter team normally.  They come to play hard and don't underestimate their opponents. 

They however are making too many mistakes that end up in penalties. They need to focus on preventing "holding" penalties for example. Save the heart ache and avoid 'em.

Farragut is an opportunity to learn and improve before the 1st seriously big test - Alcoa.

Edited by DBGRAD70

Yep Monster,a lot of players and coaches read this stuff.I have to say that my kids didn't read coacht or ever have an account when they were at DB in different sports or still could give care about the T. My son that would play football for GC had zero clue as to anything wrote on coacht during football season unless someone told him.He done what every player and coach should do instead.  At the end of every day when you look in the mirror,you know if you done the best you could do and it really doesn't matter what anyone else thinks because you either gave your best or you didn't..I have to say that this staff and these players so far can look in the mirror with pride.Many will still be able to when the season is over,I'd just not want to be the one that can't say he gave his all.Roll Tribe